The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2941 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134 ... 148  Next
 Post subject: Re: TV: Better Call Saul
PostPosted: Tue August 09, 2022 5:42 am 
AnalLog
 WWW  Profile

daft twat wrote:
spike wrote:
Jorge wrote:
Not sure what the Jesse scene added. Gotta sit with it

terrible scene

Disagree. It was a vehicle for Kim to express how she felt about Jimmy immediately after their divorce was made official.

We already knew how she felt about him. The look on her face before she left his office told us everything else we needed to know. I’m really surprised this scene made it out of the writer’s room.

PostPosted: Tue August 09, 2022 5:45 am 
AnalLog
 WWW  Profile

Mecca wrote:
The Argonaut wrote:
It was a good episode. I like the idea of Kim punishing herself by dating nice, clean, American, mayo boy

Look, the man likes Duke’s Mayonnaise; he’s a man of taste.

Yup.

PostPosted: Tue August 09, 2022 5:46 am 
mXn

I lol’d heartily at Jeffy crashing the cab, and the Ask Jeeves reference was just :chefskiss:

PostPosted: Tue August 09, 2022 7:09 am 
AnalLog
 WWW  Profile

Still don’t like the scene but I appreciate this Redditor’s analysis:

Quote:
The scene with Jesse and Kim may be the most heartbreakingly beautiful scene in this entire shared cinematic universe.

One soul on her way out of a life of misery and mistakes, passing like a ship in the night with another soul on his way into a life of misery and mistakes - both of whom endured that misery by falling for the wiles of conmen.

The rare desert rain (“Waterworks”) could be seen as both a cleansing baptism for Kim fleeing her sin, and a tempest for Jesse heralding the storm coming his way. It was just so surreal to see them together, and so impactful.

“Is he any good?”

“When I knew him he was.”

There’s not gonna be another show like this for a long time. Such a privilege to watch this masterpiece in real time.

PostPosted: Tue August 09, 2022 11:11 am 
Major Dude

Ensign9 wrote:

Quote:
The scene with Jesse and Kim may be the most heartbreakingly beautiful scene in this entire shared cinematic universe.

One soul on her way out of a life of misery and mistakes, passing like a ship in the night with another soul on his way into a life of misery and mistakes - both of whom endured that misery by falling for the wiles of conmen.

The rare desert rain (“Waterworks”) could be seen as both a cleansing baptism for Kim fleeing her sin, and a tempest for Jesse heralding the storm coming his way. It was just so surreal to see them together, and so impactful.

“Is he any good?”

There’s not gonna be another show like this for a long time. Such a privilege to watch this masterpiece in real time.

That was stated far better than I could have, but this is pretty much how I read the scene. Much, much more than simple fan service.

PostPosted: Tue August 09, 2022 11:19 am 
slower than 82% of US

I contend that her reaction leaving the office said everything

PostPosted: Tue August 09, 2022 11:20 am 
slower than 82% of US

Everyone’s focused on Gene with the telephone cord, but the dude was about to smash a cancer patient he drugged over the head with the urn of the guy’s dead dog’s ashes

PostPosted: Tue August 09, 2022 11:31 am 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

Mecca wrote:
Everyone’s focused on Gene with the telephone cord, but the dude was about to smash a cancer patient he drugged over the head with the urn of the guy’s dead dog’s ashes

instead of just sitting quietly and waiting a few minutes for the guy to fall asleep again, since he was definitely going to do that. It was like three am, the guy isn't going to sit on the stairs to his den for the next six hours. Weird moment

PostPosted: Tue August 09, 2022 11:34 am 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

VinylGuy wrote:
damm intense as fuck. The very downfall of Saul. Cant imagine a good ending for him.

He's gonna turn himself in

PostPosted: Tue August 09, 2022 11:44 am 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

I take back my recent claim that the oft-murderous Saul of BB and the BCS version of Jimmy were near-unreconcilable. The show pulled off that these two are the same dude. Jimmy is weak and needs a tether to a stronger person (trying to win Chuck's love or be worthy of Kim's). He was good when Kim knew him, now he's not. And that felt authentic. Good on the show, I didn't think they could do it

PostPosted: Tue August 09, 2022 11:57 am 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

Someone on reddit pointed out that Emilio has the longest gap between appearances in this universe. He only appeared in the BB pilot, and then 123 episodes and a movie later.

PostPosted: Tue August 09, 2022 12:09 pm 
The Master

Ensign9 wrote:

Quote:

“Is he any good?”

That is good. Thanks for sharing.

PostPosted: Tue August 09, 2022 12:16 pm 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

Florida Kim lives in Bob's nightmare

PostPosted: Tue August 09, 2022 12:56 pm 
slower than 82% of US

I wonder if she had to cancel going to the new Outback to make her ABQ trip

PostPosted: Tue August 09, 2022 1:09 pm 
Technical Overlord

Yup

PostPosted: Tue August 09, 2022 1:48 pm 
AnalLog
 WWW  Profile

The Argonaut wrote:
Mecca wrote:

instead of just sitting quietly and waiting a few minutes for the guy to fall asleep again, since he was definitely going to do that. It was like three am, the guy isn't going to sit on the stairs to his den for the next six hours. Weird moment

I could be wrong but I thought Saul was hiding in the doorway of the guy’s bedroom at the top of the stairs.

PostPosted: Tue August 09, 2022 1:50 pm 
The Master

Ensign9 wrote:
The Argonaut wrote:
Mecca wrote:

I could be wrong but I thought Saul was hiding in the doorway of the guy’s bedroom at the top of the stairs.

That was my read too.

PostPosted: Tue August 09, 2022 1:51 pm 
slower than 82% of US

Ensign9 wrote:
The Argonaut wrote:
Mecca wrote:

It seemed like that loft was his entertainment center

PostPosted: Tue August 09, 2022 1:52 pm 
The Master

Mecca wrote:
This show is so incredible at portraying humanity
Spoiler: show
Gene singing the chorus to Blondie only to realize it’s the verse and immediately going catching himself before he jumps back in

Also, Kim’s general behavior in Florida. She was constantly keeping her actual personality in check, for fear of becoming the person she was back in Albuquerque. Avoiding anything beyond agreeable. Surviving.

PostPosted: Tue August 09, 2022 1:53 pm 
slower than 82% of US

spike wrote:
Mecca wrote:
This show is so incredible at portraying humanity
Spoiler: show
Gene singing the chorus to Blondie only to realize it’s the verse and immediately going catching himself before he jumps back in

Also, Kim’s general behavior in Florida. She was constantly keeping her actual personality in check, for fear of becoming the person she was back in Albuquerque. Avoiding anything beyond agreeable. Surviving.

Being lower-middle class in suburbia is scary

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2941 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134 ... 148  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment