The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2941 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55 ... 148  Next
 Post subject: Re: TV: Better Call Saul
PostPosted: Fri October 12, 2018 2:33 am 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

Yeah this theory works on 0 levels

PostPosted: Fri October 12, 2018 2:40 am 
AnalLog

so passionate about this spoiler topic...tree gtfo out of the thread if you aren't caught up...spoilers ruin a thread when it's not really a spoiler. an episode that has aired is not a spoiler!

PostPosted: Fri October 12, 2018 3:36 am 
Poster of the Year

god damn i love this show. coppertom, your theory is dumb.

PostPosted: Fri October 12, 2018 3:42 am 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

I've been thinking about it, and coppertom might be right. I didn't see Kim with a pen. And she must have known that that judge would have had a pen in his office. So she went to his courtroom knowing that he would be suspicious and invite her to his chambers. Then she could steal a pen. Then she could write the fake note! That's got to be it.

PostPosted: Fri October 12, 2018 4:34 am 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

tree_ wrote:
I've seen almost every episode.. my dvr is being weird and hiding one or two eps from me... I was hoping to see spoiler with spoiler button and non spoiler talk.. I skimmed and can't read any of it cause of irresponsibility

For the record, I'm on your side. It takes zero effort to add a spoiler code when writing a post, or to click one open when reading one. Unfortunately, we've been through this a number of times, and the selfishness and pettiness of people like Wease and Given knows no bounds, so I've pretty much given up on it. Not everyone is at the same point in the show, and sometimes you absent-mindedly click on a thread before having watched the latest episode. For example, this happened to me right before watching the finale, and I accidentally read a post by Stickman about how Mike was forced to murder the German engineer after he snuck out of the site to meet up with his wife.

PostPosted: Fri October 12, 2018 4:44 am 
Poster of the Year

AL

PostPosted: Fri October 12, 2018 5:39 am 
mXn

Get the fuck out tree.

The spoiler rule for tv series is well established.

PostPosted: Fri October 12, 2018 10:19 am 
Champion of RM

Not my theory - a lot of people's theory. If you type "did kim w" into Google, the first 3 choices are: "did kim write the letter," "did kim wexler write the letter," "did kim write chucks letter to jimmy." It's plausible. If you're hung up at where did she write it, you're missing the point. Earlier in this thread, someone said, BCS is the story of Jimmy and Chuck. If you agree with that, then there's gotta to be something big regarding their relationship yet to come. Finding out the true letter would be just that. There's only a few scenes with the letter - 3 or 4. If you watch them with this idea, they hold up just fine. Relax folks.

PostPosted: Fri October 12, 2018 10:21 am 
Champion of RM

The Argonaut wrote:
I've been thinking about it, and coppertom might be right. I didn't see Kim with a pen. And she must have known that that judge would have had a pen in his office. So she went to his courtroom knowing that he would be suspicious and invite her to his chambers. Then she could steal a pen. Then she could write the fake note! That's got to be it.

Fuck off.

PostPosted: Fri October 12, 2018 10:43 am 
Major Dude

:thumbsup: plat

PostPosted: Fri October 12, 2018 10:51 am 
Major Dude

CopperTom wrote:
Not my theory - a lot of people's theory. If you type "did kim w" into Google, the first 3 choices are: "did kim write the letter," "did kim wexler write the letter," "did kim write chucks letter to jimmy." It's plausible. If you're hung up at where did she write it, you're missing the point. Earlier in this thread, someone said, BCS is the story of Jimmy and Chuck. If you agree with that, then there's gotta to be something big regarding their relationship yet to come. Finding out the true letter would be just that. There's only a few scenes with the letter - 3 or 4. If you watch them with this idea, they hold up just fine. Relax folks.

If Kim had written it, she wouldn’t have been so emotional during the hearing, because she would’ve known Jimmy was working a scam. The letter wouldn’t have been authentic. Because it was authentic, Jimmy was able to deliver a heartfelt and emotional monologue that not only moved her, but one of the board members, as well.* She wouldn’t have had the reaction to it she did had she been the one to write the letter.

And that something big regarding their relationship DID happen. Jimmy conned her. He didn’t know he conned her. He wasn’t trying to con her ( hell, he probably figured she knew it all along). But, he did con her. The reaction she had said it all. She sees what he has truly become.

*So she thought.

PostPosted: Fri October 12, 2018 1:41 pm 
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

theplatypus wrote:
tree_ wrote:
I've seen almost every episode.. my dvr is being weird and hiding one or two eps from me... I was hoping to see spoiler with spoiler button and non spoiler talk.. I skimmed and can't read any of it cause of irresponsibility

For the record, I'm on your side. It takes zero effort to add a spoiler code when writing a post, or to click one open when reading one. Unfortunately, we've been through this a number of times, and the selfishness and pettiness of people like Wease and Given knows no bounds, so I've pretty much given up on it. Not everyone is at the same point in the show, and sometimes you absent-mindedly click on a thread before having watched the latest episode. For example, this happened to me right before watching the finale, and I accidentally read a post by Stickman about how Mike was forced to murder the German engineer after he snuck out of the site to meet up with his wife.
y so cruel

PostPosted: Fri October 12, 2018 2:43 pm 
slower than 82% of US

CopperTom wrote:

Dumb people exist outside of RM too

PostPosted: Fri October 12, 2018 3:19 pm 
Major Dude

tree_ wrote:
theplatypus wrote:
tree_ wrote:

y so cruel

Why do you keep opening the thread?!?

PostPosted: Fri October 12, 2018 7:15 pm 
RM Elitist

Im going to defend coppertom here based entirely on what could be my spotty memory.

When Kim gave him the letter initially I thought she had written it. It was too glowing about Jimmy, and if memory serves, it was at a time when he was close to crumbling entirely.. after saying she would never give it to him for fear that it was just Chuck bashing him. It's not like she gave it to him immediately before the hearing.

and to the point that she was "in" on the con.. She very well might have believed he was going to use the letter as written to win the appeal not knowing how he was going to pivot from it into a genuine emotion. She was startled and moved and surprised when he went into his speech instead of the letter.

PostPosted: Fri October 12, 2018 10:47 pm 
AnalLog

theplatypus wrote:
tree_ wrote:

Well you're an idiot

PostPosted: Fri October 12, 2018 10:48 pm 
AnalLog

wease wrote:
tree_ wrote:
theplatypus wrote:
tree_ wrote:

y so cruel

Why do you keep opening the thread?!?

AL

PostPosted: Fri October 12, 2018 11:27 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

given2trade wrote:
theplatypus wrote:
tree_ wrote:

Well you're an idiot

I don't think you saw what he did there?

PostPosted: Sat October 13, 2018 12:19 am 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
given2trade wrote:
theplatypus wrote:
tree_ wrote:

Well you're an idiot

I love Matty's accidental self-owns

PostPosted: Sat October 13, 2018 12:27 am 
Major Dude

theplatypus wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
given2trade wrote:
theplatypus wrote:
tree_ wrote:

Well you're an idiot

I love Matty's accidental self-owns

By the way, my pettiness and selfishness DOES know bounds.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2941 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55 ... 148  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment