The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 398 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 20  Next
 Post subject: Re: HBO Show: Westworld
PostPosted: Tue November 08, 2016 10:40 am 
Looks Like a Cat

spike wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
doone wrote:
spike wrote:
doone wrote:
She was threatening them with the knowledge of what they've been up to with the hosts...stuff they aren't supposed to be doing, like sex etc. although I'm not sure how she would report them. Also not sure why they couldn't wipe her, maybe they don't have access to that program??

report them to who?

As I said, I don't know but obviously the 2 guys were scared enough to do as she demanded.

The wipe is not working on her so she could tell the guests

why would the guests care?

Yelp. And that's how the management would find out about the repair guys "five minutes in heaven" side business.

PostPosted: Tue November 08, 2016 2:31 pm 
The Master

:haha:

PostPosted: Tue November 08, 2016 2:46 pm 
Future Drummer

There ya go. I have to stop surfing while I watch TV and pay attention. ;)

PostPosted: Wed November 09, 2016 6:42 pm 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

I'm stuck at the midway point of episode 4. I want to like the show but I don't think I care.

PostPosted: Mon November 14, 2016 2:14 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Well, I was wrong. Kinda surprised by how that ended as well.

PostPosted: Mon November 14, 2016 3:19 pm 
AnalLog

Spoiler: show
So, I'm thinking with Bernard being a host and all - is it possible that he's based on Albert and that Ford (obvi) is a straight up monster who killed Albert but still wanted to create something in his image? Just spit balling but plenty of possibilities with the Bernard revelation

PostPosted: Mon November 14, 2016 3:21 pm 
The Master

jwfocker wrote:
Spoiler: show
So, I'm thinking with Bernard being a host and all - is it possible that he's based on Albert and that Ford (obvi) is a straight up monster who killed Albert but still wanted to create something in his image? Just spit balling but plenty of possibilities with the Bernard revelation

It is certainly possible.

PostPosted: Mon November 14, 2016 4:21 pm 
slower than 82% of US

I don't see articles complaining about the nudity in this show like we got with game of thrones

PostPosted: Mon November 14, 2016 11:50 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

Mecca wrote:
I don't see articles complaining about the nudity in this show like we got with game of thrones

I've seen it mentioned, but it's usually just a casual "Westworld has the same issues with nudity as GoT." I think even people who feel strongly about it just are fatigued by the fact that flagship HBO dramas just need to have excessive nudity. There was a slight rumbling when Elsie was ogling a black guy's dick, but it was a different sort of criticism.

PostPosted: Mon November 14, 2016 11:52 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

And yeah the Bernard reveal was executed well, but I feel like we've all just come to expect things like that in mystery box shows. The work they did with Teddy in the premiere was much more effective; here's hoping there are no more hidden hosts out there.

PostPosted: Tue November 15, 2016 12:45 am 
The Beef

Westworld is actually just a room in the old age home of the future where they've given Anthony Hopkins his dream come true as his real self succumbs to dementia. Nobody else is real.

PostPosted: Tue November 15, 2016 12:46 am 
Looks Like a Cat

ABNorman wrote:
Westworld is actually just a room in the old age home of the future where they've given Anthony Hopkins his dream come true as his real self succumbs to dementia. Nobody else is real.

Spoiler that shit

PostPosted: Tue November 15, 2016 12:55 am 
The Beef

Bi_3 wrote:
ABNorman wrote:

Spoiler that shit

Their journey to sentience is his journey to senility.

PostPosted: Tue November 15, 2016 1:29 am 
I Have A Third Nipple

ABNorman wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
ABNorman wrote:

Spoiler that shit

Their journey to sentience is his journey to senility.

ABNorman is the lost Nolan brother confirmed

PostPosted: Tue November 15, 2016 3:23 am 
I Have A Third Nipple

Now the running theory is that there are three timelines wtffffffff Westworld.

PostPosted: Tue November 15, 2016 12:00 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Simple Torture wrote:

Why? What in the show mandates multiple timelines?

PostPosted: Tue November 15, 2016 12:09 pm 
The Beef

Bi_3 wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:

Apparently William (the guy hanging out with Dolores) keeps strolling past "old" Westworld logos, or something.

PostPosted: Tue November 15, 2016 12:21 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

ABNorman wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:

Apparently William (the guy hanging out with Dolores) keeps strolling past "old" Westworld logos, or something.

Never noticed. But couldn't that be because they are in rarely used areas of the park?

PostPosted: Tue November 15, 2016 12:26 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

Bi_3 wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:

The running theory is that: since no humans have interacted between the William and Man in Black stories (only hosts like Dolores and Lawrence, who don't have a lifespan and don't age), that there's no reason to believe yet that they're occurring at the same time; many people believe that William is the Man in Black (which is why we haven't heard his name yet, and we know Ed Harris is rich, and we know that William is about to marry into money). There are holes in this theory, but it's possible.

And now, with the last episode, there are people who believe that the scenes where Bernard talks to Dolores in the basement where Theresa dies isn't Bernard at all, but that it's Arnold from back before he died. When Ford is telling Bernard the story of him and Arnold in an early episode, he shows him a picture that's ostensibly of him and Arnold (http://imgur.com/o8xcZIH). That man in the photo is the host that Arnold meets in the cabin, which is why he asks, "Are you Arnold?" However, since we see this in an "over-the-shoulder" shot from Bernard's perspective, it's now fishy that we've got two dudes (one we know is a host) in an off-centered photograph. The theory goes that there's a third man in the picture, Arnold, off to the right, but Bernard can't see him because he can't see things that would hurt him ("What door?" / "It doesn't look like anything to me"). Bernard is his own consciousness that was designed by Ford, just like everybody else, but physically he's a recreation of Arnold.

PostPosted: Tue November 15, 2016 2:29 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Simple Torture wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:

The running theory is that: since no humans have interacted between the William and Man in Black stories (only hosts like Dolores and Lawrence, who don't have a lifespan and don't age), that there's no reason to believe yet that they're occurring at the same time; many people believe that William is the Man in Black (which is why we haven't heard his name yet, and we know Ed Harris is rich, and we know that William is about to marry into money). There are holes in this theory, but it's possible.

Possible, but it might also be that like GoT they were shot at the same time in different locations so it's geography and budget that prevent the actors from being in both scenes.

Simple Torture wrote:
And now, with the last episode, there are people who believe that the scenes where Bernard talks to Dolores in the basement where Theresa dies isn't Bernard at all, but that it's Arnold from back before he died. When Ford is telling Bernard the story of him and Arnold in an early episode, he shows him a picture that's ostensibly of him and Arnold (http://imgur.com/o8xcZIH). That man in the photo is the host that Arnold meets in the cabin, which is why he asks, "Are you Arnold?" However, since we see this in an "over-the-shoulder" shot from Bernard's perspective, it's now fishy that we've got two dudes (one we know is a host) in an off-centered photograph. The theory goes that there's a third man in the picture, Arnold, off to the right, but Bernard can't see him because he can't see things that would hurt him ("What door?" / "It doesn't look like anything to me"). Bernard is his own consciousness that was designed by Ford, just like everybody else, but physically he's a recreation of Arnold.

Bernard like "been Arnold"? I dunno. Possible I suppose. You are on to something with the photo, they wouldn't have shown it if it weren't relevant, but it seems like other people (not hosts) would recognize him if he were. Esp. given the 'no aging' of the hosts. One thought I had was that maybe Ford was making himself in the basement lab.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 398 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 20  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment