Switch to full style
Books, movies, television...
Post a reply

Re: What are you currently watching on TV?

Fri March 22, 2024 12:14 am

Mrs Wease just forwarded me the announcement of a Golden Girls remake on Disney+. I love all four actresses involved but I really have no desire to watch it. I don’t see how it could possibly compare to the original. Plus I would constantly compare with the original actresses.

Fri March 22, 2024 12:19 am

turkey sandwich

Fri March 22, 2024 4:06 pm

Ill sure be watching that Penguin tv show...Colin Farrell is amazing

Fri March 22, 2024 4:09 pm

doug rr wrote:turkey sandwich

Great show

Wed March 27, 2024 11:11 am

Finally finished Ted Lasso. It started so well, but like some RMer said about the Justified sequel, Ted just became a passenger in his own story even in the end.
Last edited by Bi_3 on Wed March 27, 2024 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed March 27, 2024 9:25 pm

we watched the first 2 episodes of Palm Royale on Apple TV last night...not a great show by any means but entertaining at least

Tue April 02, 2024 7:16 pm

I'm always a sucker to watch documentaries about stupid people in a cult..going to start Synanon fix on HBO tonight

Wed April 03, 2024 1:00 pm

doug rr wrote:I'm always a sucker to watch documentaries about stupid people in a cult..going to start Synanon fix on HBO tonight

Same. Think I'll give this a try today

Wed April 03, 2024 4:48 pm

I don't think I ever got the memo that there was a season 2 of Gangs of London, so catching up on that now.

Wed April 03, 2024 4:56 pm

E.H. Ruddock wrote:I don't think I ever got the memo that there was a season 2 of Gangs of London, so catching up on that now.

Do you mean you are "SO" catching up on that now, or "so, you're gonna catch up on that now"?

Wed April 03, 2024 5:13 pm

Daughters of the Cult

Wed April 03, 2024 5:45 pm

tree_ wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:I don't think I ever got the memo that there was a season 2 of Gangs of London, so catching up on that now.

Do you mean you are "SO" catching up on that now, or "so, you're gonna catch up on that now"?

I don't even know

Thu April 04, 2024 2:47 am

Silo.
3 eps in. The cop who loves the mayor reminds me of Grandpa Joe from Willy Wonka.

Thu April 04, 2024 9:30 am

I started Silo after seeing it top some "best sci-fi TV shows" list. Wasn't feeling it at all.

Sat April 06, 2024 11:21 pm

Saw the first two of Ripley, and im loving the photography and framing so much. So far a few choices regarding the story dont make a lot of sense, and this is a very different approach to, lets say, the 1999 movie , but its compelling and interesting enough to keep watching it.

Andrew Scott is clearly having some fun, and i have yet to be convinced he is great in the role, but overall he is fine here doing something different than Matt Damon.

Mon April 08, 2024 1:44 pm

Just finished the fifth ep and im very impressed with it. Looks absolutely glorious and its dark and twisted but also really funny too.

Mon April 08, 2024 1:44 pm

Just finished the fifth ep and im very impressed with it. Looks absolutely glorious and its dark and twisted but also really funny too.

Tue April 09, 2024 5:37 am

daft twat wrote:Silo.
3 eps in. The cop who loves the mayor reminds me of Grandpa Joe from Willy Wonka.

As in he's a lazy, useless freeloading arsehole who is a huge burden on his poor over-worked daughter and son-in-law?

Sat April 13, 2024 6:01 pm

Finished Ripley and I can’t recommend it enough. Gorgeous photography, great framing and pace and very funny too.

Sun April 14, 2024 6:28 pm

Started the new Colin Farrell show, Sugar. EP1 is all over the place but looks good and i do love a noir so lets do it.
Post a reply