The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 368 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 19  Next
 Post subject: Re: TV: Fear the Walking Dead (AMC)
PostPosted: Tue September 22, 2015 11:51 pm 
Champion of RM

bada wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
bada wrote:
Got around to watching the first episode. The main thing I got out of it was I somehow missed an entire season of Hell On Wheels. Didn't even know the new season started and its over!

I bumped the thread for it!

You did! I even commented on your bump! It went right out of my head after that.

The season didn't finish. It's on break until 2016.

PostPosted: Tue October 06, 2015 12:32 am 
Rank This Poster

the best thing on season 1
:heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat:

PostPosted: Wed October 07, 2015 11:42 am 
AnalLog
 WWW  Profile

A couple of thoughts on the finale...

Spoiler: show
Are we supposed to feel good about the fact that the supposed heroes unleashed thousands of walkers onto the streets of LA? I get that the army dudes were mean and were going to kill people in the safe zone (because, why exactly?), but all those walkers will see to that pretty quickly anyways...especially since they left the gate to their community OPEN without even a word of warning to the people living there. Not to mention the scores of civilians in the army base that they knew where there, and still willingly lead a horde of walkers towards. Is this supposed to be a social commentary about how all people in LA are basically shitty human beings? Because there isn't a likeable character on this show.

On a redeeming note, it's nice to see that someone on a zombie show has the good sense to realize that a boat is probably a pretty safe place to be. I'm sure that they will find a way to fuck it up, but still, i'm interested to see how that plays out. That might be enough to keep me watching next season.

PostPosted: Wed October 07, 2015 1:08 pm 
Champion of RM

mf wrote:

Are we supposed to feel good about the fact that the supposed heroes unleashed thousands of walkers onto the streets of LA? I get that the army dudes were mean and were going to kill people in the safe zone (because, why exactly?), but all those walkers will see to that pretty quickly anyways...especially since they left the gate to their community OPEN without even a word of warning to the people living there. Not to mention the scores of civilians in the army base that they knew where there, and still willingly lead a horde of walkers towards. Is this supposed to be a social commentary about how all people in LA are basically shitty human beings? Because there isn't a likeable character on this show.

On a redeeming note, it's nice to see that someone on a zombie show has the good sense to realize that a boat is probably a pretty safe place to be. I'm sure that they will find a way to fuck it up, but still, i'm interested to see how that plays out. That might be enough to keep me watching next season.

We don't know that this group will be "good." They've already been selfish, torturous and deadly. Only Travis seems good natured. I'm sure the boat storyline will be wrapped up in an episode or 2.

PostPosted: Wed October 07, 2015 1:19 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

mf wrote:

Finally:

Someone is smart and goes out to a boat. They should just head to Catalina Island. I read an interview yesterday with the showrunner and he mentioned that a lot of the next season will be "sea-focused".

PostPosted: Wed October 07, 2015 4:45 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

that was a solid final episode.

PostPosted: Wed October 07, 2015 6:20 pm 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
mf wrote:

Finally:

Someone is smart and goes out to a boat. They should just head to Catalina Island. I read an interview yesterday with the showrunner and he mentioned that a lot of the next season will be "sea-focused".

Every time I go to the beach I see Block Island across the water and think "why don't they go to an island on Walking Dead?".

PostPosted: Wed October 07, 2015 6:49 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

bada wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
mf wrote:

Finally:

Every time I go to the beach I see Block Island across the water and think "why don't they go to an island on Walking Dead?".

It is infuriating. I mean, even just an island on a river or lake would be better than anywhere they have been so far

PostPosted: Mon November 30, 2015 4:34 am 
Mind Your Tanners

I'm diggin these teasers from the plane lately.

PostPosted: Tue December 08, 2015 4:26 am 
mXn

I may have posted this already, but I couldn't get into any of the characters on this show and I just want them all to die. But I have to watch because I'm so invested in the real Walking Dead.

The airplane spots are cool tho.

PostPosted: Tue March 22, 2016 2:13 pm 

PostPosted: Tue March 22, 2016 2:25 pm 

Also, here is episodes 1-8 of that Flight 462 web series:

PostPosted: Tue March 22, 2016 4:52 pm 

I'm looking forward to the boat/water aspect this season. I always thought if something like this happened, I would go to one of the little island communites down here, blow up the bridge leading over to it, and live happily ever after.

PostPosted: Tue March 22, 2016 6:11 pm 
Champion of RM

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
I'm looking forward to the boat/water aspect this season. I always thought if something like this happened, I would go to one of the little island communites down here, blow up the bridge leading over to it, and live happily ever after.

Until 1 person on the island died. Turned. Then chaos starts again. This was already shown during the Prison era. Island logic would be no different.

PostPosted: Tue March 22, 2016 6:17 pm 

CopperTom wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

Until 1 person on the island died. Turned. Then chaos starts again. This was already shown during the Prison era. Island logic would be no different.

Except for the fact that I would be there.

PostPosted: Tue March 22, 2016 6:29 pm 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

Is this show any good?

PostPosted: Tue March 22, 2016 6:38 pm 

Kaius wrote:
Is this show any good?

I like it because it is happening at the very beginning. Gives a different perspective.

PostPosted: Tue March 22, 2016 8:13 pm 
Champion of RM

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
CopperTom wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

Relax, Shane.

PostPosted: Tue March 22, 2016 8:14 pm 

CopperTom wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
CopperTom wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

Relax, Shane.

I would rule with an iron fist

PostPosted: Tue March 22, 2016 8:21 pm 
Champion of RM

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
CopperTom wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
CopperTom wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

Relax, Shane.

I would rule with an iron fist

So you'd be killed by someone within your group...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 368 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 19  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment