The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9755 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 427, 428, 429, 430, 431, 432, 433 ... 488  Next
 Post subject: Re: What are you currently watching on TV?
PostPosted: Wed August 24, 2022 1:38 pm 
10Club Complaint Department

VinylGuy wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
started Halt And Catch Fire

emmm not sure.

anyone here saw this show? saw three eps and its just not getting there....Does it improve?

I've literally never heard of this show before.

Maybe I'll give it a shot soon.

PostPosted: Wed August 24, 2022 2:09 pm 
Rank This Poster

VinylGuy wrote:
cool cool ill keep watching it

yeah so far its just not good

I remember really hating Lee Pace in it at first, and then he became one of my favourite parts of the show.

PostPosted: Wed August 24, 2022 2:19 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

yeah, he is unbearable so far

The girl too.

PostPosted: Fri August 26, 2022 2:21 am 
AnalLog

Welcome to Wrexham is good stuff.

PostPosted: Thu September 01, 2022 1:02 am 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

I just watched the first two episodes of the FX/Hulu show The Patient, featuring Steve Carell and Domnhall Gleason. It's from the creators of The Americans. It was good, I liked them. Only two eps out so far, and we must wait for the others.

I wish they had all just dropped at once. The week is an artificial, astrological construct. Unlike the year, the month, and the day, the week has no basis in astronomy. It does not even have a biological basis, like the way our mathematics is built around the number ten, for our ten fingers. Some Babylonian wanted to honor seven gods and now my television diet must suffer? Why do I have to get episodes dripped out to me based on this nonsense?

Abolish the week!

PostPosted: Thu September 01, 2022 1:11 am 
Production Police

Great post, Argo. I mean that.

PostPosted: Thu September 01, 2022 1:15 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

The Argonaut wrote:
I just watched the first two episodes of the FX/Hulu show The Patient, featuring Steve Carell and Domnhall Gleason. It's from the creators of The Americans. It was good, I liked them. Only two eps out so far, and we must wait for the others.

I wish they had all just dropped at once. The week is an artificial, astrological construct. Unlike the year, the month, and the day, the week has no basis in astronomy. It does not even have a biological basis, like the way our mathematics is built around the number ten, for our ten fingers. Some Babylonian wanted to honor seven gods and now my television diet must suffer? Why do I have to get episodes dripped out to me based on this nonsense?

Abolish the week!

lets open a box of baseball cards and tell stories..

PostPosted: Thu September 01, 2022 1:18 am 

scrub12 wrote:
Welcome to Wrexham is good stuff.

PostPosted: Thu September 01, 2022 1:19 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

watching ladies tennis

PostPosted: Thu September 01, 2022 1:22 am 

doug rr wrote:
The Argonaut wrote:

Abolish the week!

reminds me i still have an unopened pack i got from a taco shack in Hawaii last year.

PostPosted: Thu September 01, 2022 1:23 am 

doug rr wrote:
watching ladies tennis

Who's playing?

PostPosted: Thu September 01, 2022 1:24 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

dad wrote:
doug rr wrote:
The Argonaut wrote:

Abolish the week!

reminds me i still have an unopened pack i got from a taco shack in Hawaii last year.

open it and tell us what you got

PostPosted: Thu September 01, 2022 1:25 am 

doug rr wrote:
The Argonaut wrote:

Abolish the week!

Because you're interested in what I have to say or because you're worried about me and want to help?

PostPosted: Thu September 01, 2022 1:25 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Ello Sailor wrote:
doug rr wrote:
watching ladies tennis

Who's playing?

serena and #2 kontaveit...

PostPosted: Thu September 01, 2022 1:27 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

The Argonaut wrote:
doug rr wrote:
The Argonaut wrote:

Abolish the week!

Because you're interested in what I have to say or because you're worried about me and want to help?

i just want to open a box of cards..maybe talk about thomas hardy..

PostPosted: Thu September 01, 2022 1:31 am 

doug rr wrote:
dad wrote:
doug rr wrote:
The Argonaut wrote:

Abolish the week!

open it and tell us what you got

i'm going to post a special one in the country living thread.

PostPosted: Thu September 01, 2022 1:40 am 

The Argonaut wrote:
Some Babylonian wanted to honor seven gods and now my television diet must suffer?

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu September 01, 2022 2:59 pm 
Future Drummer

seems like the bear is ted lasso with slightly different facial hair and patois and tattoos.

not liking it

PostPosted: Thu September 01, 2022 3:02 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Malloy wrote:
seems like the bear is ted lasso with slightly different facial hair and patois and tattoos.

not liking it

I don't think they're the same at all. Ted Lasso is a dressed-up 90s sitcom, The Bear might share some emotional notes here and there but is much more invested in understanding what it means to create something. I found it to be both profoundly engaging and affecting.

PostPosted: Thu September 01, 2022 3:03 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

The Argonaut wrote:

Abolish the week!

Yeah I agree with all of this. First two episodes were good, I think Gleason is underrated as an actor.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9755 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 427, 428, 429, 430, 431, 432, 433 ... 488  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment