Switch to full style
Books, movies, television...
Post a reply

Re: HBO Show: Westworld

Mon May 04, 2020 4:19 pm

The finale was a slight improvement but the season overall was a dud. I will certainly watch when it comes back in 2022 but if they don't bring back the Season 1 writers and/or get a fresh infusion of creative talent behind the camera, I am likely to check out quickly.

Tue May 05, 2020 1:53 am

Ensign9 wrote:The finale was a slight improvement but the season overall was a dud. I will certainly watch when it comes back in 2022 but if they don't bring back the Season 1 writers and/or get a fresh infusion of creative talent behind the camera, I am likely to check out quickly.

If you watch the behind the scenes and the way the creators speak about any shots or scenes, you get the sense that they’re all superficial and do things just cuz they think it’s cool. Reminded me of the game of thrones showrunners

Wed May 06, 2020 4:15 pm

Mecca wrote:
Ensign9 wrote:The finale was a slight improvement but the season overall was a dud. I will certainly watch when it comes back in 2022 but if they don't bring back the Season 1 writers and/or get a fresh infusion of creative talent behind the camera, I am likely to check out quickly.

If you watch the behind the scenes and the way the creators speak about any shots or scenes, you get the sense that they’re all superficial and do things just cuz they think it’s cool. Reminded me of the game of thrones showrunners

Agree. Westworld's problem is it doesn't have outstanding source material to use as a crutch like D&D did.

Wed June 03, 2020 5:27 am

we're on the fourth episode of season 3. this is fucking terrible.

Wed June 03, 2020 12:31 pm

Yeah it got really bad

Sun June 07, 2020 10:17 pm

finally got caught up on this one. the season finale was quite prescient and a bit surreal to watch after the last week and a half.

Tue May 10, 2022 3:16 am

In what seems like a big surprise (I hadn't heard anything at all), Season 4 premieres on June 26th:

Tue May 10, 2022 3:20 am

Simple Torture wrote:In what seems like a big surprise (I hadn't heard anything at all), Season 4 premieres on June 26th:

Returns are diminishing

Tue May 10, 2022 3:27 am

My expectations are so low that surely they'll be exceeded.

Tue May 10, 2022 3:32 am

Simple Torture wrote:My expectations are so low that surely they'll be exceeded.

This isn’t a Pearl Jam album

Tue May 10, 2022 5:04 am

Space Needle = Host confirmed.

Tue May 10, 2022 12:28 pm

Why are they still making this turd

Tue May 10, 2022 2:09 pm

E.H. Ruddock wrote:Why are they still making this turd

Mecca wrote:Why is this show?

Sun June 26, 2022 10:27 pm

Lets ride this trainwreck again

Mon June 27, 2022 6:22 am

Boring.

I’m still chasing that Season 1 high.

Mon June 27, 2022 9:34 pm

Ensign9 wrote:Boring.

When I loaded up HBO Max today, there was a huge button to start Westworld, so I pushed it to jump in. After 5 minutes, I thought it was interesting that the beginning of the Season 4 premiere was mirroring the Season 1 premiere so closely.

That's when I realized that it was Season 1 Episode 1 that was playing, and I had just assumed the show would be cool with reusing those scenes.

When I eventually watched the new season premiere...I just feel like all of the drama it's creating is based around mysteries and questions we've all seen before. Who's a human and who's a host? Is "Christina" in the real world or in some sort of simulation? Who's a friend of humanity and who wants to destroy it? I just don't see how it'll take off to something more engaging.

Tue June 28, 2022 1:07 am

Simple Torture wrote:

When I loaded up HBO Max today, there was a huge button to start Westworld, so I pushed it to jump in. After 5 minutes, I thought it was interesting that the beginning of the Season 4 premiere was mirroring the Season 1 premiere so closely.

That's when I realized that it was Season 1 Episode 1 that was playing, and I had just assumed the show would be cool with reusing those scenes.

When I eventually watched the new season premiere...I just feel like all of the drama it's creating is based around mysteries and questions we've all seen before. Who's a human and who's a host? Is "Christina" in the real world or in some sort of simulation? Who's a friend of humanity and who wants to destroy it? I just don't see how it'll take off to something more engaging.

I forgot to mention "the tower"--whatever that is, it sure seems like it's serving the same function as the maze.

Tue June 28, 2022 1:25 pm

Simple Torture wrote:

I did the same thing! :D

Tue July 12, 2022 3:23 am

Not bad so Far
Aaron fuckin Paul

Wed July 13, 2022 2:00 am

I'm half in/half out this season. About half of the show (Caleb/Maeve and Hale/MiB) is extremely clear and moving along nicely; except for the little mystery about what happened to Caleb and Maeve at "the Lighthouse," it's all straightforward. Bernard is doing Bernard things. "Christina's" storyline is...still have no opinion about it.
Post a reply