The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 184 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: TV: Lost
PostPosted: Mon March 25, 2019 2:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 23879
Location: Mizzou
I'm not going to lie, Seasons 4 and 5 are my favorites. I love it when it starts to get a bit weird.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: TV: Lost
PostPosted: Mon March 25, 2019 2:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Fri July 12, 2013 9:11 pm
Posts: 13083
Location: Oslo, Norway
I can normally fully agree with that statement, but I don't think it was true for Lost. The first season caught the world with a real KO. Of course I respect that you feel that way. :thumbsup:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: TV: Lost
PostPosted: Mon March 25, 2019 2:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 23879
Location: Mizzou
Anders wrote:
I can normally fully agree with that statement, but I don't think it was true for Lost. The first season caught the world with a real KO.


Season One is great for character development for sure and has several standout episodes, but the story moves at a crawl.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: TV: Lost
PostPosted: Mon March 25, 2019 2:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Fri July 12, 2013 9:11 pm
Posts: 13083
Location: Oslo, Norway
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Anders wrote:
I can normally fully agree with that statement, but I don't think it was true for Lost. The first season caught the world with a real KO.


Season One is great for character development for sure and has several standout episodes, but the story moves at a crawl.


It did a good job in building up the characters. I think everyone wanted more answers, for sure. But when the answers did come in later seasons, it didn't quite live up to the hype. If it had, no doubt the later seasons would be the best also in my opinion.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: TV: Lost
PostPosted: Mon March 25, 2019 2:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 23879
Location: Mizzou
Anders wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Anders wrote:
I can normally fully agree with that statement, but I don't think it was true for Lost. The first season caught the world with a real KO.


Season One is great for character development for sure and has several standout episodes, but the story moves at a crawl.


It did a good job in building up the characters. I think everyone wanted more answers, for sure. But when the answers did come in later seasons, it didn't quite live up to the hype. If it had, no doubt the later seasons would be the best also in my opinion.


The failure to answer every question is not one of the flaws of the series IMO.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: TV: Lost
PostPosted: Mon March 25, 2019 3:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Fri July 12, 2013 9:11 pm
Posts: 13083
Location: Oslo, Norway
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Anders wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Anders wrote:
I can normally fully agree with that statement, but I don't think it was true for Lost. The first season caught the world with a real KO.


Season One is great for character development for sure and has several standout episodes, but the story moves at a crawl.


It did a good job in building up the characters. I think everyone wanted more answers, for sure. But when the answers did come in later seasons, it didn't quite live up to the hype. If it had, no doubt the later seasons would be the best also in my opinion.


The failure to answer every question is not one of the flaws of the series IMO.


Agreed, it is what those answers were. Disappointing.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: TV: Lost
PostPosted: Mon March 25, 2019 3:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar
what on earth am I talking about
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 31945
I’ve been lucky finding the boxsets for as little as €5 in charity shops.

But I can’t find season 6 anywhere. Even checked in proper shops.
I didn’t find a complete series box set but that was like €150.
Can’t afford that.

Any ideas of it was ever home released?

It doesn’t even seem to be streaming on the dodgy sites I sometimes frequent


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: TV: Lost
PostPosted: Mon March 25, 2019 4:06 pm 
Offline
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Wed May 30, 2018 6:10 pm
Posts: 2877
Looks like it's on UK Amazon for £10

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lost-Season-DV ... B002SNA5HA


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: TV: Lost
PostPosted: Mon March 25, 2019 4:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar
what on earth am I talking about
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 31945
JuanHamm wrote:
Looks like it's on UK Amazon for £10

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lost-Season-DV ... B002SNA5HA



The one place I didn’t look.
Thank you. I’ll bookmark that


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: TV: Lost
PostPosted: Mon March 25, 2019 10:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Calibrating
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 84141
Location: Anarchist Jurisdiction
Anders wrote:
It had great production, a cool story to start the show, and a really nice cast. However, I think they half blew it. This show could have gone down in history as one of the best ever.

Um.... it did though.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: TV: Lost
PostPosted: Mon March 25, 2019 10:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Calibrating
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 84141
Location: Anarchist Jurisdiction
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Anders wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Anders wrote:
I can normally fully agree with that statement, but I don't think it was true for Lost. The first season caught the world with a real KO.


Season One is great for character development for sure and has several standout episodes, but the story moves at a crawl.


It did a good job in building up the characters. I think everyone wanted more answers, for sure. But when the answers did come in later seasons, it didn't quite live up to the hype. If it had, no doubt the later seasons would be the best also in my opinion.


The failure to answer every question is not one of the flaws of the series IMO.

Kiss me!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: TV: Lost
PostPosted: Mon March 25, 2019 10:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I Have A Third Nipple
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 7:41 am
Posts: 18193
Location: Cumberland, RI
durdencommatyler wrote:
Anders wrote:
It had great production, a cool story to start the show, and a really nice cast. However, I think they half blew it. This show could have gone down in history as one of the best ever.

Um.... it did though.

I am on board with Joey here; the idea that "Lost was great at first but then blew it" is the coldest hot take of all time.

_________________
McParadigm wrote:
lol


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: TV: Lost
PostPosted: Mon March 25, 2019 10:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I Have A Third Nipple
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 7:41 am
Posts: 18193
Location: Cumberland, RI
Simple Torture wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Anders wrote:
It had great production, a cool story to start the show, and a really nice cast. However, I think they half blew it. This show could have gone down in history as one of the best ever.

Um.... it did though.

I am on board with Joey here; the idea that "Lost was great at first but then blew it" is the coldest hot take of all time.


It's the TV equivalent of someone saying, "The Star Wars prequels had great promise, but the original movies are just better. I was also not a fan of many changes made in the special editions of the original trilogy." Whenever someone begins either of these lines, I immediately fall asleep.

_________________
McParadigm wrote:
lol


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: TV: Lost
PostPosted: Mon March 25, 2019 10:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Calibrating
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 84141
Location: Anarchist Jurisdiction
Simple Torture wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Anders wrote:
It had great production, a cool story to start the show, and a really nice cast. However, I think they half blew it. This show could have gone down in history as one of the best ever.

Um.... it did though.

I am on board with Joey here; the idea that "Lost was great at first but then blew it" is the coldest hot take of all time.


It's the TV equivalent of someone saying, "The Star Wars prequels had great promise, but the original movies are just better. I was also not a fan of many changes made in the special editions of the original trilogy." Whenever someone begins either of these lines, I immediately fall asleep.

I sometimes think we were separated at birth.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: TV: Lost
PostPosted: Mon March 25, 2019 10:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I Have A Third Nipple
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 7:41 am
Posts: 18193
Location: Cumberland, RI
dimejinky99 wrote:
I’ve been lucky finding the boxsets for as little as €5 in charity shops.


Joey, were you surprised at this post at all?

_________________
McParadigm wrote:
lol


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: TV: Lost
PostPosted: Tue March 26, 2019 6:40 am 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Fri July 12, 2013 9:11 pm
Posts: 13083
Location: Oslo, Norway
durdencommatyler wrote:
Anders wrote:
It had great production, a cool story to start the show, and a really nice cast. However, I think they half blew it. This show could have gone down in history as one of the best ever.

Um.... it did though.

When it first came out it was hotter than what Game Of Thrones has been these last few years. Then it ended up with most people hating it. Now I haven’t heard anyone mention the show in years.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: TV: Lost
PostPosted: Tue March 26, 2019 6:42 am 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Fri July 12, 2013 9:11 pm
Posts: 13083
Location: Oslo, Norway
Simple Torture wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Anders wrote:
It had great production, a cool story to start the show, and a really nice cast. However, I think they half blew it. This show could have gone down in history as one of the best ever.

Um.... it did though.

I am on board with Joey here; the idea that "Lost was great at first but then blew it" is the coldest hot take of all time.


It's the TV equivalent of someone saying, "The Star Wars prequels had great promise, but the original movies are just better. I was also not a fan of many changes made in the special editions of the original trilogy." Whenever someone begins either of these lines, I immediately fall asleep.


Well, the OT is better, but I’m a fan of the prequels and the special editions.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: TV: Lost
PostPosted: Tue March 26, 2019 9:19 am 
Offline
User avatar
what on earth am I talking about
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 31945
Hope JJ doesn’t screw up Episode IXs ending the same way


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: TV: Lost
PostPosted: Tue March 26, 2019 10:24 am 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Fri July 12, 2013 9:11 pm
Posts: 13083
Location: Oslo, Norway
I don't think he has in most of his other projects. With you loving TFA and TLJ as well, I'm certain you will end up happy.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: TV: Lost
PostPosted: Tue March 26, 2019 10:53 am 
Offline
User avatar
I Have A Third Nipple
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 7:41 am
Posts: 18193
Location: Cumberland, RI
dimejinky99 wrote:
Hope JJ doesn’t screw up Episode IXs ending the same way

Snooooooooooooooooooooore.

(and lol@ the idea that Abrams was involved in the finale of Lost in any significant way; Lindeloff is the bogeyman)

_________________
McParadigm wrote:
lol


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 184 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Fri September 25, 2020 10:49 am