Switch to full style
Books, movies, television...
Post a reply

Re: How much money is enough? An Adam Sandler thread.

Wed June 01, 2016 12:18 am

Adam Sandler is about as funny as cancer.

Wed June 01, 2016 1:12 am

BurtReynolds wrote:It's horrifying that you enjoyed the movie but it appears in the bottom half of your list. Horrifying.

I mean, it was good, but it wasn't Cobbler good.

Wed June 01, 2016 1:21 am

cutuphalfdead wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:It's horrifying that you enjoyed the movie but it appears in the bottom half of your list. Horrifying.

I mean, it was good, but it wasn't Cobbler good.

Method Man was pretty good in it

Wed June 01, 2016 1:49 am

Wendy Carlos's Twin wrote:Adam Sandler is about as funny as cancer.

i see you've watched the Do Over

Mon April 17, 2017 9:11 pm

anyone seen his latest crime against humanity?

Mon April 17, 2017 9:12 pm

No, but I'm excited to watch it.

Mon April 17, 2017 9:16 pm

I saw it. It's okay.

Wed May 03, 2017 3:28 pm

The first 30 mins of Sandy Wexler is pretty terrible.

Mon May 22, 2017 3:48 am

Adam Sandler earns raves at Cannes
http://www.bostonglobe.com/lifestyle/na ... story.html

It’s been a while since Adam Sandler has been the toast of anything.

The actor-comedian, who grew up in Manchester, N.H., first broke big in the ’90s on “Saturday Night Live,” when “The Hanukhah Song” — his irreverent paean to the Jewish holiday — made him a star.

He went on to star in and produce a mindboggling slate of comedies, many of which were sophomoric at best, embarrassing at worst. Still, for years, Sandler ruled the box office, and, in films like “The Wedding Singer” and certainly Paul Thomas Anderson’s 2002 “Punch Drunk Love,” he revealed a depth and sensitivity previously obscured by fart jokes.

Now, all these years later, Sandler’s latest film — which screened at the Cannes Film Festival this weekend — has put him back in the spotlight, and for all the right reasons. Directed and written by Noah Baumbach, “The Meyerowitz Stories (New and Selected)” stars Sandler, as well as Ben Stiller, Dustin Hoffman, Emma Thompson, Rebecca Miller, and Adam Driver.

A tale of a dysfunctional family (is there any other kind, really?), the film has gotten raves. Deadline’s Pete Hammond on Sunday speculated whether Sandler might be in the running for best actor this year at Cannes. And Vanity Fair headlined its take: “Adam Sandler will make you forget he’s Adam Sandler in ‘The Meyerowitz Stories (New and Selected)’.”

Yeah, that last one’s a bit of a back-handed compliment. But for Sandler, to be on the French Riviera, the toast of one of the world’s top film festivals — in 2017 — has got to be sweet.

Mon May 22, 2017 3:51 am

Ugh. Why the fuck is he working with a garbage director like Baumbach? Yuck.

Thu July 06, 2017 3:30 am

Sandy Wexler was like a jewish, cartoony, pg-13 entourage movie

Thu July 06, 2017 3:29 pm

tragabigzanda wrote:Adam Sandler earns raves at Cannes

The actor-comedian, who grew up in Manchester, N.H., first broke big in the ’90s on “Saturday Night Live,” when “The Hanukhah Song” — his irreverent paean to the Jewish holiday — made him a star.

He went on to star in and produce a mindboggling slate of comedies, many of which were sophomoric at best, embarrassing at worst. Still, for years, Sandler ruled the box office, and, in films like “The Wedding Singer” and certainly Paul Thomas Anderson’s 2002 “Punch Drunk Love,” he revealed a depth and sensitivity previously obscured by fart jokes.

Now, all these years later, Sandler’s latest film — which screened at the Cannes Film Festival this weekend — has put him back in the spotlight, and for all the right reasons. Directed and written by Noah Baumbach, “The Meyerowitz Stories (New and Selected)” stars Sandler, as well as Ben Stiller, Dustin Hoffman, Emma Thompson, Rebecca Miller, and Adam Driver.

A tale of a dysfunctional family (is there any other kind, really?), the film has gotten raves. Deadline’s Pete Hammond on Sunday speculated whether Sandler might be in the running for best actor this year at Cannes. And Vanity Fair headlined its take: “Adam Sandler will make you forget he’s Adam Sandler in ‘The Meyerowitz Stories (New and Selected)’.”

Yeah, that last one’s a bit of a back-handed compliment. But for Sandler, to be on the French Riviera, the toast of one of the world’s top film festivals — in 2017 — has got to be sweet.

Fucking IN!

Thu July 06, 2017 6:43 pm

durdencommatyler wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:Adam Sandler earns raves at Cannes

Fucking IN!

Loved him in Punch Drunk Love and Reign Over Me. This is my kind of Sandler.

Thu October 25, 2018 4:35 am

i really like the new netflix special. if you're a fan of his, you'll enjoy this.

Sun December 01, 2019 9:04 pm

Great big profile on the Sandman:

NYT: Adam Sandler’s Everlasting Shtick
He became America’s most reliable comic star without ever leaving his comfort zone.
So what’s he doing in this year’s most anxiety-inducing film?

Thu January 02, 2020 12:58 am

Uncut Gems was a very enjoyable story. Didn’t think Sandler’s performance was as great as people made it out to be, but he was still good

Thu January 02, 2020 2:18 am

I loved the film but Sandler performance was just surreal. Best work he´s ever done.

He is a truly genius.

Thu January 02, 2020 7:14 pm

I very strongly believe that people are calling this performance amazing because of how awful his roles usually are. He was good, but not Punch Drunk Love good.

Fri April 17, 2020 3:58 pm

I can never get the Instagram posts to work, but anyway Adam Sandler posted a new song that is very 1980s sounding, called “we’re never going to shake hands again”, it’s pretty good, as far as Adam Sandler songs go

Fri April 17, 2020 4:37 pm

I recently saw Funny People again....i loved it. I think i finally got the movie, im not sure why i havent before. But he is just awesome.
Post a reply