The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 368 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
 Post subject: Re: TV: Fear the Walking Dead (AMC)
PostPosted: Tue October 01, 2019 12:01 am 
Mind Your Tanners

CopperTom wrote:
Well, the worst part is, he may not be dead. Easy save could be coming from Dwight. Crazier save could be that the walkers nearby are actually Whisperers. Rumor is the origins of Whisperers will be explained on Fear.

Personally, I didn't think the Keymasters were all that bad until the final scene. I would have enjoyed if the protagonists splintered into 2 groups, one with Ginny, one with Morgan, both non-evil, making decisions that are all shades of grey, but obviously viewed poorly by the other group. The road not travelled...

Dwight was on a truck and taken away. The only characters I didn't see leave was the kids so I could see the little kid with the glasses was perhaps hiding during the roundup and could help Morgan. But even then, he's losing a lot of blood. He needs someone with med skills.

The swerve would be Sherry coming back for the save and maybe introducing the idea of wearing the deads faces to mount an offensive against the Settlers.

Or maybe he is done for.

PostPosted: Tue October 01, 2019 2:24 pm 
Future Drummer

Stickman wrote:
CopperTom wrote:
Well, the worst part is, he may not be dead. Easy save could be coming from Dwight. Crazier save could be that the walkers nearby are actually Whisperers. Rumor is the origins of Whisperers will be explained on Fear.

Personally, I didn't think the Keymasters were all that bad until the final scene. I would have enjoyed if the protagonists splintered into 2 groups, one with Ginny, one with Morgan, both non-evil, making decisions that are all shades of grey, but obviously viewed poorly by the other group. The road not travelled...

Dwight was on a truck and taken away. The only characters I didn't see leave was the kids so I could see the little kid with the glasses was perhaps hiding during the roundup and could help Morgan. But even then, he's losing a lot of blood. He needs someone with med skills.

The swerve would be Sherry coming back for the save and maybe introducing the idea of wearing the deads faces to mount an offensive against the Settlers.

Or maybe he is done for.

The finale was one of the worst written things I have ever seen. Not that FTWD is gonna win any emmy's anytime soon. But the entire episode was pointless, but your right, we did not see the some of the kids get taken.

If there big change next year's in the episodes is of all these people all over the place with individual episodes, it's gonna go down to basically no viewership. Scott Gimple had like 2 good years of writing on the walking dead, and they put him in charge of the whole ship. In my opinion, Angela Kang should run the ship, what she did with season 9 last year with what she was left with and the mess she was given was a miracle.

PostPosted: Tue October 01, 2019 2:33 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

they've already done the whole "everyone is spread out, how do we all get back together" thing last season and this season, so it will be more of the same next season? I've already given up TWD, probably time to give this up too.

PostPosted: Tue October 01, 2019 4:17 pm 
Future Drummer

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
they've already done the whole "everyone is spread out, how do we all get back together" thing last season and this season, so it will be more of the same next season? I've already given up TWD, probably time to give this up too.

You should give the main show a try again, Season 9 was really good.

PostPosted: Tue October 01, 2019 4:29 pm 
Champion of RM

lowlight79 wrote:
Stickman wrote:
CopperTom wrote:

Or maybe he is done for.

The finale was one of the worst written things I have ever seen. Not that FTWD is gonna win any emmy's anytime soon. But the entire episode was pointless, but your right, we did not see the some of the kids get taken.

If there big change next year's in the episodes is of all these people all over the place with individual episodes, it's gonna go down to basically no viewership. Scott Gimple had like 2 good years of writing on the walking dead, and they put him in charge of the whole ship. In my opinion, Angela Kang should run the ship, what she did with season 9 last year with what she was left with and the mess she was given was a miracle.

I didn't think Dwight went with Ginny's crew. I'll rewatch the last 5 minutes. Anyone but Gimple. He's the worst of the worst.

PostPosted: Tue October 01, 2019 5:54 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

The 2nd half of this season has rated extremely poorly on RT, like down into the teens. The showrunners must know they're on the wrong path. All they've done is take the Negan storyline and tweaked it. And this Morgan cliffhanger is Rick on the rebar all over again.

PostPosted: Tue October 01, 2019 6:54 pm 
Future Drummer

Stickman wrote:
The 2nd half of this season has rated extremely poorly on RT, like down into the teens. The showrunners must know they're on the wrong path. All they've done is take the Negan storyline and tweaked it. And this Morgan cliffhanger is Rick on the rebar all over again.

AMC is the real problem though, they from all accounts, really cheap when it comes to paying out contracts and keeping talent, when darabont asked for a bigger budget, they shit canned him. There paying gimple pennies to run this universe, and he will continue to run it into the ground.

PostPosted: Wed October 02, 2019 12:17 am 
Champion of RM

CopperTom wrote:
lowlight79 wrote:
Stickman wrote:
CopperTom wrote:

Or maybe he is done for.

I didn't think Dwight went with Ginny's crew. I'll rewatch the last 5 minutes. Anyone but Gimple. He's the worst of the worst.

Dwight was taken away with a bunch of no names. I missed that on my first watch. :oops:

PostPosted: Wed October 02, 2019 12:54 am 
Mind Your Tanners

Here’s How Fear the Walking Dead’s Showrunners Responded To Fan Backlash

PostPosted: Wed October 02, 2019 7:09 pm 
Future Drummer

Stickman wrote:

It's funny because what else can they really say? But any exec with a Brain at AMC has to see there is a real problem. But who really cares, the zombie genre can only go so far.

PostPosted: Wed October 02, 2019 7:39 pm 
Champion of RM

Personally, if the season left out reconstructing an airplane and learning to refine oil, I would have been fine with it. That being said, it was still better than several of those TWD seasons prior to last season.

PostPosted: Wed December 04, 2019 3:58 am 
Rank This Poster

Right now, this show is unwatchable

PostPosted: Mon April 06, 2020 7:03 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

So since Lenny James is the star of that new AMC cop drama from the UK, I'm gonna guess Morgan met his fate in the final scene of last season

PostPosted: Mon April 06, 2020 10:00 pm 
Champion of RM

Stickman wrote:
So since Lenny James is the star of that new AMC cop drama from the UK, I'm gonna guess Morgan met his fate in the final scene of last season

That show's been going on since 2018.

PostPosted: Mon April 06, 2020 10:18 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

PostPosted: Fri July 24, 2020 7:18 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

PostPosted: Fri July 24, 2020 7:32 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

Fear is up to season 6? really? I thought that ended 2 seasons in.

PostPosted: Fri July 24, 2020 7:34 pm 
Champion of RM

When were they able to film? This was typically filmed each spring.

PostPosted: Fri July 24, 2020 7:47 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

CopperTom wrote:

They just set up cameras at the Ohio Capitol.

PostPosted: Sat July 25, 2020 11:31 am 
Champion of RM

B wrote:
CopperTom wrote:

They just set up cameras at the Ohio Capitol.

Scariest. Walkers. Ever.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 368 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment