Switch to full style
Books, movies, television...
Post a reply

Re: Cord Cutters Unit

Fri February 28, 2020 8:46 pm

If YouTubeTV dropped NESN I would lose it.

Fri February 28, 2020 8:56 pm

It's only a matter of time before these streaming only platforms have to significantly increase their prices or lose more channels like this.

Fri February 28, 2020 9:03 pm

I hate to say it out loud, but regional sports networks seem like they'd be the next outlet to jump into streaming independently. Like, you can get us if you have cable or pay us $10 a month directly, no other middlemen. NESN already has an app, it would be super easy to implement, I imagine.

Fri February 28, 2020 9:16 pm

Simple Torture wrote:I hate to say it out loud, but regional sports networks seem like they'd be the next outlet to jump into streaming independently. Like, you can get us if you have cable or pay us $10 a month directly, no other middlemen. NESN already has an app, it would be super easy to implement, I imagine.

This will definitely happen.

Fri February 28, 2020 9:17 pm

ST's going to lose it

Fri February 28, 2020 9:24 pm

Monkey_Driven wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:I hate to say it out loud, but regional sports networks seem like they'd be the next outlet to jump into streaming independently. Like, you can get us if you have cable or pay us $10 a month directly, no other middlemen. NESN already has an app, it would be super easy to implement, I imagine.

But the games are tied into the individual sport packages (i.e. NESN is part of MLB Extra Innings). I'm guessing that agreement prevents independent availability.

Fri February 28, 2020 9:35 pm

you know how pissed people will be to be paying for an app access and have it blacked out though?

Fri February 28, 2020 9:44 pm

CopperTom wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:

But the games are tied into the individual sport packages (i.e. NESN is part of MLB Extra Innings). I'm guessing that agreement prevents independent availability.

They'll figure something out if they lose enough cable subscribers.

Fri February 28, 2020 10:43 pm

Monkey_Driven wrote:
CopperTom wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:

They'll figure something out if they lose enough cable subscribers.

If I could someday subscribe to Fox Sports South, I would definately cut the cord. I view that as doubtful.

Sun March 01, 2020 8:24 am

Strat wrote:Hey guys.

So, my parents got rid of Direct Tv due to cost. They ended up utilizing YouTube Tv and really loved it. One of the main things was that they were bale to watch Fox Sports North and all the hockey games (Go wild!). However, YouTube TV is dropping FSN and im thinking they'll know want to switch services.

HulU tv apparently has this channel. I've never seen or used Hulu TV but is it pretty much the same concept? Will they get all of their local news channels etc?

Strat, temporary extension in place while they work on an agreement ... sorry, dunno how to embed a tweet via phone

https://twitter.com/teamyoutube/status/1233578974443339776?s=21

Sun March 01, 2020 8:27 am

Also, Hulu and YouTubeTV are essentially the same, except for a handful of different channels that each service provides. Here’s a comparison chart that seems up to date:

https://clark.com/technology/tvsatellite-cable/streaming-tv-comparison-best-channel-lineup/

Mon March 02, 2020 11:38 pm

Hulu adding the FX catalog for free starting a today. A few specific shows are not included.

Mon March 02, 2020 11:47 pm

FX has some great shows. That's good news

Wed March 04, 2020 7:12 am

FX stands for “affects” because their shows affect you so much.

Wed March 04, 2020 12:11 pm

Bodysnatcher, ladies and gentlemen. Making a bold early play for 2020 POTY.

Thu March 05, 2020 12:59 pm

Not a plug but, Disney+ is great. The kids love the selection, the streaming quality is amazing, and the app is simple to use and rock solid.

Tue June 30, 2020 8:43 pm

YouTube TV was fun while it lasted:

Tue June 30, 2020 9:16 pm

Simple Torture wrote:YouTube TV was fun while it lasted:

Did you think the current price would last forever? A $15 bump isn't too bad.

Tue June 30, 2020 9:20 pm

Monkey_Driven wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:YouTube TV was fun while it lasted:

Did you think the current price would last forever? A $15 bump isn't too bad.

I agree that I was being a little dramatic. But they keep adding and adding channels; the draw of YTTV when I started was that it was pretty bare-bones. There are just so few options that involve our regional sports network that I can imagine the price of this plus internet being close to my former cable package in another year's time.

Tue June 30, 2020 9:38 pm

Yeah it sucks. When I signed up it was 35/month.
Post a reply