The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment

Post subject: Re: Master of None
PostPosted: Mon June 19, 2017 7:55 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

LoathedVermin72 wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
i really enjoy this show. and enjoy Aziz.

what i find interesting about the show is that Aziz and I are roughly the same age (me older by a couple of years). i've been in a relationship with my wife for 10 years. i completely missed out on the dating app thing and trying to find someone in this modern world. i find it a fascinating view into how single mid-30yo men and women traverse through life in a way that i never did.

I totally agree. My wife and I comment on that aspect of the show a lot, actually. It's actually kind of relieving, I think, to have missed the whole dating app/dating in NYC thing. I don't know how I could possibly manage that shit.

I would rather die

it sounds awful. my best friend is a 37yo single dude, never married, but would love to have that significant other. the stories he tells me about dating now, and all the phone apps... yeesh, i feel really bad for him.

PostPosted: Tue June 20, 2017 1:47 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

bodysnatcher wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
i really enjoy this show. and enjoy Aziz.

what i find interesting about the show is that Aziz and I are roughly the same age (me older by a couple of years). i've been in a relationship with my wife for 10 years. i completely missed out on the dating app thing and trying to find someone in this modern world. i find it a fascinating view into how single mid-30yo men and women traverse through life in a way that i never did.

I totally agree. My wife and I comment on that aspect of the show a lot, actually. It's actually kind of relieving, I think, to have missed the whole dating app/dating in NYC thing. I don't know how I could possibly manage that shit.

I would rather die

it sounds awful. my best friend is a 37yo single dude, never married, but would love to have that significant other. the stories he tells me about dating now, and all the phone apps... yeesh, i feel really bad for him.

Is he on Coffee Meets Bagel? Or is that just a New York City app?

PostPosted: Tue June 20, 2017 2:01 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

guys, the dating app thing is awful

PostPosted: Tue June 20, 2017 2:22 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Have you tried Coffee Meets Bagel?

PostPosted: Tue June 20, 2017 2:38 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

durdencommatyler wrote:

No. But I don't need it right now, I'm "kind of" dating someone. I'll keep it in mind though.

Just overall, the experience was awful with the apps though. Maybe it is because I'm older? Idk, but lots of crazies out there, I'm sure it is the same way for the ladies as well.

PostPosted: Tue June 20, 2017 2:41 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

No. But I don't need it right now, I'm "kind of" dating someone. I'll keep it in mind though.

Just overall, the experience was awful with the apps though. Maybe it is because I'm older? Idk, but lots of crazies out there, I'm sure it is the same way for the ladies as well.

Coffee Meets Bagel is the stupidest dating app I've ever heard of. Never used it, obviously, but my best friend tried it for a while before he got serious with his current lady friend. My god it's the worst. And somehow kind of offensive. You're better off without it.

Good luck with everything else going on right now, buddy.

PostPosted: Tue June 20, 2017 2:43 pm 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
guys, the dating app thing is awful

I honestly kind of would like to try it

PostPosted: Tue June 20, 2017 2:50 pm 
The Beef

Dating app thing was fine - I probably dated about 40 people over 2 years before meeting my current partner. Never had a crazy, and could often skip the boring "same old" conversations to start with because we'd have established some kind of connection. I mostly used OKCupid, but went on a few Tinder dates, which were fine too.

PostPosted: Tue June 20, 2017 3:43 pm 
slower than 82% of US

ABNorman wrote:
Dating app thing was fine - I probably dated about 40 people over 2 years before meeting my current partner. Never had a crazy, and could often skip the boring "same old" conversations to start with because we'd have established some kind of connection. I mostly used OKCupid, but went on a few Tinder dates, which were fine too.

thats ABNormal from most people's experiences.

PostPosted: Tue June 20, 2017 4:47 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Mecca wrote:
ABNorman wrote:

thats ABNormal from most people's experiences.

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment