Switch to full style
Books, movies, television...
Post a reply

Re: Post Random Movie-Related Thoughts You Have

Tue August 25, 2020 3:36 am

VinylGuy wrote:i think every Nolan movie has something else about it. He is truly unique in the way he approach to movies. His scope, his ideas, the craft. Nobody shoots like him.

My ranking is

1 TDK
2 Inception
3 Interstellar
4 Batman Begins
5 Memento
6 TDKR
7 Dunkirk
8 The Prestige
9 Insomnia

Never saw The Following. I should.

Memento
The Prestige
The Dark Knight
Inception
Insomnia
Batman Begins
The Dark Knight Rises
The Following
Dunkirk
Interstellar

Tue August 25, 2020 12:56 pm

Man I love inception so goddamn much.

Tue August 25, 2020 1:01 pm

yeah, its awesome. Ive been meaning to watch it again these days.

Tue August 25, 2020 2:01 pm

I miss the old days when I was 23 and every movie made for adults that I'd ever seen I still remembered well because I had just seen it in the last few years. I could compare them and make lists. Now I'm 32 and I haven't seen some of these movies in over a decade, and I barely remember them anymore. Also, my brain doesn't work as well because I am so old. Is The Following better than Insomnia? I don't know anymore, but I knew once.

Tue August 25, 2020 2:07 pm

Did I ever even watch Insomnia? I don't know. No one knows.

Tue August 25, 2020 2:09 pm

The Argonaut wrote:I miss the old days when I was 23 and every movie made for adults that I'd ever seen I still remembered well because I had just seen it in the last few years. I could compare them and make lists. Now I'm 32 and I haven't seen some of these movies in over a decade, and I barely remember them anymore. Also, my brain doesn't work as well because I am so old. Is The Following better than Insomnia? I don't know anymore, but I knew once.

Im 37 and i remember them. Maybe you have amnesia.

Tue August 25, 2020 3:52 pm

The Argonaut wrote:I miss the old days when I was 23 and every movie made for adults that I'd ever seen I still remembered well because I had just seen it in the last few years. I could compare them and make lists. Now I'm 32 and I haven't seen some of these movies in over a decade, and I barely remember them anymore. Also, my brain doesn't work as well because I am so old. Is The Following better than Insomnia? I don't know anymore, but I knew once.

agreed

Tue August 25, 2020 6:16 pm

I feel like the Purge movies could have been great if they were a little more serious. The concept is fantastic but the execution was poor

Tue August 25, 2020 6:50 pm

tragabigzanda wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:- Its the definition of faux-deep.

Perhaps. But it’s a story that couldn’t be told by any other director I can think of.

I don't think it takes much unique vision to make a movie about dreams that looks like a police procedural.

Come on, the city folding over itself, the spinning hotel room battle, the ski warfare (to a lesser extent), all that stuff was badass.

I am completely uninterested in folding cities.

Fri September 11, 2020 8:36 pm

William Baldwin was a handsome fucking dude in the early 90s. Now, if my life depended on it I don't know if I'd be able to tell him and Alec apart. Weird stuff.

Mon September 21, 2020 2:34 pm

has there ever been a bigger reaction in a theater than Thor's entrance in Infinity War and Cap picking up Mjlonir

granted i have seen many movies that would elicit such delight (last one i think i saw was the original pet semetary and people where hooting and hollering when the scene intercut between the baby and the tractor trailer)

Mon September 21, 2020 3:05 pm

The most raucous theatrical experience I ever had was seeing There’s Something About Mary in a packed room.

Mon September 21, 2020 5:08 pm

Batman Begins
The Dark Knight
Inception
Interstellar
The Prestige
The Dark Knight Rises
The Following

Mon September 21, 2020 5:19 pm

I had so many cool theatre experiences...T2, Jurassic Park, Sixth Sense, Blair Witch, Memento fuck even Hereditary was such a experience!

Mon September 21, 2020 8:56 pm

Borat and Team America were two I saw that got huge audience reactions.

Mon September 21, 2020 11:45 pm

tragabigzanda wrote:The most raucous theatrical experience I ever had was seeing There’s Something About Mary in a packed room.

I totally forgot I saw that in the theater as well, remember laughs but nothing noteworthy; I was also paying far more attention to my date. That said, the Carell ventriloquist scene in Bruce Almighty had the entire room practically in tears, myself included... I believe it is the hardest I have laughed in a theater.

Tue September 22, 2020 12:50 am

Peeps wrote:has there ever been a bigger reaction in a theater than Thor's entrance in Infinity War and Cap picking up Mjlonir

Just to clarify, Captain America used Mjolnir in Endgame, not Infinity War.

Tue September 22, 2020 12:53 am

O, Brother, Where Art Thou? and American Pie were both movies that had great audience reactions for me. Also, the reveal at the end of Empire Strikes Back.

And the aforementioned scene in Endgame.

Tue September 22, 2020 1:00 am

blueviper wrote:Batman Begins
The Dark Knight
Inception
Interstellar
The Prestige
The Dark Knight Rises
The Following

i haven't seen the following, but this probably isn't far off from how i'd rank them...i could be convinced to put inception #2

Tue September 22, 2020 1:40 am

Peeps wrote:has there ever been a bigger reaction in a theater than Thor's entrance in Infinity War and Cap picking up Mjlonir

granted i have seen many movies that would elicit such delight (last one i think i saw was the original pet semetary and people where hooting and hollering when the scene intercut between the baby and the tractor trailer)

I saw it in a packed theatre the first weekend and everyone cheered and that was a great moment. I saw it a second time months later at the end of its run with about ten other people and the place was silent. It was super depressing
Post a reply