Switch to full style
Books, movies, television...
Post a reply

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

Sun March 29, 2015 4:16 am

Just watched the first episode, thought it was pretty funny. Will continue.

Re: Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

Sun March 29, 2015 8:46 am

I stopped after the first episode. The roommate is one of the most annoying/badly acted characters that has ever appeared on my TV. The rest was pleasant enough.

Sun March 29, 2015 9:48 am

Gave it two and a half episodes. It was a struggle.

Sun March 29, 2015 12:30 pm

We started watching this as well. I somewhat enjoyed the first episode as well. The 2nd and 3rd were very good. Like most TV comedies, it is suffering from some inconsistency at the beginning, but the funny moments on this are very funny. Definitely has a very similar tone to 30 Rock. This first season was produced with being a Network show in mind, so I am curious to see how it develops from here since any future seasons will be Netflix. All in all, i am really enjoying it.

Sun March 29, 2015 3:45 pm

I watched seven episodes last night and really enjoyed it. Ellie Kemper and Carol Kane are really good in this.

Sun March 29, 2015 3:45 pm

And I mean, who among us is a perfect foot slut?

Sun March 29, 2015 4:22 pm

cutuphalfdead wrote:I watched seven episodes last night and really enjoyed it. Ellie Kemper and Carol Kane are really good in this.

Yeah, they're both fantastic. I've only watched the first 4. Really liked the first. Struggled through two and three. Really loved four, too.

Sun March 29, 2015 5:51 pm

my wife started watching this on her own at the gym, so i'll probably never watch it now.

Sun March 29, 2015 11:14 pm

this was funny enough, but there was just something missing. Ellie Kemper was great as the lead character at least. Is it just me or do Jane Krakowski and Carol Kane play the same characters all the time?

Mon March 30, 2015 12:17 am

To me there is no Tina Fey/Alec Baldwin level characters. They were a little more grounded and real, and it was fun to watch their chemistry with each other and their reactions to the more ridiculous characters on 30Rock.

This is all cartoon characters and no meat. Schmidt is just another wacky character in a sea of them.

I'm gonna pass.

Mon March 30, 2015 3:28 pm

I baled after episode 1. This was pretty bad.

Mon March 30, 2015 4:28 pm

i think ive watched 5 episodes so far and like it a lot

Mon March 30, 2015 4:38 pm

spike wrote:my wife started watching this on her own at the gym, so i'll probably never watch it now.

This happened to me too. She's watched a few episodes, and I'm too lazy to catch up so whatever.

Mon March 30, 2015 6:39 pm

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
spike wrote:my wife started watching this on her own at the gym, so i'll probably never watch it now.

This happened to me too. She's watched a few episodes, and I'm too lazy to catch up so whatever.

You should do it, it's pretty funny.

Mon March 30, 2015 6:57 pm

cutuphalfdead wrote:You should do it, it's pretty funny.

Really? Because:

ABNorman wrote:I stopped after the first episode. The roommate is one of the most annoying/badly acted characters that has ever appeared on my TV. The rest was pleasant enough.

BurtReynolds wrote:Gave it two and a half episodes. It was a struggle.

Mecca wrote:there was just something missing. Is it just me or do Jane Krakowski and Carol Kane play the same characters all the time?

BurtReynolds wrote:I'm gonna pass.

Varis wrote:I baled after episode 1. This was pretty bad.

Mon March 30, 2015 6:59 pm

Very few television comedies are perfect from the beginning. There is enough there in the first few episodes for me to keep watching. Just finished the third episode last night.

Mon March 30, 2015 7:04 pm

I still laughed a bunch, ruddo; Being critical doesn't mean I didn't enjoy it

Mon March 30, 2015 8:43 pm

I won the TV characters tournament, and thus far I give it a hearty endorsement, and that should be all you need ruddo.

Mon March 30, 2015 8:49 pm

Watched first 5 episodes w/ my wife. I love Tina Fey and loved 30 rock but this show didn't do it for me. Started out fine but I just got bored. It's 30 Rock w/o Baldwin and Tracy Morgan and Tina Fey. I'm not going to keep watching. My wife likes it though. I told her that's because it's a female centric show w/ female leads and a gay best friend and that ended up in a fight.

Mon March 30, 2015 9:03 pm

Happy 400th post, Matty
Post a reply