Switch to full style
Books, movies, television...
Post a reply

Re: TV: Cheers

Mon January 31, 2022 9:00 am

I just finished season 1. What a sweet show, it's really doing me good. Coach is my favorite. I can't believe he dies

Mon January 31, 2022 10:34 am

To be fair, they didn’t have much of a choice

Mon January 31, 2022 7:05 pm

Jorge wrote:I just finished season 1. What a sweet show, it's really doing me good. Coach is my favorite. I can't believe he dies

I guess you can read my spoiler now.

Sat February 05, 2022 6:37 pm

I love Diane now

Sat February 05, 2022 7:53 pm

They’re all just great

Thu February 24, 2022 3:55 am

I hate Carla now. She's so mean to Diane

Sat May 21, 2022 2:44 am

Sat May 21, 2022 2:49 am

Ted Danson looks about right, at least.

Sat May 21, 2022 3:07 am

thank goodness smoking's been banned in most bars

Sat May 21, 2022 3:32 am

spike wrote:thank goodness smoking's been banned in most bars

I bet u look 36.

Sat May 21, 2022 5:45 pm

Came here to post that. Danson never looks like a real person to me.

Sat May 21, 2022 7:45 pm

lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
spike wrote:thank goodness smoking's been banned in most bars

I bet u look 36.

Oh you

Tue May 24, 2022 3:48 pm

Fri May 27, 2022 10:49 pm

Jorge wrote:I hate Carla now. She's so mean to Diane

Carla's great and Diane walks into it so often. Still, the decent thing to do if you are Carla IRL is to lay off. This being a sitcom though, I like what that dynamic represents.

I used to genuinely love Diane. I wanted to marry a girl like her. She was even my RM avatar for a very long time (pre-jorge era, so you as the current historian might not have known that). I bet she'd annoy me if I ever watched Cheers again though, mostly on a "cringe at your former self" level. Love that Carla, salt of the earth that she is, can keep Diane's nose from being perked too far towards the sky. Still you're right. She's mean.

Fri May 27, 2022 10:54 pm

What we should all really be upset about is how mean she was to poor Cliff. His only sin was always just being an un-self aware talkbox.

Sat May 28, 2022 3:16 am

washing machine wrote:

Carla's great and Diane walks into it so often. Still, the decent thing to do if you are Carla IRL is to lay off. This being a sitcom though, I like what that dynamic represents.

I used to genuinely love Diane. I wanted to marry a girl like her. She was even my RM avatar for a very long time (pre-jorge era, so you as the current historian might not have known that). I bet she'd annoy me if I ever watched Cheers again though, mostly on a "cringe at your former self" level. Love that Carla, salt of the earth that she is, can keep Diane's nose from being perked too far towards the sky. Still you're right. She's mean.

If you read upthread you'll see I started off hating Diane. As the first season went on I really started to warm up to her, she seemed to start being written as more of an equal to Sam and less outwardly obnoxious as her earlier appearances. Meanwhile Carla went from being an early favorite to being just kind of relentlessly aggressive in an unappealing way. I think it's kind of weird

Sat May 28, 2022 3:33 am

Jorge wrote:
washing machine wrote:

If you read upthread you'll see I started off hating Diane. As the first season went on I really started to warm up to her, she seemed to start being written as more of an equal to Sam and less outwardly obnoxious as her earlier appearances. Meanwhile Carla went from being an early favorite to being just kind of relentlessly aggressive in an unappealing way. I think it's kind of weird

live and die by the on again/off again romance

Sun May 29, 2022 3:49 pm

washing machine wrote:His only sin was always just being an un-self aware talkbox.

I think I have found my quote.

Thu June 23, 2022 3:33 pm

Do Cheers employees not work in shifts? It looks like they all start when the place opens and they all leave as it closes down. And it looks like the place opens in the morning, so that's what, an 18 hour workday? Whew

Thu June 23, 2022 4:06 pm

Let’s say it opens at 11am and closes at 2am. That’s what, 15 hours? Yeah that does make for a long day. There have been a few instances of someone starting or finishing their shift sometime in the day after opening/before closing, but not a lot of them.
Post a reply