The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54 ... 56  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Ask LoathedVermin
PostPosted: Tue October 16, 2018 1:35 am 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Sun September 15, 2013 5:50 am
Posts: 11165
tragabigzanda wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
how do i get into movies again?

Buy a ticket on Fandango, then call a Lyft


hey, you are not LV

_________________
Don't need no good advice
Don't need no pollster rights


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Ask LoathedVermin
PostPosted: Tue October 16, 2018 1:43 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 56100
tragabigzanda wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
how do i get into movies again?

Buy a ticket on Fandango, then call a Lyft

um, what?

_________________
run2death wrote:
Len, I would seriously come and see you if you were a bit closer than Yuma.

6 hours roundtrip is a little much for freaking Yuma.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Ask LoathedVermin
PostPosted: Tue October 16, 2018 1:45 am 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Sun September 15, 2013 5:50 am
Posts: 11165
it's code

_________________
Don't need no good advice
Don't need no pollster rights


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Ask LoathedVermin
PostPosted: Tue October 16, 2018 1:47 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 56100
96583UP wrote:
it's code

i don't get it

_________________
run2death wrote:
Len, I would seriously come and see you if you were a bit closer than Yuma.

6 hours roundtrip is a little much for freaking Yuma.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Ask LoathedVermin
PostPosted: Wed October 17, 2018 1:40 am 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Sun September 15, 2013 5:50 am
Posts: 11165
re-arrange the letters to decipher the secret message

Spoiler: show
:?:

_________________
Don't need no good advice
Don't need no pollster rights


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Ask LoathedVermin
PostPosted: Sun November 04, 2018 11:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 52890
What are your thoughts on them doing a 4th Riddick movie?

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Ask LoathedVermin
PostPosted: Mon November 05, 2018 12:41 am 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 23432
LV
Odd question for you

Our ma told a story on a national tv talkshow here about 10 years ago. About bunking in to the a venue to see the Beatles only ever Dublin show in 1963.

Now it’s been made into a play but they never approached her or asked anyone about any of it or permission to even go ahead.
They took the premise from the interview clip and ran with it.

Let it go or get annoyed or what?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Ask LoathedVermin
PostPosted: Tue November 06, 2018 11:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 39201
dimejinky99 wrote:
LV
Odd question for you

Our ma told a story on a national tv talkshow here about 10 years ago. About bunking in to the a venue to see the Beatles only ever Dublin show in 1963.

Now it’s been made into a play but they never approached her or asked anyone about any of it or permission to even go ahead.
They took the premise from the interview clip and ran with it.

Let it go or get annoyed or what?

Wait, like this is explicitly based on their experience? Do they actually use names? Or is it just kind of loosely “inspired by” in an indirect way?

_________________
he will still close his eyes and try to imagine me as a blueberry


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Ask LoathedVermin
PostPosted: Wed November 07, 2018 1:59 am 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 52890
Thanks for answering my question

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Ask LoathedVermin
PostPosted: Wed November 07, 2018 2:05 am 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 1:57 pm
Posts: 14733
Location: Where everybody knows your name
He’s still thinking about it.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Ask LoathedVermin
PostPosted: Wed November 07, 2018 2:10 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 39201
Oh fuck, didn't see it. Are they doing one? I don't see anything about it.

_________________
he will still close his eyes and try to imagine me as a blueberry


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Ask LoathedVermin
PostPosted: Wed November 07, 2018 3:15 am 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 52890
Supposedly it's an origin story

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Ask LoathedVermin
PostPosted: Wed November 07, 2018 3:27 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 39201
Is it just Twohy directing again? I like him but I hate how he’s handled the franchise. I’d be curious to see what someone else would do with it.

_________________
he will still close his eyes and try to imagine me as a blueberry


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Ask LoathedVermin
PostPosted: Wed November 07, 2018 10:01 am 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 23432
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
LV
Odd question for you

Our ma told a story on a national tv talkshow here about 10 years ago. About bunking in to the a venue to see the Beatles only ever Dublin show in 1963.

Now it’s been made into a play but they never approached her or asked anyone about any of it or permission to even go ahead.
They took the premise from the interview clip and ran with it.

Let it go or get annoyed or what?

Wait, like this is explicitly based on their experience? Do they actually use names? Or is it just kind of loosely “inspired by” in an indirect way?



They took it directly from this story here didn’t ask and used her name and Glens name in the press release sent out to papers and radio stations (I’m the Handsome one sitting beside her haha)



Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Ask LoathedVermin
PostPosted: Wed November 07, 2018 4:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 52890
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Is it just Twohy directing again? I like him but I hate how he’s handled the franchise. I’d be curious to see what someone else would do with it.

It is him again. The Chronicles of Riddick: Furia

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Ask LoathedVermin
PostPosted: Thu November 08, 2018 2:28 am 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 52890
Did you see NASA shot some 8k video of Earth? Will you be buying an 8k TV?

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Ask LoathedVermin
PostPosted: Thu November 08, 2018 2:33 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 39201
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Did you see NASA shot some 8k video of Earth? Will you be buying an 8k TV?

Is it on YouTube or something? I’d be interested in watching it on my TV.

I don’t know. Maybe? I’m skeptical of how much appreciable benefit there will be. And I’m even more skeptical of there being any meaningful content available in 8K.

_________________
he will still close his eyes and try to imagine me as a blueberry


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Ask LoathedVermin
PostPosted: Thu November 08, 2018 2:34 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 39201
dimejinky99 wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
LV
Odd question for you

Our ma told a story on a national tv talkshow here about 10 years ago. About bunking in to the a venue to see the Beatles only ever Dublin show in 1963.

Now it’s been made into a play but they never approached her or asked anyone about any of it or permission to even go ahead.
They took the premise from the interview clip and ran with it.

Let it go or get annoyed or what?

Wait, like this is explicitly based on their experience? Do they actually use names? Or is it just kind of loosely “inspired by” in an indirect way?



They took it directly from this story here didn’t ask and used her name and Glens name in the press release sent out to papers and radio stations (I’m the Handsome one sitting beside her haha)


Jesus Christ you’re good looking. My god

_________________
he will still close his eyes and try to imagine me as a blueberry


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Ask LoathedVermin
PostPosted: Thu November 08, 2018 2:44 am 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 52890
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Did you see NASA shot some 8k video of Earth? Will you be buying an 8k TV?

Is it on YouTube or something? I’d be interested in watching it on my TV.

I don’t know. Maybe? I’m skeptical of how much appreciable benefit there will be. And I’m even more skeptical of there being any meaningful content available in 8K.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/world/2018/1 ... s-orig.cnn

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Ask LoathedVermin
PostPosted: Thu November 08, 2018 3:10 am 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 8:08 pm
Posts: 2149
Dime is truly a dime, the name is apt.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54 ... 56  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], VinylGuy and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Sat January 19, 2019 3:07 am