The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9706 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 486  Next
 Post subject: Re: What are you currently watching on TV?
PostPosted: Sun February 17, 2013 5:46 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

WtOB? wrote:
Extended versions?

The DVDs have extended versions of just about every episode. The Blu Ray has the shows as they originally aired. So a lot of the jokes and bits and moments that I'm used to, that I really associate with given episodes, are gone.

I watch the show more on DVD than I do on TV.

PostPosted: Sun February 17, 2013 10:39 pm 
Rank This Poster
 WWW  Profile

durdencommatyler wrote:
WtOB? wrote:
Extended versions?

The DVDs have extended versions of just about every episode. The Blu Ray has the shows as they originally aired. So a lot of the jokes and bits and moments that I'm used to, that I really associate with given episodes, are gone.

I watch the show more on DVD than I do on TV.

I was not aware of that. That kinda sucks.

PostPosted: Mon February 18, 2013 1:40 am 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

Home Improvement is pretty good.

Now I'm watching the All Star game intros. This is fucking depressing.

PostPosted: Mon February 18, 2013 1:49 am 
Mind Your Tanners

Chopped

PostPosted: Mon February 18, 2013 2:26 am 
AnalLog

House Hunters or something along those lines. These people piss me off. $5,000/month for rent and all they do is complain about the size of the place. 6 bedrooms isn't enough room, you fuggin kidding me?

PostPosted: Mon February 18, 2013 2:49 am 
Mind Your Tanners

Worst cooks in America

PostPosted: Mon February 18, 2013 4:07 pm 
The Master

Chloe wrote:
House Hunters or something along those lines. These people piss me off. $5,000/month for rent and all they do is complain about the size of the place. 6 bedrooms isn't enough room, you fuggin kidding me?

I love when they criticize a huge master bathroom for not having enough space. How much space do you need in a bathroom? Most of the time you're sitting on the crapper, in the shower, or standing right by the sink.

PostPosted: Mon February 18, 2013 4:11 pm 
Future Drummer

Monkey_Driven wrote:
Chloe wrote:

I love when they criticize a huge master bathroom for not having enough space. How much space do you need in a bathroom? Most of the time you're sitting on the crapper, in the shower, or standing right by the sink.

I saw one episode of "Love It or List It" where the couple became visibly ill when they learned their heated bathroom floor would be electric and not radiant from hot water. The wife just about lost it at the remodel lady. Sometimes HGTV goes so far beyond the "first world problems" meme, it's amazing.

PostPosted: Mon February 18, 2013 4:24 pm 
AnalLog

broken iris wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Chloe wrote:

I saw one episode of "Love It or List It" where the couple became visibly ill when they learned their heated bathroom floor would be electric and not radiant from hot water. The wife just about lost it at the remodel lady. Sometimes HGTV goes so far beyond the "first world problems" meme, it's amazing.

It's just crazy to see how people spend their money. I can maybe see a radiant heated floor, especially in a colder climate, it's really not that costly, but who gives a shit how it's heated - it's warm, right?

PostPosted: Mon February 18, 2013 5:00 pm 
The Master

Chloe wrote:
broken iris wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Chloe wrote:

It's just crazy to see how people spend their money. I can maybe see a radiant heated floor, especially in a colder climate, it's really not that costly, but who gives a shit how it's heated - it's warm, right?

I know the house I bought last summer would not have been loved on those shows. It will be after we get done with it though. Boom, renovations!

PostPosted: Mon February 18, 2013 5:03 pm 
AnalLog

Monkey_Driven wrote:
I know the house I bought last summer would not have been loved on those shows. It will be after we get done with it though. Boom, renovations!

That's the beauty of imagination - you can turn any shitty house (not saying your place is shitty by any means) into a really nice place if you put in a little work. Good on you! The people on those shows always want something that's turn key and spend a lot more than their budget really allows. Hope they are happy being house poor!

PostPosted: Mon February 18, 2013 9:23 pm 
The Master

Chloe wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:

That's the beauty of imagination - you can turn any shitty house (not saying your place is shitty by any means) into a really nice place if you put in a little work. Good on you! The people on those shows always want something that's turn key and spend a lot more than their budget really allows. Hope they are happy being house poor!

You can say it. Our place was pretty shitty. Some floor wax, new paint, and new hardware can do wonders though. The yard and windows are this year's project.

PostPosted: Mon February 18, 2013 9:27 pm 
AnalLog

Monkey_Driven wrote:
Chloe wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:

You can say it. Our place was pretty shitty. Some floor wax, new paint, and new hardware can do wonders though. The yard and windows are this year's project.

:D Sweet! So exciting - congrats on everything, sounds like you've had a very eventful few years. Home ownership is a pain in the ass sometimes (when things break), but so much fun because it's YOURS. Our yard is something we're really focusing on this year. Doc is obsessed with the grass and I'm planning a massive garden :)

PostPosted: Mon February 18, 2013 9:46 pm 
The Master

Chloe wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Chloe wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:

:D Sweet! So exciting - congrats on everything, sounds like you've had a very eventful few years. Home ownership is a pain in the ass sometimes (when things break), but so much fun because it's YOURS. Our yard is something we're really focusing on this year. Doc is obsessed with the grass and I'm planning a massive garden :)

That's great. We totally have to start over with ours. The previous owners never trimmed any weeds/bushes/etc., nor did they water their grass. It's overrun by weeds and dirt. Going to dig it all out and start over. It will give us something to do though. I really enjoy having something tangible at the end of a long weekend to show off your hard work. You don't really get that sitting at a computer all day.

PostPosted: Mon February 18, 2013 9:50 pm 
AnalLog

Monkey_Driven wrote:
That's great. We totally have to start over with ours. The previous owners never trimmed any weeds/bushes/etc., nor did they water their grass. It's overrun by weeds and dirt. Going to dig it all out and start over. It will give us something to do though. I really enjoy having something tangible at the end of a long weekend to show off your hard work. You don't really get that sitting at a computer all day.

WORD! Being stuck inside, working, when it's nice out is total torture. Weekends in the yard are pretty great.
Sounds like you guys got a good little starter house - was it a foreclosure? I have a few friends who bought foreclosures over the past few years and their yards were in total shambles, same for the inside, but like you said, nothing a little paint and fixture/hardware replacement won't fix.

PostPosted: Mon February 18, 2013 9:55 pm 
The Master

Chloe wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:

WORD! Being stuck inside, working, when it's nice out is total torture. Weekends in the yard are pretty great.
Sounds like you guys got a good little starter house - was it a foreclosure? I have a few friends who bought foreclosures over the past few years and their yards were in total shambles, same for the inside, but like you said, nothing a little paint and fixture/hardware replacement won't fix.

Not a foreclosure. It's actually too big for our needs right now. It was just the right location (5 minutes from work) and the right price. The price was directly related to its condition. A little elbow grease and the resale value will go way up. At least, that's the hope. We bought it when the market was way down which was nice.

PostPosted: Thu February 21, 2013 1:19 am 
TIER 1 Essential Critical Infrastructure Worker

The segment on last night's Daily Show with the Russian dashboard cam videos was one of the funniest bits I had seen in a long time.

PostPosted: Thu February 21, 2013 1:38 am 
Mind Your Tanners

gold rush - the dirt

PostPosted: Thu February 21, 2013 3:50 am 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

Biff Pocoroba wrote:
The segment on last night's Daily Show with the Russian dashboard cam videos was one of the funniest bits I had seen in a long time.

yeah that was awesome

PostPosted: Thu February 21, 2013 3:50 am 
AnalLog

BIG BANG THEORY

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9706 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 486  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment