The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 330 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 17  Next
 Post subject: Re: TV: The Americans on FX
PostPosted: Fri June 01, 2018 12:16 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

So what's the take on Andrea in the end?

Spoiler: show
MHO: she was an illegal

PostPosted: Fri June 01, 2018 12:24 pm 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

To me, there is no answer to that and it doesn't really matter. The point is just that Stan will never be able to truly trust or love anyone again. This breaks him, and it is not isolated to the Jennings

PostPosted: Fri June 01, 2018 2:38 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

The Argonaut wrote:
To me, there is no answer to that and it doesn't really matter. The point is just that Stan will never be able to truly trust or love anyone again. This breaks him, and it is not isolated to the Jennings

For sure, just wondering what the perception was of that last scene with her.

PostPosted: Sat June 02, 2018 4:44 am 
The Master

My goodness. That was just crushing.

PostPosted: Sat June 02, 2018 11:20 am 
Looks Like a Cat

one thing that seemed out of place:

WTF is Paige going to do back in DC? It's not like she has the Center's resources behind her and the FBI is aware of her.

PostPosted: Tue June 05, 2018 2:47 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

I haven't read a single post in this thread. But we started watching this show yesterday. We're 5 episodes into S1 and loving the holy hell out of it.

The way sex is treated is fascinating. There's literally be only one single healthy, consensual scene in the entire thing. And that fact made the one consensual scene so much more powerful.

I love the way this show subverts or overturns expectations all over the place. It's about Russian spies. I'm supposed to be rooting for the Russians spies! It's fucking crazy. I have no idea how I want this series to end.

PostPosted: Tue June 05, 2018 3:07 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

durdencommatyler wrote:
I haven't read a single post in this thread. But we started watching this show yesterday. We're 5 episodes into S1 and loving the holy hell out of it.

The way sex is treated is fascinating. There's literally be only one single healthy, consensual scene in the entire thing. And that fact made the one consensual scene so much more powerful.

I love the way this show subverts or overturns expectations all over the place. It's about Russian spies. I'm supposed to be rooting for the Russians spies! It's fucking crazy. I have no idea how I want this series to end.

Ey i started this one this weekend!! But only saw the pilot.

Seems cool tough!

PostPosted: Tue June 05, 2018 3:49 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

durdencommatyler wrote:

:thumbsup:

You aren't even to the good parts yet.

PostPosted: Wed June 20, 2018 11:29 pm 
Champion of RM

I wrapped this up today. This did not end as I envisioned. I always figured Philip would sacrifice himself to save the family or Elizabeth would kill the family to protect her cover. No dice. It was practically a Jennings happy ending. My interpretation of the open endings - Renee is not a spy since Stan really wasn't even on the counterintelligence FBI team anymore; he was on high crimes or something. This was directly mentioned in the middle of the season. It was also confirmed at the end of last season, but I thought it might have been a lie. Her long look at the Jennings house did give me pause. Paige returned to D.C. with hopes of becoming the second generation spy that her parents and the center once pined for. Her vodka shot showed her allegiance and where her heart lies. Paige's open ending also left the door cracked for a spin-off.

The second half of the season was excellent.

PostPosted: Wed June 20, 2018 11:35 pm 
Champion of RM

Bi_3 wrote:
one thing that seemed out of place:

WTF is Paige going to do back in DC? It's not like she has the Center's resources behind her and the FBI is aware of her.

Stan was aware she knew about her parents, but he didn't know she was a spy. He probably made no report of her knowledge. I'm guessing she's safe. Plus she applied for the State Department internship before this - her acceptance was probably denied based on her parents demise though. Paige did nothing pro-Gorbachev either. She did not disobey the Center's orders at anytime. I think the Center would welcome her back.

PostPosted: Sat June 23, 2018 1:36 am 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

3 episodes into S2.

This show is fantastic.

PostPosted: Sat June 30, 2018 1:58 am 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Season 2 of The Americans was just top notch TV. Outstanding work! We're four deep into S3 now. This show is fucking Baller AF!

PostPosted: Sat June 30, 2018 10:21 am 
Champion of RM

I would say Season 1 was the worst. You have no where to go but up. Pastor Tim story lines sucked hard. I don't remember if he was introduced in season 2 or 3.

PostPosted: Sat June 30, 2018 1:57 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

CopperTom wrote:
I would say Season 1 was the worst. You have no where to go but up. Pastor Tim story lines sucked hard. I don't remember if he was introduced in season 2 or 3.

2. I hate him.

PostPosted: Tue July 03, 2018 11:47 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Finished S3E7 the other day. I can't WAIT to get home to dive into the next episode. Hoping to end the third season tonight. :bammer:

PostPosted: Sun July 08, 2018 4:14 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

Im still in season one. Finished 6 episodes.
I like the slow burner feel about it. Its really well shot, so thats a plus..i am a little tired of the whole is she in love with me or not thing between Philip and Elizabeth but im guessing thats something that will fade.

PostPosted: Sun July 08, 2018 4:42 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

S4E8 felt like a Season Finale. I was really surprised and had to check and see if S4 was a short season. It's not! 5 more to go!

PostPosted: Sun July 08, 2018 9:48 pm 
Poster of the Year

I stopped watching sometime during season 2. Not because I wasn't enjoying it, I just got distracted with other things and never went back to it. I might just start over from the beginning.

PostPosted: Sun July 08, 2018 9:50 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

cutuphalfdead wrote:
I stopped watching sometime during season 2. Not because I wasn't enjoying it, I just got distracted with other things and never went back to it. I might just start over from the beginning.

It's really good. I'd highly recommend getting back into it.

PostPosted: Sun July 08, 2018 9:51 pm 
Poster of the Year

durdencommatyler wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:

It's really good. I'd highly recommend getting back into it.

yeah i know, i might actually just watch the season 1 finale and then start season 2 fresh

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 330 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 17  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment