The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2941 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109 ... 148  Next
 Post subject: Re: TV: Better Call Saul
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2022 4:37 pm 
RM Elitist

Jorge wrote:
I love Howard

Agreed.

Also....Kim in a white tank top was fantastic

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2022 4:41 pm 
She / Her

watching Rea's episode and enjoying it, glad to have some comedy back

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2022 4:55 pm 
She / Her

Rea's acting through facial expressions during the scene with her and Mike is brilliant; so many emotions on display underneath the words she was using

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2022 5:16 pm 
She / Her

gosh, I always had a huge crush on Jessie Ennis / Erin Brill

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2022 5:36 pm 
slower than 82% of US

@SkitchP wrote:
Jorge wrote:
I love Howard

Agreed.

She’s the ride or die girlfriend we all want

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2022 5:37 pm 
slower than 82% of US

Ms Harmless wrote:

She’s cute, but I feel like she has too many teeth

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2022 5:45 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

Mecca wrote:
@SkitchP wrote:
Jorge wrote:
I love Howard

Agreed.

She’s the ride or die girlfriend we all want

Kim looked great all the episode. Damn i love her.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2022 6:15 pm 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

Mecca wrote:
Ms Harmless wrote:

Lol

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2022 6:17 pm 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

Also, Lalo in Germany was a nice surprise

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2022 6:33 pm 
She / Her

Mecca wrote:
Ms Harmless wrote:

like a shark

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2022 8:15 pm 
slower than 82% of US

Jorge wrote:
Also, Lalo in Germany was a nice surprise

He’s an international man of mystery

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2022 3:51 pm 
The Master

now jorge, please don't get upset, but i am all caught up and i can't help but feel this season is just a little tedious, and that I have been asked a couple times to suspend my disbelief at some things

Spoiler: show
My biggest issue is with the scheming against Howard. It's gone overboard into cruel territory, and I have a tough time buying that they would be so keen to pursue this to this degree, when A) Howard didn't do anything really bad to Jimmy (even if he mistakenly believed that Howard blocked his promotion at HHM), and B) they are having more lucrative success elsewhere. The whole plot line feels kind of forced and crummy and unbelievable.

Also, Lalo's trip to Germany to get "something" (the slide rule? the tunnel map? we shall see...) feels like a bit of a stretch, as does the whole "domestic tunnel to Fring's house" setup.

I also don't understand why Mike felt it better to tell Kim that Lalo was still alive, rather than just telling Saul. Maybe this will make sense as the season wraps up, but it sure feels like a needless setup to drive a future plot point.

And then I'll reiterate that I think they fumbled the execution of Lalo's dental doppelgänger in Mexico.

The stuff that's hit hard this season was everything with Nacho; and in last week's episode, when the bald lawyer called Saul out for helping Lalo go free. So I can't help but feel that they're leaning into their trademark convoluted plot machinations at the expense of a more grounded human story.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2022 4:06 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

I agree with some of those points, specially the Lalo in Germany one, but they arent really that far streched if i really think about them.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2022 4:24 pm 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

I don't see the problem with Lalo in Germany. He's been obsessed with figuring out what Gus was building, and we know he's already been in contact with Mrs. Ziegler before. I thought that was a good way to tie those two story threads. Now he's going to find the company that made the slide ruler, figure out who had it made, track them down and get the information he needs to prove that Gus has been plotting against the Salamancas. Maybe the fact that we know it ultimately doesn't end up working makes it feel like treading water? I really enjoy seeing how the specter of Lalo haunts everyone in Albuquerque, Gus especially.

The scheming against Howard is definitely cruel. Jimmy feels that way too, he's shown his hesitation several times. It's Kim who's pushing it, ostensibly as a means to an end, but there's something darker there. I'm curious how it will all resolve. As for the Fring tunnel, I dunno, is it really that unrealistic to have an underground corridor that goes from one house to the house next door?

I haven't found the season tedious because to me there's always something to enjoy about how they do things, and what they choose to show us. That's been true since day 1, BCS has always been a show about "process". But I understand that we've had two episodes in a row with very little forward momentum in terms of story, in the final season of the show. I've seen people start to get restless

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2022 4:27 pm 
slower than 82% of US

Maybe trag’s brain is fried

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2022 4:34 pm 
The Master

Jorge wrote:
I don't see the problem with Lalo in Germany. He's been obsessed with figuring out what Gus was building, and we know he's already been in contact with Mrs. Ziegler before. I thought that was a good way to tie those two story threads. Now he's going to find the company that made the slide ruler, figure out who had it made, track them down and get the information he needs to prove that Gus has been plotting against the Salamancas. Maybe the fact that we know it ultimately doesn't end up working makes it feel like treading water? I really enjoy seeing how the specter of Lalo haunts everyone in Albuquerque, Gus especially.

Good call with all of this, especially the bold part.

Jorge wrote:
The scheming against Howard is definitely cruel. Jimmy feels that way too, he's shown his hesitation several times. It's Kim who's pushing it, ostensibly as a means to an end, but there's something darker there. I'm curious how it will all resolve.

Yeah I get all this, but I just don't see why she's so keen to push it, and to a lesser degree, why Saul is willing to along with it. I do appreciate that Saul is a man in love, and is in many ways out of his league with Kim, but then I think one of the greatest shortcomings of the show is that we've seen virtually no romance between Saul and Kim; their relationship as displayed is bordering on platonic.

Jorge wrote:
As for the Fring tunnel, I dunno, is it really that unrealistic to have an underground corridor that goes from one house to the house next door?

I buy the tunnel a lot easier than I buy the married couple who are content to live this way.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2022 4:39 pm 
Champion of RM

tragabigzanda wrote:

Jorge wrote:
As for the Fring tunnel, I dunno, is it really that unrealistic to have an underground corridor that goes from one house to the house next door?

I buy the tunnel a lot easier than I buy the married couple who are content to live this way.

That couple is the silliest aspect of the whole BB / BCS universe. I hated it.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2022 4:42 pm 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

Interesting. I liked them. They're fucking weird

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2022 5:03 pm 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

tragabigzanda wrote:
I think one of the greatest shortcomings of the show is that we've seen virtually no romance between Saul and Kim; their relationship as displayed is bordering on platonic.

This is probably where I most disagree with you. I think there's a tremendous amount of romantic love on display there. A love and a history, in the things they do for each other and the ways they accept each other. It's different from how love is typically portrayed in fiction but it's true to the characters. It's not puppy love. It's the love of two people who have been close for over 10 years and neither of them are too outwardly sentimental but they understand each other more than anyone. I find it very believable and it's one of my favorite things about the show. The quiet moments of intimacy and commiserating in the balcony

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2022 5:05 pm 
The Master

Jorge wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
I think one of the greatest shortcomings of the show is that we've seen virtually no romance between Saul and Kim; their relationship as displayed is bordering on platonic.

This is probably where I most disagree with you. I think there's a tremendous amount of romantic love on display there. A love and a history, in the things they do for each other and the ways they accept each other. It's different from how love is typically portrayed in fiction but it's true to the characters. It's not puppy love. It's the love of two people who have been close for over 10 years and neither of them are too outwardly sentimental but they understand each other more than anyone. I find it very believable and it's one of my favorite things about the show. The quiet moments of intimacy and commiserating in the balcony

Yeah that's maybe fair. I definitely project onto Jimmy a bit, wondering why he's so taken with her when she's not particularly forthcoming with her affection.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2941 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109 ... 148  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment