Switch to full style
Books, movies, television...
Post a reply

Re: HBO Show: Westworld

Mon May 04, 2020 4:19 pm

The finale was a slight improvement but the season overall was a dud. I will certainly watch when it comes back in 2022 but if they don't bring back the Season 1 writers and/or get a fresh infusion of creative talent behind the camera, I am likely to check out quickly.

Tue May 05, 2020 1:53 am

Ensign9 wrote:The finale was a slight improvement but the season overall was a dud. I will certainly watch when it comes back in 2022 but if they don't bring back the Season 1 writers and/or get a fresh infusion of creative talent behind the camera, I am likely to check out quickly.

If you watch the behind the scenes and the way the creators speak about any shots or scenes, you get the sense that they’re all superficial and do things just cuz they think it’s cool. Reminded me of the game of thrones showrunners

Wed May 06, 2020 4:15 pm

Mecca wrote:
Ensign9 wrote:The finale was a slight improvement but the season overall was a dud. I will certainly watch when it comes back in 2022 but if they don't bring back the Season 1 writers and/or get a fresh infusion of creative talent behind the camera, I am likely to check out quickly.

If you watch the behind the scenes and the way the creators speak about any shots or scenes, you get the sense that they’re all superficial and do things just cuz they think it’s cool. Reminded me of the game of thrones showrunners

Agree. Westworld's problem is it doesn't have outstanding source material to use as a crutch like D&D did.

Wed June 03, 2020 5:27 am

we're on the fourth episode of season 3. this is fucking terrible.

Wed June 03, 2020 12:31 pm

Yeah it got really bad

Sun June 07, 2020 10:17 pm

finally got caught up on this one. the season finale was quite prescient and a bit surreal to watch after the last week and a half.
Post a reply