Switch to full style
Books, movies, television...
Post a reply

Re: TV: Better Call Saul

Wed May 18, 2022 1:49 am

Ensign9 wrote:I believe the endgame is:
1. Humiliate Howard
2. Force a Sandpiper settlement of which they're entitled to a hefty portion (Kim wanted to start her legal defense fund/group with this money which is ironic since she just had that handed to her on a silver platter by Cliff and she u-turned).

Walt turned down Gretchen and Elliott when they offered to pay for his treatment…

Wed May 18, 2022 2:22 am

Great ep. Fire the directors and let the cast direct every episode. jk, the show's always good.

I actually cried when Jim and Kimmy kissed.

Wed May 18, 2022 2:23 am

yeah, but are they in love though

Wed May 18, 2022 2:24 am

VinylGuy wrote:yeah, but are they in love though

Pretty sure they’re just friends

Wed May 18, 2022 2:26 am

Kim and Jimmy*

Wed May 18, 2022 2:27 am

The Argonaut wrote:Kim and Jimmy*

Jim and Kimmy is appropriate too

Thu May 19, 2022 12:16 am

Listening to the insider podcast, I am surprised to hear how he pronounces Esposito

Thu May 19, 2022 3:42 pm

having the rare experience of reading a thread that then increases my appreciation of the thread’s object.

Thu May 19, 2022 3:42 pm

oh wow, i never caught this

Thu May 19, 2022 4:23 pm

I remember him being in NYPD blue playing two different characters. The first character died and then he played a different guy a season or two later. That was weird.

Thu May 19, 2022 5:47 pm

contamination wrote:I remember him being in NYPD blue playing two different characters. The first character died and then he played a different guy a season or two later. That was weird.

Thu May 19, 2022 7:14 pm

guys I haven't watched the latest episode; I'm getting inexplicably bored, I feel like the show could have been wrapped up in 5 seasons like Breaking Bad if they didn't faff around with artistic close ups and finding the most complicated way possible to say the simplest things

I'm kind of sad that I feel this way, I generally feel fond of the Vince-verse

Thu May 19, 2022 7:16 pm

I’m not that far gone, but I agree this season feels like a bit of a drop. Nothing feels urgent to me. Just kind of like I’m waiting out the clock for the dovetail with breaking bad, and the answers to Saul’s Cinnabon future.

Thu May 19, 2022 7:23 pm

im the opposite.

Im fascinated by this season. I really appreciate its taking the time to develop its characters and motives. Its also something tv is not doing at all these days.

Thu May 19, 2022 7:58 pm

I think this season is actually a step up in terms of filmmaking. I think episode 5 was the weakest of the season so far but even that had a lot to enjoy. Episode 6 was beatiful, so many great moments, not the least of which is that gorgeous scene with Mike looking over Kaylee as they talk about the stars. I continue to stan

Thu May 19, 2022 8:01 pm

Ms Harmless wrote: artistic close ups and finding the most complicated way possible to say the simplest things

More, more, more of this forever please

Thu May 19, 2022 9:36 pm

lol

Thu May 19, 2022 9:38 pm

tragabigzanda wrote:I’m not that far gone, but I agree this season feels like a bit of a drop. Nothing feels urgent to me. Just kind of like I’m waiting out the clock for the dovetail with breaking bad, and the answers to Saul’s Cinnabon future.

the only thing I care about anymore is Saul and Kim's fate and that could have happened last season easily

Thu May 19, 2022 9:42 pm

Jorge wrote:I think this season is actually a step up in terms of filmmaking. I think episode 5 was the weakest of the season so far but even that had a lot to enjoy. Episode 6 was beatiful, so many great moments, not the least of which is that gorgeous scene with Mike looking over Kaylee as they talk about the stars. I continue to stan

the thing is, I like how unnecessarily artful the show is; I don't care about crime thrillers but I cared about these shows... it's just, time to wrap!

I read "mid season finale" and shrugged

Thu May 19, 2022 9:44 pm

hopefully there's an upswing in the last half
Post a reply