The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3764 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164 ... 189  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Movie-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Fri June 29, 2018 5:07 pm 
Online
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu April 04, 2013 6:27 am
Posts: 9093
Location: Port Perry Lodge on voluptuous Lake Perry
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Barnes & Noble Criterion sale has begun...I already bought two
man.. last time i was in that store all of those criterions were way over priced... so are they now like, normal price?

_________________
BurtReynolds wrote:
2019 is getting off to a great start! Tree is back!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Movie-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Fri June 29, 2018 5:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 39383
tree_ wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Barnes & Noble Criterion sale has begun...I already bought two
man.. last time i was in that store all of those criterions were way over priced... so are they now like, normal price?

The B&N sale is pretty much the only time I buy Criterions. 50% MSRP, meaning Blu-rays are $20.

_________________
he will still close his eyes and try to imagine me as a blueberry


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Movie-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Fri June 29, 2018 5:10 pm 
Online
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu April 04, 2013 6:27 am
Posts: 9093
Location: Port Perry Lodge on voluptuous Lake Perry
Jee Wiz... why are they so expensive?

_________________
BurtReynolds wrote:
2019 is getting off to a great start! Tree is back!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Movie-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Fri June 29, 2018 5:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 39383
That’s cheap for a Criterion Blu

_________________
he will still close his eyes and try to imagine me as a blueberry


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Movie-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Fri June 29, 2018 5:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 52947
I picked up Color of Pomegranates, Lady Snowblood and 2001.

Almost bought Robinson Crusoe on Mars

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Movie-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Fri June 29, 2018 6:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 39383
Ahhhhh sheeeet

I also grabbed Pomegranates

_________________
he will still close his eyes and try to imagine me as a blueberry


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Movie-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Fri June 29, 2018 6:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 52947
Damn straight

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Movie-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Sun July 01, 2018 3:54 am 
Offline
User avatar
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:03 pm
Posts: 7234
Location: Washington State
Just finished Wrinkle in Time. It's been awhile since I've been actively mad at a movie while watching it. I keep reading how the book is unfilmable. Well, if you put a FLYING CABBAGE in it (because you're afraid of the 'angel' aspect in the book?) and you only mention Aunt Beast by name and never show her then you're not even trying. Never mind the twins being excised entirely, or Calvin's family going from ignoring him to mentally abusing him, or even the timeline change of having Charles Wallace make enough food/milk for visitors and then the weird edit so you're not sure if that was the previous day or not.

UGH.

I'm so glad I got it from the library. I wouldn't want to have paid money to be this mad.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Movie-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Sun July 01, 2018 4:10 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 39383
bune wrote:
Just finished Wrinkle in Time. It's been awhile since I've been actively mad at a movie while watching it. I keep reading how the book is unfilmable. Well, if you put a FLYING CABBAGE in it (because you're afraid of the 'angel' aspect in the book?) and you only mention Aunt Beast by name and never show her then you're not even trying. Never mind the twins being excised entirely, or Calvin's family going from ignoring him to mentally abusing him, or even the timeline change of having Charles Wallace make enough food/milk for visitors and then the weird edit so you're not sure if that was the previous day or not.

UGH.

I'm so glad I got it from the library. I wouldn't want to have paid money to be this mad.

LMAO WHAT?! For real?! That is.......that is really something right there

_________________
he will still close his eyes and try to imagine me as a blueberry


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Movie-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Sun July 01, 2018 4:12 am 
Offline
User avatar
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 35371
Location: Donkeys live a long time.
I've been tempted to see that one at the dollar theater.

_________________
“The world is going insane!” they shout at an unhearing screen.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Movie-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Sun July 01, 2018 4:20 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 25573
Location: Different mountains than Strat.
BurtReynolds wrote:
I've been tempted to see that one at the dollar theater.

is it a McMiniman's and are they still any good?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Movie-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Sun July 01, 2018 4:29 am 
Offline
User avatar
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 35371
Location: Donkeys live a long time.
tragabigzanda wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
I've been tempted to see that one at the dollar theater.

is it a McMiniman's and are they still any good?

They have theaters? I've eaten at a McMiniman's restaurant/bar here a couple of times. The pizza was good.

_________________
“The world is going insane!” they shout at an unhearing screen.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Movie-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Sun July 01, 2018 5:32 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 56480
i miss the dollar theater so much :(

_________________
run2death wrote:
Len, I would seriously come and see you if you were a bit closer than Yuma.

6 hours roundtrip is a little much for freaking Yuma.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Movie-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Mon July 09, 2018 4:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:03 pm
Posts: 7234
Location: Washington State
BurtReynolds wrote:
I've been tempted to see that one at the dollar theater.

There's a dollar theater?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Movie-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Thu July 12, 2018 10:29 pm 
Offline
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other
 Profile

Joined: Wed May 30, 2018 6:10 pm
Posts: 652


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Movie-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Thu July 12, 2018 10:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 25573
Location: Different mountains than Strat.
to be fair what else does one need before riding out on a horse?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Movie-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Sun July 22, 2018 2:32 am 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 68659
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
Just bought tickets to see 2001: A Space Odyssey in 70mm. I. Can. Not. Wait.

:luv: :luv: :luv:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Movie-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Sun July 22, 2018 2:40 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 25573
Location: Different mountains than Strat.
durdencommatyler wrote:
Just bought tickets to see 2001: A Space Odyssey in 70mm. I. Can. Not. Wait.

:luv: :luv: :luv:

rad


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Movie-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Sun July 22, 2018 2:42 am 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 68659
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
tragabigzanda wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Just bought tickets to see 2001: A Space Odyssey in 70mm. I. Can. Not. Wait.

:luv: :luv: :luv:

rad

I'm pumped man. One of my all time favs. It's been years since I last watched it and I've never seen it in 70mm.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Movie-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Sun July 22, 2018 3:10 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 39383
I’ve heard bad things about the current 70mm version, unfortunately.

_________________
he will still close his eyes and try to imagine me as a blueberry


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3764 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164 ... 189  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: B and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Wed January 23, 2019 10:25 pm