The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2389 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 120  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ask LoathedVermin
PostPosted: Tue November 04, 2014 4:04 pm 
The Master

Alex wrote:
that's the foo fighters of best movie lists

Yeah it's a joke.

PostPosted: Tue November 04, 2014 9:18 pm 
Rank This Poster

The Argonaut wrote:
Let's find some non-provocative opinions. What movies do both you and the masses agree are masterpieces? For example, how many movies in the IMDB Top 250 would also be listed in your top 250 movies?

A more appropriate question would be: what shitty action movie does LV think is NOT a masterpiece?

PostPosted: Tue November 04, 2014 9:21 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

Heathen wrote:
The Argonaut wrote:
Let's find some non-provocative opinions. What movies do both you and the masses agree are masterpieces? For example, how many movies in the IMDB Top 250 would also be listed in your top 250 movies?

A more appropriate question would be: what shitty action movie does LV think is NOT a masterpiece?
Lethal Weapon 4

PostPosted: Tue November 04, 2014 9:26 pm 
The Master

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Heathen wrote:
The Argonaut wrote:

Lethal Weapon 4

...I really like Lethal Weapon 4.

PostPosted: Tue November 04, 2014 10:03 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

LV, what do you think of the sound mixing in cannonball run 2?

PostPosted: Wed November 05, 2014 5:05 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

jessica chastain is on letterman. hope you aren't missing this.

PostPosted: Sat November 08, 2014 3:24 am 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

Hey LV, don't you think it's more than a little dishonest to misrepresent movies that you perceive are out of sync with your own, rather rigid beliefs as something like "bad writing" or "cynical"?

And as a follow up, would you agree that you are a terrible person and the enemy of real art, and perhaps humanity in general?

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Sat November 08, 2014 3:29 am 
The Master

:roll:

PostPosted: Sat November 08, 2014 3:30 am 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

LoathedVermin72 wrote:
:roll:

I agree. We've been agreeing far too much, lately.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Sat November 08, 2014 3:37 am 
The Master

Hey, Burt, don't you think it's more than a little presumptuous to say I'm "misrepresenting" movies simply because you look at them differently than I do?

And as a follow up, would you agree that acting like a dick and resorting to personal attacks over movie opinions is the enemy of real discourse about art?

PostPosted: Sat November 08, 2014 3:46 am 

No and certainly no.

PostPosted: Sat November 08, 2014 4:49 am 

I'm sorry, LV. you're not a terrible person. Though I do have an aversion to reviewers who refuse to judge a work by its own merits, there is something else thats been bothering me and I need to get it off my chest...

You see, I always thought of myself as the Trash Movie King of RM, and I was proud of it. and I was good at it too. I love all kinds of shitty movies. And a contrarian! Boy I could start flame wars with the best of them.

But then you came along, with your love for both Michael Bay AND Adam Sandler, and I was cast aside and forgotten. I mean, sure Armageddon was kinda fun in a dopey sort of way, but come on! how can I be expected to compete with someone who thinks Godzilla was the movie of 2014?

I just feel like I've lost my identity. Now I'm just some creepy old guy with a mustache. I'm nobody. I might as well just leave forever.

PostPosted: Sat November 08, 2014 5:52 am 
The Master

BurtReynolds wrote:
I'm sorry, LV. you're not a terrible person. Though I do have an aversion to reviewers who refuse to judge a work by its own merits, there is something else thats been bothering me and I need to get it off my chest...

You see, I always thought of myself as the Trash Movie King of RM, and I was proud of it. and I was good at it too. I love all kinds of shitty movies. And a contrarian! Boy I could start flame wars with the best of them.

But then you came along, with your love for both Michael Bay AND Adam Sandler, and I was cast aside and forgotten. I mean, sure Armageddon was kinda fun in a dopey sort of way, but come on! how can I be expected to compete with someone who thinks Godzilla was the movie of 2014?

I just feel like I've lost my identity. Now I'm just some creepy old guy with a mustache. I'm nobody. I might as well just leave forever.

Wow, thanks, Burt. Didn't expect that from you. I know you're partially joking, but I appreciate it all the same.

Clearly we should be teaming up here, don't you think?

PostPosted: Sat November 08, 2014 5:58 am 

LoathedVermin72 wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:

Wow, thanks, Burt. Didn't expect that from you. I know you're partially joking, but I appreciate it all the same.

I wish we could, but there can be only one Trash King.

PostPosted: Sat November 08, 2014 5:59 am 
The Master

BurtReynolds wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:

PostPosted: Sat November 08, 2014 6:23 am 
Rank This Poster

Stop fighting guys. You're both equally awful.

PostPosted: Sat November 08, 2014 6:27 am 

PostPosted: Sat November 08, 2014 12:18 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

BurtReynolds wrote:

Hey wait a minute

PostPosted: Sat November 08, 2014 5:32 pm 

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:

Hey wait a minute

I didn't want you to find out this way.

PostPosted: Sat November 08, 2014 5:49 pm 
what on earth am I talking about

I drew the short straw..

here goes

LV, do you hate everything or just when you're on RM?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2389 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 120  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment