Switch to full style
Books, movies, television...
Post a reply

TV: Mr. Robot (USA)

Sat June 27, 2015 4:36 pm

Ok so I really enjoyed the pilot.

Re: TV: Mr. Robot (USA)

Sat June 27, 2015 4:49 pm

Damn. I missed it. I really wanted to check it out. I'll have to see if it's on demand.

Sat June 27, 2015 4:52 pm

durdencommatyler wrote:Damn. I missed it. I really wanted to check it out. I'll have to see if it's on demand.

I have high hopes, Joey. Lead actor was really good

Sat June 27, 2015 4:56 pm

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:Damn. I missed it. I really wanted to check it out. I'll have to see if it's on demand.

I have high hopes, Joey. Lead actor was really good

:nice:

Good to hear. I figured I'd like it regardless because Fincher's involved. But I was hoping for something really really good.

EDIT: Someone told me David Fincher produced this but I guess that's not true. Whatever. I'm still excited.

Tue June 30, 2015 2:43 pm

THIS WAS SO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD

Tue June 30, 2015 3:09 pm

durdencommatyler wrote:THIS WAS SO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD

YES! I'm so happy you liked it. It seriously was pretty amazing.

Tue June 30, 2015 4:09 pm

E.H. Ruddock wrote:

One of the strongest pilots I can remember. Maybe not quite as HOLY SHIT as the LOST pilot (for example), but whatever. It was so good. Really nice performances. Well photographed. Great pacing. Interesting characters with depth. Some fun flaws on our hero. Love some of the broader social commentary and feminist strength. Really has a lot in common with what's good about Girl With the Dragon Tattoo (Swedish version).

I'm more excited by this pilot and this show than just about any other out there right now. I hope it can continue with this much strength. Fascinated to see where it goes.

Tue June 30, 2015 4:13 pm

durdencommatyler wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

One of the strongest pilots I can remember. Maybe not quite as HOLY SHIT as the LOST pilot (for example), but whatever. It was so good. Really nice performances. Well photographed. Great pacing. Interesting characters with depth. Some fun flaws on our hero. Love some of the broader social commentary and feminist strength. Really has a lot in common with what's good about Girl With the Dragon Tattoo (Swedish version).

I'm more excited by this pilot and this show than just about any other out there right now. I hope it can continue with this much strength. Fascinated to see where it goes.

Yeah, I thought the music was great too.

Tue June 30, 2015 4:30 pm

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

Yeah, I thought the music was great too.

Absolutely.

I'm really interested to see how long they can sustain the story. How will it shift? Will there big surprises up ahead? What's the endgame? Those are big questions, but I'm also just really interested in watching our guy grow and change. I can't wait to see how he continues to react to situations.

Also, Christian Slater should be in everything.

Tue June 30, 2015 4:51 pm

I liked the pilot a lot too, looking forward to this show every week. The lead actor is great. He was also really good in The Pacific.

Tue June 30, 2015 5:34 pm

durdencommatyler wrote:

He was the wildcard for me going into this. I was worried he would be annoying, but his character is perfect for him.

Tue June 30, 2015 5:44 pm

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

He was the wildcard for me going into this. I was worried he would be annoying, but his character is perfect for him.

He's not a tremendously diverse actor, but he's endearing as fuck. I love him in everything. Gleaming the Cube and Kuffs might be two of my all time favorites. He's outstanding in both of them. Even though, they're totally ridiculous.

Tue June 30, 2015 6:01 pm

Christian Slater is always a fun presence. He plays a great asshole.

Tue June 30, 2015 6:18 pm

LV, you should check this show out.

Tue June 30, 2015 6:19 pm

Hmm, maybe I will. I'm pretty burned out on movies right now and can't really bring myself to watch anything but TV episodes.

Wed July 01, 2015 11:27 pm

New episode tonight Joey

Wed July 01, 2015 11:56 pm

:luv: :luv: :luv:

I'll have to check it out tomorrow night, though. :(

Thu July 02, 2015 12:05 am

Just checked out the trailer for this. It looks good

Thu July 02, 2015 4:06 pm

HOW WAS IT RUDDO?

Thu July 02, 2015 4:09 pm

durdencommatyler wrote:HOW WAS IT RUDDO?

Actually, I didn't see it yet. Was busy last night so we will watch it tonight.
Post a reply