Switch to full style
Books, movies, television...
Post a reply

Re: What are you currently watching on TV?

Fri October 12, 2018 3:14 pm

durdencommatyler wrote:The Riverdale S3 premiere is EVERYTHING. I fucking adore this show. And this season looks like it's gonna be absolutely bananas and thank god!

id like to give this a whirl, sounds so odd

in other TV news, Forever (Maya Rudolph, Fred Armisen, Catherine Keener) is a good, small show

Fri October 12, 2018 3:22 pm

tragabigzanda wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:The Riverdale S3 premiere is EVERYTHING. I fucking adore this show. And this season looks like it's gonna be absolutely bananas and thank god!

in other TV news, Forever (Maya Rudolph, Fred Armisen, Catherine Keener) is a good, small show

Riverdale is not for everyone. But if you enjoy pure, oozing, camp and utter absurdity (my favorite line from this past episode, delivered by a 100% earnest and panting meathead with his shirt inexplicably wide open: "Jug! It's the Ghoulies... they've got hot dog."... *que cliffhanger music* as we cut to commercial) dressed up in over-the-top noir and stunning, almost Lynchian lighting designs, then you'll dig it.

The references to Archie comics (the way they mix up the lore/characters) and the ballsy and hilarious homages to other pop culture properties borders on genius. Is it a horror show? Is it a detective show? Is it funny? Is it dead serious? Is it a soap opera? Is it a comic book adaptation? Is it teen pulp? Is it a David Lynch show? Is it Gilmore Girls?

Yes. Yes it is. And it all drips with texture and mood and I fucking love it.

Fri October 12, 2018 5:45 pm

durdencommatyler wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:

Riverdale is not for everyone. But if you enjoy pure, oozing, camp and utter absurdity (my favorite line from this past episode, delivered by a 100% earnest and panting meathead with his shirt inexplicably wide open: "Jug! It's the Ghoulies... they've got hot dog."... *que cliffhanger music* as we cut to commercial) dressed up in over-the-top noir and stunning, almost Lynchian lighting designs, then you'll dig it.

The references to Archie comics (the way they mix up the lore/characters) and the ballsy and hilarious homages to other pop culture properties borders on genius. Is it a horror show? Is it a detective show? Is it funny? Is it dead serious? Is it a soap opera? Is it a comic book adaptation? Is it teen pulp? Is it a David Lynch show? Is it Gilmore Girls?

Yes. Yes it is. And it all drips with texture and mood and I fucking love it.

This is the oldest Weaseling’s favorite show. She downloaded the CW app so she could keep up with new episodes.

Fri October 12, 2018 5:53 pm

lol joey watches a kids show

Fri October 12, 2018 5:54 pm

E.H. Ruddock wrote:lol joey watches a kids show

You mean those Star Wars cartoons that you also watch?

Fri October 12, 2018 5:57 pm

Fri October 12, 2018 6:01 pm

theplatypus wrote:

oh, snap

Fri October 12, 2018 6:14 pm

theplatypus wrote:

:o

Sat October 13, 2018 12:29 am

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
theplatypus wrote:

:o

Ha ha!

Sat October 13, 2018 2:36 am

The original Mr. Bean series is still some of the most ingenious comedy ever created

Sat October 13, 2018 2:38 am

I am watching Mr Bean

doxxed:

Spoiler: show

Sat October 13, 2018 2:11 pm

LoathedVermin72 wrote:The original Mr. Bean series is still some of the most ingenious comedy ever created

word

Sat October 13, 2018 2:13 pm

So, the first episode of The Romanoffs was interesting. I'm still mulling it over. I saw a NYT headline that said the show is "Elegant but Frustrating." I would agree with this, though I haven't actually read the article. Just the headline. But I'm excited to keep exploring it.

Sat October 13, 2018 2:26 pm

If you guys like mr bean have any of you ever watched Blackadder?

Probably the best comedy and writing to come out of Britain maybe ever.

Sat October 13, 2018 2:31 pm

dimejinky99 wrote:If you guys like mr bean have any of you ever watched Blackadder?

Probably the best comedy and writing to come out of Britain maybe ever.

I haven't watched it yet. It's been on my list for years.

Sat October 13, 2018 2:37 pm

YOUll love it. Same crew each season and they jump through periods in British history season to season.
Atkinson is at his best in this series. He’s an unforgivable cunt but amazing. And Baldrick is all you need in comedy.
Written and played perfectly by Tony Robinson.

Just brilliant tv

Sat October 13, 2018 2:44 pm

I have friends who swear by it. They've watched the entire series dozens of times. I need to get on it.

Sat October 13, 2018 2:58 pm

You’ll hate yourself for not getting In sooner but you’ll be so glad you did

Sat October 13, 2018 3:41 pm

what if i already hate myself?

Sat October 13, 2018 3:42 pm

tragabigzanda wrote:what if i already hate myself?

Then you're a Matthew Weiner character.
Post a reply