The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 184 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: TV: Lost
PostPosted: Tue March 26, 2019 1:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Stone's Bitch
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:47 pm
Posts: 8872
Location: unnamed mental hospital
Simple Torture wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
Hope JJ doesn’t screw up Episode IXs ending the same way

Snooooooooooooooooooooore.

(and lol@ the idea that Abrams was involved in the finale of Lost in any significant way; Lindeloff is the bogeyman)

Yeah JJ left basically after the pilot.

_________________
Strat wrote:
Alas, we are RM


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: TV: Lost
PostPosted: Tue March 26, 2019 2:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 23879
Location: Mizzou
evenslow wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
Hope JJ doesn’t screw up Episode IXs ending the same way

Snooooooooooooooooooooore.

(and lol@ the idea that Abrams was involved in the finale of Lost in any significant way; Lindeloff is the bogeyman)

Yeah JJ left basically after the pilot.


Not even basically. He left after the pilot.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: TV: Lost
PostPosted: Tue March 26, 2019 2:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Fri July 12, 2013 9:11 pm
Posts: 13083
Location: Oslo, Norway
Monkey_Driven wrote:
evenslow wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
Hope JJ doesn’t screw up Episode IXs ending the same way

Snooooooooooooooooooooore.

(and lol@ the idea that Abrams was involved in the finale of Lost in any significant way; Lindeloff is the bogeyman)

Yeah JJ left basically after the pilot.


Not even basically. He left after the pilot.


Sounds a bit like what happened with The Last Jedi.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: TV: Lost
PostPosted: Tue March 26, 2019 3:03 pm 
Offline
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Wed May 30, 2018 6:10 pm
Posts: 2877
Anders wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
evenslow wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
Hope JJ doesn’t screw up Episode IXs ending the same way

Snooooooooooooooooooooore.

(and lol@ the idea that Abrams was involved in the finale of Lost in any significant way; Lindeloff is the bogeyman)

Yeah JJ left basically after the pilot.


Not even basically. He left after the pilot.


Sounds a bit like what happened with The Last Jedi.


Sounds a bit like what happened when I got locked in the bathroom and was the last one off the plane.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: TV: Lost
PostPosted: Tue March 26, 2019 6:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar
what on earth am I talking about
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 31945
I should have qualified my comment. It was meant to be a joke.
All of Star Wars fandom rattles on about JJ not being able to finish things.

I know and they don’t seem to and I get blue in the face saying it, he’s a producer.
A producer gets great ideas from the page to the screen and have varying degrees of input.
They aren’t the creator / writer responsible for *all* of it. They’re a guiding hand most often.
And they get points on return for that.

These same people forget JJ was the one that left Rian in a pretty impossible situation. Wtf to do with Luke? But Rian gets the blame.

Moreever, JJ was executive producer on TLJ. And said he wished he was directing. But he somehow escapes that wrath unscathed.

I think the guys a genius personally. I just wish he got credit where it’s due.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: TV: Lost
PostPosted: Tue March 26, 2019 6:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Fri July 12, 2013 9:11 pm
Posts: 13083
Location: Oslo, Norway
He’s got a really good record with movies where he is listed as the director.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: TV: Lost
PostPosted: Tue March 26, 2019 6:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar
what on earth am I talking about
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 31945
Anders wrote:
He’s got a really good record with movies where he is listed as the director.



I loved Super8.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: TV: Lost
PostPosted: Wed March 27, 2019 6:01 am 
Offline
User avatar
Not as great as you think
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 24, 2013 4:32 am
Posts: 14868
Location: Growing dick, fixing and filing things.
Anders wrote:
It had great production, a cool story to start the show, and a really nice cast. However, I think they half blew it. This show could have gone down in history as one of the best ever.

It did, sucka!

_________________
PM me for tips on writing a great signature.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: TV: Lost
PostPosted: Wed March 27, 2019 8:41 am 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Fri July 12, 2013 9:11 pm
Posts: 13083
Location: Oslo, Norway
Bammer wrote:
Anders wrote:
It had great production, a cool story to start the show, and a really nice cast. However, I think they half blew it. This show could have gone down in history as one of the best ever.

It did, sucka!

Image


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: TV: Lost
PostPosted: Mon October 07, 2019 12:56 am 
Offline
User avatar
Not as great as you think
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 24, 2013 4:32 am
Posts: 14868
Location: Growing dick, fixing and filing things.
Random thought as I’m about to board a plane:

Did any of the passengers on the flight have a spouse & kids at home?

_________________
PM me for tips on writing a great signature.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: TV: Lost
PostPosted: Mon October 07, 2019 12:57 am 
Offline
User avatar
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 64328
Bammer wrote:
Random thought as I’m about to board a plane:

Did any of the passengers on the flight have a spouse & kids at home?

That one guy that lived in Seattle did

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: TV: Lost
PostPosted: Mon October 07, 2019 4:15 am 
Offline
User avatar
Not as great as you think
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 24, 2013 4:32 am
Posts: 14868
Location: Growing dick, fixing and filing things.
I’m serious, dick.

_________________
PM me for tips on writing a great signature.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: TV: Lost
PostPosted: Mon October 07, 2019 4:16 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 38301
Location: Different mountains than strat and bodysnatcher.
I think Ruddos making a party of five joke but weren’t they in the Bay Area?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: TV: Lost
PostPosted: Mon October 07, 2019 10:27 am 
Offline
User avatar
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 64328
Bammer wrote:
I’m serious, dick.

I don't remember. Sorry.

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: TV: Lost
PostPosted: Wed October 09, 2019 12:10 am 
Offline
User avatar
A Return To Form
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sat January 12, 2013 7:19 pm
Posts: 236
Location: Buffalo, NY
Ensign9 wrote:
That show was pretty good.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: TV: Lost
PostPosted: Sat October 12, 2019 6:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Not as great as you think
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 24, 2013 4:32 am
Posts: 14868
Location: Growing dick, fixing and filing things.
I'm really not remembering a character whose (young) kids were left behind at home.

If they really did leave out a character like this, then the whole show kinda rings unrealistic.

_________________
PM me for tips on writing a great signature.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: TV: Lost
PostPosted: Sat October 12, 2019 6:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Calibrating
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 84141
Location: Anarchist Jurisdiction
Bammer wrote:
I'm really not remembering a character whose (young) kids were left behind at home.

If they really did leave out a character like this, then the whole show kinda rings unrealistic.

Image


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: TV: Lost
PostPosted: Tue March 03, 2020 3:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Major Dude
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 1:57 pm
Posts: 24067
Location: Where everybody knows your name
I’m sure this has been mentioned before, but what if the island from Lost was Fantasy Island?

_________________
Let me tell you, Homer Simpson is cock of nothing!
- C. Montgomery Burns


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: TV: Lost
PostPosted: Wed March 04, 2020 2:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I Have A Third Nipple
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 7:41 am
Posts: 18193
Location: Cumberland, RI
I can't believe they were on Fantasy Island the WHOLE TIME.

_________________
McParadigm wrote:
lol


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: TV: Lost
PostPosted: Thu March 05, 2020 12:07 am 
Offline
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 1:53 pm
Posts: 15886
Location: I am taking care of some ducks
durdencommatyler wrote:
Bammer wrote:
I'm really not remembering a character whose (young) kids were left behind at home.

If they really did leave out a character like this, then the whole show kinda rings unrealistic.

Image

At some point in the show, Kate, Sun, and Jin all leave their young children behind to go to the island. Desmond, too, in a different way.

I get what you're saying, though: In the original crash, there were no parents who had children left at home. What you seem to forget is that Jacob brought these people to the island specifically because they didn't have anyone or anything to live for and were thus good candidates to become the Protector of the Island. Parents with young children don't fit his criteria

_________________
a sweet boy with a friendly disposition and a good sense of humor


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 184 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Fri September 25, 2020 10:48 am