Movie or TV

Movie
39%
TV
28%
Don't make me choose!
33%

Total votes : 18

Netflix: Wet Hot American Summer (Series)

Wed December 17, 2014 9:54 pm

http://www.esquire.com/blogs/culture/we ... er-netflix

By this point we think it's safe to say that a new Wet Hot American Summer is indeed almost definitely coming to Netflix in the form of a miniseries. Sources have told E! News that the production is set to begin in January. David Wain, who directed the original 2001 comedy movie and is behind the reboot, discussed the concept with us this past summer before it was finalized, confirming that it is indeed a prequel:

"The actors were already anywhere from ten to 15 years too old in the first place when we shot it in 2000. So now they're 14 years older than that. You can all decide for yourself whether you think that's funny or not," Wain said.

We do think it's funny. And since Wet Hot American Summer is still the funniest thing Wain and his pals from The State have done since, well, The State, the anticipation for a WHAS prequel on Netflix is understandably gleeful. If you've never seen it, the film follows campers and counselors during the last day of summer camp in 1981 and is filled with comedians and actors who would soon become much more famous (Amy Poehler, Bradley Cooper). Its premise is basically designed for streamable TV in 2014.

We still don't know which cast members are signed on to the project, but this is something to watch out for regardless.

Re: Netflix: Wet Hot American Summer (Series)

Wed December 17, 2014 9:59 pm

We do think it's funny. And since Wet Hot American Summer is still the funniest thing Wain and his pals from The State have done since, well, The State

This blatant disregard for Stella will not stand.

Wed December 17, 2014 10:19 pm

Stella was nowhere near as funny as WHAS.

Wed December 17, 2014 10:28 pm

Stella >>> Anything else anyone related to The State has done, including The State

Wed December 17, 2014 10:41 pm

Fuck off.

Wed December 17, 2014 10:41 pm

Fair enough.

Wed December 17, 2014 11:41 pm

:hooray:

Thu December 18, 2014 2:29 am

I need some lube. For my pussy.

Thu December 18, 2014 3:20 am

who's watched the now with more farts version? i have.

Thu December 18, 2014 3:54 am

This news may finally make me break down and get Netflix.

Thu July 02, 2015 5:00 pm

:heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat:

Thu July 02, 2015 7:16 pm

excellent :thumbsup:

Fri July 03, 2015 1:28 am

michael showalter as ronald reagan hahahahaha

Fri July 03, 2015 4:22 am

I can't believe everyone came back (especially Bradley Cooper). Looks funny.

Fri July 03, 2015 4:38 am

after watching the trailer a few times, i'm getting a slight trying too hard vibe, but it won't keep me from watching and enjoying.

Fri July 03, 2015 4:41 am

Is the movie worth hunting down?

Fri July 03, 2015 4:43 am

yeah

Fri July 03, 2015 5:04 am

spike wrote:after watching the trailer a few times, i'm getting a slight trying too hard vibe, but it won't keep me from watching and enjoying.

GOD FORBID anyone like some stupid entertainment that has a bit of nostalgia (the entire cast is back) and a new approach on familiar material.
It'll be big & dumb and a good waste of 2 hours on a rainy day.

Fri July 03, 2015 12:11 pm

God I miss the state.

Fri July 03, 2015 3:29 pm

spike wrote:after watching the trailer a few times, i'm getting a slight trying too hard vibe, but it won't keep me from watching and enjoying.

that was just kristen wiig :?
Post a reply