The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 200 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: TV: Mr. Robot (USA)
PostPosted: Sat June 27, 2015 4:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 44559
Ok so I really enjoyed the pilot.

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: TV: Mr. Robot (USA)
PostPosted: Sat June 27, 2015 4:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 55037
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
Damn. I missed it. I really wanted to check it out. I'll have to see if it's on demand.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: TV: Mr. Robot (USA)
PostPosted: Sat June 27, 2015 4:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 44559
durdencommatyler wrote:
Damn. I missed it. I really wanted to check it out. I'll have to see if it's on demand.

I have high hopes, Joey. Lead actor was really good

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: TV: Mr. Robot (USA)
PostPosted: Sat June 27, 2015 4:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 55037
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Damn. I missed it. I really wanted to check it out. I'll have to see if it's on demand.

I have high hopes, Joey. Lead actor was really good

:nice:

Good to hear. I figured I'd like it regardless because Fincher's involved. But I was hoping for something really really good.

EDIT: Someone told me David Fincher produced this but I guess that's not true. Whatever. I'm still excited.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: TV: Mr. Robot (USA)
PostPosted: Tue June 30, 2015 2:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 55037
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
THIS WAS SO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: TV: Mr. Robot (USA)
PostPosted: Tue June 30, 2015 3:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 44559
durdencommatyler wrote:
THIS WAS SO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD

YES! I'm so happy you liked it. It seriously was pretty amazing.

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: TV: Mr. Robot (USA)
PostPosted: Tue June 30, 2015 4:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 55037
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
THIS WAS SO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD

YES! I'm so happy you liked it. It seriously was pretty amazing.

One of the strongest pilots I can remember. Maybe not quite as HOLY SHIT as the LOST pilot (for example), but whatever. It was so good. Really nice performances. Well photographed. Great pacing. Interesting characters with depth. Some fun flaws on our hero. Love some of the broader social commentary and feminist strength. Really has a lot in common with what's good about Girl With the Dragon Tattoo (Swedish version).

I'm more excited by this pilot and this show than just about any other out there right now. I hope it can continue with this much strength. Fascinated to see where it goes.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: TV: Mr. Robot (USA)
PostPosted: Tue June 30, 2015 4:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 44559
durdencommatyler wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
THIS WAS SO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD

YES! I'm so happy you liked it. It seriously was pretty amazing.

One of the strongest pilots I can remember. Maybe not quite as HOLY SHIT as the LOST pilot (for example), but whatever. It was so good. Really nice performances. Well photographed. Great pacing. Interesting characters with depth. Some fun flaws on our hero. Love some of the broader social commentary and feminist strength. Really has a lot in common with what's good about Girl With the Dragon Tattoo (Swedish version).

I'm more excited by this pilot and this show than just about any other out there right now. I hope it can continue with this much strength. Fascinated to see where it goes.

Yeah, I thought the music was great too.

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: TV: Mr. Robot (USA)
PostPosted: Tue June 30, 2015 4:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 55037
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
THIS WAS SO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD

YES! I'm so happy you liked it. It seriously was pretty amazing.

One of the strongest pilots I can remember. Maybe not quite as HOLY SHIT as the LOST pilot (for example), but whatever. It was so good. Really nice performances. Well photographed. Great pacing. Interesting characters with depth. Some fun flaws on our hero. Love some of the broader social commentary and feminist strength. Really has a lot in common with what's good about Girl With the Dragon Tattoo (Swedish version).

I'm more excited by this pilot and this show than just about any other out there right now. I hope it can continue with this much strength. Fascinated to see where it goes.

Yeah, I thought the music was great too.

Absolutely.

I'm really interested to see how long they can sustain the story. How will it shift? Will there big surprises up ahead? What's the endgame? Those are big questions, but I'm also just really interested in watching our guy grow and change. I can't wait to see how he continues to react to situations.

Also, Christian Slater should be in everything.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: TV: Mr. Robot (USA)
PostPosted: Tue June 30, 2015 4:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:15 pm
Posts: 5776
I liked the pilot a lot too, looking forward to this show every week. The lead actor is great. He was also really good in The Pacific.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: TV: Mr. Robot (USA)
PostPosted: Tue June 30, 2015 5:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 44559
durdencommatyler wrote:

Also, Christian Slater should be in everything.

He was the wildcard for me going into this. I was worried he would be annoying, but his character is perfect for him.

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: TV: Mr. Robot (USA)
PostPosted: Tue June 30, 2015 5:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 55037
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

Also, Christian Slater should be in everything.

He was the wildcard for me going into this. I was worried he would be annoying, but his character is perfect for him.

He's not a tremendously diverse actor, but he's endearing as fuck. I love him in everything. Gleaming the Cube and Kuffs might be two of my all time favorites. He's outstanding in both of them. Even though, they're totally ridiculous.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: TV: Mr. Robot (USA)
PostPosted: Tue June 30, 2015 6:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 31236
Location: this field intentionally left blank
Christian Slater is always a fun presence. He plays a great asshole.

_________________
Kevin Davis wrote:
Bullshit, I am delightful.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: TV: Mr. Robot (USA)
PostPosted: Tue June 30, 2015 6:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 44559
LV, you should check this show out.

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: TV: Mr. Robot (USA)
PostPosted: Tue June 30, 2015 6:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 31236
Location: this field intentionally left blank
Hmm, maybe I will. I'm pretty burned out on movies right now and can't really bring myself to watch anything but TV episodes.

_________________
Kevin Davis wrote:
Bullshit, I am delightful.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: TV: Mr. Robot (USA)
PostPosted: Wed July 01, 2015 11:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 44559
New episode tonight Joey

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: TV: Mr. Robot (USA)
PostPosted: Wed July 01, 2015 11:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 55037
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
:luv: :luv: :luv:

I'll have to check it out tomorrow night, though. :(


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: TV: Mr. Robot (USA)
PostPosted: Thu July 02, 2015 12:05 am 
Offline
User avatar
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer
 Profile

Joined: Fri March 22, 2013 7:20 pm
Posts: 7844
Location: 41.1716° S, 174.8248° E
Just checked out the trailer for this. It looks good

_________________
"I really enjoy sandwiches but the other guys are so good at making sandwiches that I don't make them. Now I make sandwiches."


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: TV: Mr. Robot (USA)
PostPosted: Thu July 02, 2015 4:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 55037
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
HOW WAS IT RUDDO?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: TV: Mr. Robot (USA)
PostPosted: Thu July 02, 2015 4:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 44559
durdencommatyler wrote:
HOW WAS IT RUDDO?

Actually, I didn't see it yet. Was busy last night so we will watch it tonight.

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 200 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Sat November 18, 2017 10:26 am