Switch to full style
Books, movies, television...
Post a reply

Re: What are you currently watching on TV?

Fri September 22, 2017 2:28 pm

I'm trying to watch Ken Burns's The Vietnam War but, man, it is annoyingly made. I've tried watching The National Parks before and had similar problems. Burns is an irritatingly imprecise and cumbersome documentarian.

Fri September 22, 2017 2:45 pm

Bi_3 wrote:Watched the first few of "The Good Place", actually pretty funny most of the time.

It gets better as it goes along too!

Sat September 23, 2017 5:02 am

VinylGuy wrote:Vice Principals new episode was fucking amazing.

I need to get on this.

Also, I need this Ames Bros shirt:

Sat September 23, 2017 5:15 am

You really don't

Sat September 23, 2017 2:07 pm

You're probably right. It looks like it'd be fun to wear, but then I remember I mostly wear plain t shirts lately.

Sat September 23, 2017 7:26 pm

Community has gotten so bananas and fun. I now officially love it.

Watched the first two episodes of Atlanta. Goddamn. BIG fan.

Tue September 26, 2017 1:32 am

Mondays are my favorite day....first a new episode of Rick And Morty and then Vice Principals.

Both shows are fucking crazy dark and funny.

Thu September 28, 2017 3:27 pm

I always thought Will & Grace was overrated but I'm sure I will watch the first few episodes at least anyway.

Fri September 29, 2017 8:13 pm

Alright, I finished The Handmaid's Tale audiobook, is the Hulu show good? I heard the movie was kind of terrible.

Fri September 29, 2017 8:19 pm

bune wrote:Alright, I finished The Handmaid's Tale audiobook, is the Hulu show good? I heard the movie was kind of terrible.

Haven't seen it, but my sister loves it and she typically has good taste. Also it just cleaned up at the Emmys.

Fri September 29, 2017 8:43 pm

tragabigzanda wrote:
bune wrote:Alright, I finished The Handmaid's Tale audiobook, is the Hulu show good? I heard the movie was kind of terrible.

Haven't seen it, but my sister loves it and she typically has good taste. Also it just cleaned up at the Emmys.

I'm thinking of subscribing to Hulu for a free trial or month just to watch it. I like Elizabeth Moss.

Fri September 29, 2017 9:11 pm

Hulu is an atrocious service. The streaming quality is junk, even when it's running at full 1080p. I hate it, but I can't get rid of it because it's the only way my wife can watch Peep Show.

Fri September 29, 2017 9:15 pm

LoathedVermin72 wrote:Hulu is an atrocious service. The streaming quality is junk, even when it's running at full 1080p. I hate it, but I can't get rid of it because it's the only way my wife can watch Peep Show.

I would cancel afterwards of course. I already have Vue for streaming live TV and DVR.

Fri September 29, 2017 9:23 pm

i think i'm gonna drop hulu next week.

Fri September 29, 2017 9:40 pm

LoathedVermin72 wrote:Hulu is an atrocious service. The streaming quality is junk, even when it's running at full 1080p. I hate it, but I can't get rid of it because it's the only way my wife can watch Peep Show.

Peep show is one of my all time favorite shows.

Fri September 29, 2017 9:51 pm

interesting, we have no problems whatsover..the live stuff is great so far

Fri September 29, 2017 11:11 pm

doug rr wrote:

The quality on Netflix, Amazon Video, and Vudu is sooooooooo much better. Hulu has terrible compression.

Fri September 29, 2017 11:29 pm

LoathedVermin72 wrote:
doug rr wrote:

The quality on Netflix, Amazon Video, and Vudu is sooooooooo much better. Hulu has terrible compression.

It depends on the platform for us. Using the Firestick or the iPad/iPhone, we have no pro with Hulu at all. Watching it the the app on our smart tv, we have the problems LV describes.

Wed October 04, 2017 3:59 am

The Hulu series is outstanding. One of the absolute single greatest seasons of tv to date. I'm a massive Atwood fan, huge fan of the book, and I was blown away by the series. It's great. Literally great.

Wed October 04, 2017 4:00 am

wease wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
doug rr wrote:

It depends on the platform for us. Using the Firestick or the iPad/iPhone, we have no pro with Hulu at all. Watching it the the app on our smart tv, we have the problems LV describes.

Huh...

Yeah, I've not experience any issues with Hulu.
Post a reply