The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: TV: Dexter
PostPosted: Sun July 21, 2013 2:32 am 
Banned from the Pit

Despite how thin and brute she can be, I'm really attracted to Deb, especially when she was all coked out.

PostPosted: Sun July 21, 2013 5:54 pm 
Rank This Poster

manofgoldenwords25 wrote:
Despite how thin and brute she can be, I'm really attracted to Deb, especially when she was all coked out.

PostPosted: Mon August 05, 2013 4:24 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

This show is basically unwatchable at this point, but I have to make my way through it because I have been hanging on since the beginning. I like the character of Dexter, but the plot and other characters do very little for me.

PostPosted: Tue August 06, 2013 2:40 pm 
Broken Tamborine

turned2black wrote:
This show is basically unwatchable at this point, but I have to make my way through it because I have been hanging on since the beginning. I like the character of Dexter, but the plot and other characters do very little for me.

not impressed by this season either but i want to finish it out too.

PostPosted: Tue August 06, 2013 3:23 pm 
Future Drummer

psychobain wrote:
manofgoldenwords25 wrote:

PostPosted: Tue August 06, 2013 3:27 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

I never saw it, but Brea Grant is here so....

PostPosted: Tue August 06, 2013 3:30 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

intodeep wrote:
turned2black wrote:

not impressed by this season either but i want to finish it out too.

I like this season. What's so bad?

PostPosted: Thu September 19, 2013 4:08 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

One more episode until I can stop watching this shitfest.

PostPosted: Fri September 20, 2013 12:40 am 
AnalLog

turned2black wrote:
One more episode until I can stop watching this shitfest.

yeah that season was frustrating to say the least. i thought that M.C. Hall wasn't very convincing most of the time. granted it's a weird character that (i hope) none of us can relate to and it was probably badly written/directed. idk. the latest episode was my favorite so far though - looking forward the finale.

PostPosted: Fri September 20, 2013 12:12 pm 
Future Drummer

The show is a shell of itself. I still have to watch this past week's before the finale.

PostPosted: Mon September 23, 2013 2:53 am 
Future Drummer

Wow, that finale was terrible

PostPosted: Mon September 23, 2013 3:15 am 
jeeeesus relax already

lowlight79 wrote:

what happened?

PostPosted: Mon September 23, 2013 4:07 am 
Future Drummer

VinylGuy wrote:
lowlight79 wrote:

what happened?

PostPosted: Mon September 23, 2013 5:02 am 
jeeeesus relax already

lowlight79 wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
lowlight79 wrote:

what happened?

WTF!! he makes lousy music? So the irony of the story was that he was a pretty cool serial killer but a lousy musician?????

PostPosted: Mon September 23, 2013 4:13 pm 
AnalLog

This would've been an awesome ending

it also explains why in my wife and I's catching up of the series, we've thought every season since Season 5 has been progressively worse

http://www.eonline.com/news/461558/chil ... vrit=51396

PostPosted: Mon September 23, 2013 8:41 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

so judging from my friends reactions on the finale, there no reason to catch up to this show.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Mon September 23, 2013 10:59 pm 
Future Drummer

BurtReynolds wrote:
so judging from my friends reactions on the finale, there no reason to catch up to this show.

Nope

PostPosted: Tue September 24, 2013 10:45 am 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

Jesus Christ, there are no words.

What happened to this show? Seasons 1 and 2 were pretty great, then season 3 was dull and tedious. Season 4 was saved by John Lithgow and that awesome ending in the finale.

From there it just dropped further and further into mediocrity and then full on ridiculousness. I've never seen a more boring final season of a show with the silliest finale in the history of television.

SPOILERS for anyone who hasn't seen it...

The writers of this show have long been too unwilling to paint Dexter as anything other than likeable. They've been too afraid to let us doubt his actions or question him or see him in a negative way and it has killed the show and made Dexter such an chore to watch.

So, after all the shit he put Deb through she just lets him off the hook while she's all laid up in a hospital bed after a gunshot wound from the man who actually offered Dexter a truce. But, Dexter wouldn't let it go and insisted on going after him. So, Deb getting shot is pretty much thanks to Dexter. Instead of being mad for everything, she just tells him to be happy and to head off to Argentina with the serial killer girlfriend who tried to poison Deb not 5 episodes ago? BULLSHIT.

Dexter and Saxon finally face off in the hospital in the most awkward moment in history. Tense? No, just stupid. Saxon gets arrested. Dexter strolls into the cell and winds up killing him with a pen. He calmly catches his breath before he presses the alarm. Detectives Batista and Quinn just shrug it off as self defense and that's the last we hear of that. Cos they're all glad Saxon is dead so they'll just ignore the dodgy video footage and move swiftly on. Another big dose of bullshit.

Then, in perhaps my favourite moment of the finale, Dexter sails up to the hospital and docks. He walks into Deb's room, takes out all her tubes and turns off life support. He puts a sheet over here, wheels her through the hospital where all the staff and patients conveniently don't notice anything. He wheels her out of the hospital where more people don't notice anything suspicious because they're all so busy preparing for the incoming hurricane. He wheels her to the dock, puts her on the boat and sails out to sea where he kindly dumps her over the boat into the water. Basically, he treats his sister who he loves and wanted to protect as if she were one of the scumbags he's killed over the years. Charming fella.

Then the show pulls a swerve and makes us think Dexter has realised he needs to die to stop everyone in his life from going through hell with him. So he apparently rides off into the hurricane and dies. EXCEPT HE'S NOT DEAD! He's now a bearded lumberjack sat alone in his cabin, and the writers of the show expect us to feel bad for him because he's alone. :shock:

Everything is always done on Dexter's terms and it pisses me off. He's the one who finally kills Saxon; he's the one who ends Deb's life and disposes of her body. And then he fakes his death and leaves the love of his life and son. What kind of father leaves his young boy with a known killer???

PostPosted: Tue September 24, 2013 11:46 am 
Broken Tamborine

The final was a mercy kill. Put it to rest and try to just remember the good times.

PostPosted: Wed September 25, 2013 6:14 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

Well, that was beyond terrible. Jesus fucking Christ, why did I watch this stupid fucking show for all these years?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment