The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3525 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 177  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: What are you currently watching on TV?
PostPosted: Sun February 17, 2013 5:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 61047
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
WtOB? wrote:
Extended versions?

The DVDs have extended versions of just about every episode. The Blu Ray has the shows as they originally aired. So a lot of the jokes and bits and moments that I'm used to, that I really associate with given episodes, are gone.

I watch the show more on DVD than I do on TV.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you currently watching on TV?
PostPosted: Sun February 17, 2013 10:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu January 31, 2013 7:03 am
Posts: 5180
Location: by the ocean
durdencommatyler wrote:
WtOB? wrote:
Extended versions?

The DVDs have extended versions of just about every episode. The Blu Ray has the shows as they originally aired. So a lot of the jokes and bits and moments that I'm used to, that I really associate with given episodes, are gone.

I watch the show more on DVD than I do on TV.


I was not aware of that. That kinda sucks.

_________________
Dev wrote:
those who are fulfilled by life are either simpletons or lack conscientiousness.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you currently watching on TV?
PostPosted: Mon February 18, 2013 1:40 am 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Fri January 04, 2013 11:12 pm
Posts: 1111
Home Improvement is pretty good.

Now I'm watching the All Star game intros. This is fucking depressing.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you currently watching on TV?
PostPosted: Mon February 18, 2013 1:49 am 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue December 18, 2012 8:33 pm
Posts: 10580
Chopped


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you currently watching on TV?
PostPosted: Mon February 18, 2013 2:26 am 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 8:12 pm
Posts: 2210
Location: Lynchburg, VA
House Hunters or something along those lines. These people piss me off. $5,000/month for rent and all they do is complain about the size of the place. 6 bedrooms isn't enough room, you fuggin kidding me?

_________________
I hate to say I love you,
But oh goddamn I love you,
You know I do.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you currently watching on TV?
PostPosted: Mon February 18, 2013 2:49 am 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue December 18, 2012 8:33 pm
Posts: 10580
Worst cooks in America


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you currently watching on TV?
PostPosted: Mon February 18, 2013 4:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 12259
Location: Mizzou
Chloe wrote:
House Hunters or something along those lines. These people piss me off. $5,000/month for rent and all they do is complain about the size of the place. 6 bedrooms isn't enough room, you fuggin kidding me?


I love when they criticize a huge master bathroom for not having enough space. How much space do you need in a bathroom? Most of the time you're sitting on the crapper, in the shower, or standing right by the sink.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you currently watching on TV?
PostPosted: Mon February 18, 2013 4:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:24 pm
Posts: 3076
Location: Death Machine Inc's HQ
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Chloe wrote:
House Hunters or something along those lines. These people piss me off. $5,000/month for rent and all they do is complain about the size of the place. 6 bedrooms isn't enough room, you fuggin kidding me?


I love when they criticize a huge master bathroom for not having enough space. How much space do you need in a bathroom? Most of the time you're sitting on the crapper, in the shower, or standing right by the sink.


I saw one episode of "Love It or List It" where the couple became visibly ill when they learned their heated bathroom floor would be electric and not radiant from hot water. The wife just about lost it at the remodel lady. Sometimes HGTV goes so far beyond the "first world problems" meme, it's amazing.

_________________
the sentinel remains vigilant


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you currently watching on TV?
PostPosted: Mon February 18, 2013 4:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 8:12 pm
Posts: 2210
Location: Lynchburg, VA
broken iris wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Chloe wrote:
House Hunters or something along those lines. These people piss me off. $5,000/month for rent and all they do is complain about the size of the place. 6 bedrooms isn't enough room, you fuggin kidding me?


I love when they criticize a huge master bathroom for not having enough space. How much space do you need in a bathroom? Most of the time you're sitting on the crapper, in the shower, or standing right by the sink.


I saw one episode of "Love It or List It" where the couple became visibly ill when they learned their heated bathroom floor would be electric and not radiant from hot water. The wife just about lost it at the remodel lady. Sometimes HGTV goes so far beyond the "first world problems" meme, it's amazing.

It's just crazy to see how people spend their money. I can maybe see a radiant heated floor, especially in a colder climate, it's really not that costly, but who gives a shit how it's heated - it's warm, right?

_________________
I hate to say I love you,
But oh goddamn I love you,
You know I do.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you currently watching on TV?
PostPosted: Mon February 18, 2013 5:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 12259
Location: Mizzou
Chloe wrote:
broken iris wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Chloe wrote:
House Hunters or something along those lines. These people piss me off. $5,000/month for rent and all they do is complain about the size of the place. 6 bedrooms isn't enough room, you fuggin kidding me?


I love when they criticize a huge master bathroom for not having enough space. How much space do you need in a bathroom? Most of the time you're sitting on the crapper, in the shower, or standing right by the sink.


I saw one episode of "Love It or List It" where the couple became visibly ill when they learned their heated bathroom floor would be electric and not radiant from hot water. The wife just about lost it at the remodel lady. Sometimes HGTV goes so far beyond the "first world problems" meme, it's amazing.

It's just crazy to see how people spend their money. I can maybe see a radiant heated floor, especially in a colder climate, it's really not that costly, but who gives a shit how it's heated - it's warm, right?


I know the house I bought last summer would not have been loved on those shows. It will be after we get done with it though. Boom, renovations!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you currently watching on TV?
PostPosted: Mon February 18, 2013 5:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 8:12 pm
Posts: 2210
Location: Lynchburg, VA
Monkey_Driven wrote:
I know the house I bought last summer would not have been loved on those shows. It will be after we get done with it though. Boom, renovations!

That's the beauty of imagination - you can turn any shitty house (not saying your place is shitty by any means) into a really nice place if you put in a little work. Good on you! The people on those shows always want something that's turn key and spend a lot more than their budget really allows. Hope they are happy being house poor!

_________________
I hate to say I love you,
But oh goddamn I love you,
You know I do.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you currently watching on TV?
PostPosted: Mon February 18, 2013 9:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 12259
Location: Mizzou
Chloe wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
I know the house I bought last summer would not have been loved on those shows. It will be after we get done with it though. Boom, renovations!

That's the beauty of imagination - you can turn any shitty house (not saying your place is shitty by any means) into a really nice place if you put in a little work. Good on you! The people on those shows always want something that's turn key and spend a lot more than their budget really allows. Hope they are happy being house poor!


You can say it. Our place was pretty shitty. Some floor wax, new paint, and new hardware can do wonders though. The yard and windows are this year's project.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you currently watching on TV?
PostPosted: Mon February 18, 2013 9:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 8:12 pm
Posts: 2210
Location: Lynchburg, VA
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Chloe wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
I know the house I bought last summer would not have been loved on those shows. It will be after we get done with it though. Boom, renovations!

That's the beauty of imagination - you can turn any shitty house (not saying your place is shitty by any means) into a really nice place if you put in a little work. Good on you! The people on those shows always want something that's turn key and spend a lot more than their budget really allows. Hope they are happy being house poor!


You can say it. Our place was pretty shitty. Some floor wax, new paint, and new hardware can do wonders though. The yard and windows are this year's project.

:D Sweet! So exciting - congrats on everything, sounds like you've had a very eventful few years. Home ownership is a pain in the ass sometimes (when things break), but so much fun because it's YOURS. Our yard is something we're really focusing on this year. Doc is obsessed with the grass and I'm planning a massive garden :)

_________________
I hate to say I love you,
But oh goddamn I love you,
You know I do.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you currently watching on TV?
PostPosted: Mon February 18, 2013 9:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 12259
Location: Mizzou
Chloe wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Chloe wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
I know the house I bought last summer would not have been loved on those shows. It will be after we get done with it though. Boom, renovations!

That's the beauty of imagination - you can turn any shitty house (not saying your place is shitty by any means) into a really nice place if you put in a little work. Good on you! The people on those shows always want something that's turn key and spend a lot more than their budget really allows. Hope they are happy being house poor!


You can say it. Our place was pretty shitty. Some floor wax, new paint, and new hardware can do wonders though. The yard and windows are this year's project.

:D Sweet! So exciting - congrats on everything, sounds like you've had a very eventful few years. Home ownership is a pain in the ass sometimes (when things break), but so much fun because it's YOURS. Our yard is something we're really focusing on this year. Doc is obsessed with the grass and I'm planning a massive garden :)


That's great. We totally have to start over with ours. The previous owners never trimmed any weeds/bushes/etc., nor did they water their grass. It's overrun by weeds and dirt. Going to dig it all out and start over. It will give us something to do though. I really enjoy having something tangible at the end of a long weekend to show off your hard work. You don't really get that sitting at a computer all day.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you currently watching on TV?
PostPosted: Mon February 18, 2013 9:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 8:12 pm
Posts: 2210
Location: Lynchburg, VA
Monkey_Driven wrote:
That's great. We totally have to start over with ours. The previous owners never trimmed any weeds/bushes/etc., nor did they water their grass. It's overrun by weeds and dirt. Going to dig it all out and start over. It will give us something to do though. I really enjoy having something tangible at the end of a long weekend to show off your hard work. You don't really get that sitting at a computer all day.

WORD! Being stuck inside, working, when it's nice out is total torture. Weekends in the yard are pretty great.
Sounds like you guys got a good little starter house - was it a foreclosure? I have a few friends who bought foreclosures over the past few years and their yards were in total shambles, same for the inside, but like you said, nothing a little paint and fixture/hardware replacement won't fix.

_________________
I hate to say I love you,
But oh goddamn I love you,
You know I do.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you currently watching on TV?
PostPosted: Mon February 18, 2013 9:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 12259
Location: Mizzou
Chloe wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
That's great. We totally have to start over with ours. The previous owners never trimmed any weeds/bushes/etc., nor did they water their grass. It's overrun by weeds and dirt. Going to dig it all out and start over. It will give us something to do though. I really enjoy having something tangible at the end of a long weekend to show off your hard work. You don't really get that sitting at a computer all day.

WORD! Being stuck inside, working, when it's nice out is total torture. Weekends in the yard are pretty great.
Sounds like you guys got a good little starter house - was it a foreclosure? I have a few friends who bought foreclosures over the past few years and their yards were in total shambles, same for the inside, but like you said, nothing a little paint and fixture/hardware replacement won't fix.


Not a foreclosure. It's actually too big for our needs right now. It was just the right location (5 minutes from work) and the right price. The price was directly related to its condition. A little elbow grease and the resale value will go way up. At least, that's the hope. We bought it when the market was way down which was nice.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you currently watching on TV?
PostPosted: Thu February 21, 2013 1:19 am 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:08 pm
Posts: 4383
Location: 5th floor, Bay 8, position 5851
The segment on last night's Daily Show with the Russian dashboard cam videos was one of the funniest bits I had seen in a long time.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you currently watching on TV?
PostPosted: Thu February 21, 2013 1:38 am 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue December 18, 2012 8:33 pm
Posts: 10580
gold rush - the dirt


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you currently watching on TV?
PostPosted: Thu February 21, 2013 3:50 am 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Fri January 04, 2013 11:12 pm
Posts: 1111
Biff Pocoroba wrote:
The segment on last night's Daily Show with the Russian dashboard cam videos was one of the funniest bits I had seen in a long time.

yeah that was awesome


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you currently watching on TV?
PostPosted: Thu February 21, 2013 3:50 am 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 8:12 pm
Posts: 2210
Location: Lynchburg, VA
BIG BANG THEORY

_________________
I hate to say I love you,
But oh goddamn I love you,
You know I do.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3525 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 177  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Thu April 19, 2018 11:55 am