The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3231 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160 ... 162  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: What are you currently watching on TV?
PostPosted: Sun September 10, 2017 9:57 pm 
Online
User avatar
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 28893
Location: Anywhere mediocrity is celebrated.
theplatypus wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
They're really phoning in this last season of Portlandia. I think I chuckled a couple of times.

Maybe they've maintained the same level of quality and it is you who has changed.

literally impossible.

_________________
dev wrote:
Love pans out.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you currently watching on TV?
PostPosted: Sun September 10, 2017 10:02 pm 
Online
User avatar
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 28893
Location: Anywhere mediocrity is celebrated.
The hunks vs. nerds bit was kinda funny. Reminded me of dev.

_________________
dev wrote:
Love pans out.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you currently watching on TV?
PostPosted: Mon September 11, 2017 4:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:03 pm
Posts: 3077
Location: Washington State
theplatypus wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
They're really phoning in this last season of Portlandia. I think I chuckled a couple of times.

Maybe they've maintained the same level of quality and it is you who has changed.

Image

_________________
"If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family Anatidae on our hands.”


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you currently watching on TV?
PostPosted: Mon September 11, 2017 7:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 55153
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
The Argonaut wrote:
It was great. Really great cast, well acted, looked good, I was into it.

Yeah, it was amazing. I'm kind of blown away that people weren't/aren't talking more about it. Honestly, I think it's as strong as the first season of True Detective and I liked it more. That was phenomenal television. That cast! Just... wow.

Spoiler: show
I absolutely hated that final shot, though. That was completely stupid and unnecessary. It should have ended with the ladies looking out at the water. Not that the final shot ruined anything for me. But it was pretty dumb.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you currently watching on TV?
PostPosted: Mon September 11, 2017 7:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 9953
Location: Mizzou
durdencommatyler wrote:
The Argonaut wrote:
It was great. Really great cast, well acted, looked good, I was into it.

Yeah, it was amazing. I'm kind of blown away that people weren't/aren't talking more about it. Honestly, I think it's as strong as the first season of True Detective and I liked it more. That was phenomenal television. That cast! Just... wow.

Spoiler: show
I absolutely hated that final shot, though. That was completely stupid and unnecessary. It should have ended with the ladies looking out at the water. Not that the final shot ruined anything for me. But it was pretty dumb.


I loved how each woman had several scenes in which they absolutely shined.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you currently watching on TV?
PostPosted: Mon September 11, 2017 8:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 55153
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
Monkey_Driven wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
The Argonaut wrote:
It was great. Really great cast, well acted, looked good, I was into it.

Yeah, it was amazing. I'm kind of blown away that people weren't/aren't talking more about it. Honestly, I think it's as strong as the first season of True Detective and I liked it more. That was phenomenal television. That cast! Just... wow.

Spoiler: show
I absolutely hated that final shot, though. That was completely stupid and unnecessary. It should have ended with the ladies looking out at the water. Not that the final shot ruined anything for me. But it was pretty dumb.


I loved how each woman had several scenes in which they absolutely shined.

Totally. A true ensemble piece. And there isn't a weak link among those ladies.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you currently watching on TV?
PostPosted: Mon September 11, 2017 8:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 9953
Location: Mizzou
durdencommatyler wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
The Argonaut wrote:
It was great. Really great cast, well acted, looked good, I was into it.

Yeah, it was amazing. I'm kind of blown away that people weren't/aren't talking more about it. Honestly, I think it's as strong as the first season of True Detective and I liked it more. That was phenomenal television. That cast! Just... wow.

Spoiler: show
I absolutely hated that final shot, though. That was completely stupid and unnecessary. It should have ended with the ladies looking out at the water. Not that the final shot ruined anything for me. But it was pretty dumb.


I loved how each woman had several scenes in which they absolutely shined.

Totally. A true ensemble piece. And there isn't a weak link among those ladies.


You're making me want to watch it again.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you currently watching on TV?
PostPosted: Mon September 11, 2017 9:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 1:53 pm
Posts: 11287
Location: in the wind
re:durden's spoiler---yeah, dumb as hell---but ultimately meaningless and dis-regardable

_________________
Citizens for Boysenberry Jam


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you currently watching on TV?
PostPosted: Tue September 12, 2017 8:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 55153
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
Community is a weird show. I'm about half way through the second season. Obviously Abed and Troy are stand-outs. But it's really uneven. When it hits though? Boy oh boy! It's at it's best when it just embraces crazy and goes full bananas. Overall, I'm enjoying it. I just wish it was a bit more consistent. Also, I wish I didn't fucking hate Jeff Winger so goddamn much.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you currently watching on TV?
PostPosted: Thu September 14, 2017 2:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 9953
Location: Mizzou
The wife and I have been watching Last Chance U on Netflix. :thumbsup:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you currently watching on TV?
PostPosted: Thu September 14, 2017 2:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Broken Tamborine
 Profile

Joined: Sat July 16, 2016 2:04 pm
Posts: 482
Finished Ozark last night. I really liked it. It's certainly very similar to breaking bad, but I think it definitely has its own style. Plus I love Jason Bateman.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you currently watching on TV?
PostPosted: Thu September 14, 2017 3:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 38048
i just watched the first two episodes of game of thrones season 3

_________________
Dev wrote:
just cuz im clinically depressed doesn't mean im not a total gangster.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you currently watching on TV?
PostPosted: Thu September 14, 2017 3:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 9953
Location: Mizzou
MissYouAllDay wrote:
Finished Ozark last night. I really liked it. It's certainly very similar to breaking bad, but I think it definitely has its own style. Plus I love Jason Bateman.


It disappoints me that the majority of the series was filmed in Georgia, not in the Ozarks.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you currently watching on TV?
PostPosted: Thu September 14, 2017 8:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 55153
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
Monkey_Driven wrote:
MissYouAllDay wrote:
Finished Ozark last night. I really liked it. It's certainly very similar to breaking bad, but I think it definitely has its own style. Plus I love Jason Bateman.


It disappoints me that the majority of the series was filmed in Georgia, not in the Ozarks.

:|


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you currently watching on TV?
PostPosted: Sun September 17, 2017 3:11 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 31316
Location: this field intentionally left blank
Toast of London. Matt Berry is one of the most underrated comic talents alive.

_________________
Kevin Davis wrote:
Bullshit, I am delightful.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you currently watching on TV?
PostPosted: Sun September 17, 2017 3:14 am 
Online
User avatar
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 28893
Location: Anywhere mediocrity is celebrated.
I love that guy.

_________________
dev wrote:
Love pans out.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you currently watching on TV?
PostPosted: Sun September 17, 2017 3:36 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 31316
Location: this field intentionally left blank
This show is really something.

"I've been fucking his wife on a regular basis. He's never gotten used to the idea."

_________________
Kevin Davis wrote:
Bullshit, I am delightful.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you currently watching on TV?
PostPosted: Sun September 17, 2017 9:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar
"You kids quit having fun with the word filter!"
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:35 pm
Posts: 27215
Location: don't PM me I don't have anything
One Mississippi is a weird show. I watched the episode that was totally not about Louis CK's alleged sexual harassment. Tig Notaro is great but the person playing her father was hard to watch and the whole thing just had a really weird tone overall.

_________________
tragabigzanda wrote:
Stop it, this is pissing me off.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you currently watching on TV?
PostPosted: Tue September 19, 2017 2:19 am 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
Posts: 11976
Vice Principals new episode was fucking amazing.

_________________
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you currently watching on TV?
PostPosted: Fri September 22, 2017 9:53 am 
Offline
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Wed April 20, 2016 7:11 pm
Posts: 2479
Watched the first few of "The Good Place", actually pretty funny most of the time.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3231 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160 ... 162  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Thu November 23, 2017 10:28 pm