The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3414 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160 ... 171  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Movie-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 2:21 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 37854
washing machine wrote:
Is there a physical version of The Return available yet? I was just thinking about how fun that was to experience this time last year.

You mean like this one?

https://www.amazon.com/Twin-Peaks-A-Lim ... PDKIKX0DER

_________________
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
What's going on in here

a lot of hurt


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Movie-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 3:02 am 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:28 pm
Posts: 10375
Location: Space City
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
washing machine wrote:
Is there a physical version of The Return available yet? I was just thinking about how fun that was to experience this time last year.

You mean like this one?

https://www.amazon.com/Twin-Peaks-A-Lim ... PDKIKX0DER

Perfect. Thanks LV.

I know I could have Amazon’d that myself, but then how would I build on the posting rapport that me and VG have always had about Twin Peaks and Sonic Youth?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Movie-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 3:22 am 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu April 04, 2013 6:27 am
Posts: 8139
Location: Port Perry Lodge on voluptuous Lake Perry
Watching red dragon... Something seems I don't know pathetic about rehashing Hannibal lecter in this way... Also I hate nortons blonde hair...

_________________
radio coming soon


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Movie-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 3:26 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 37854
Red Dragon is fucking horrendous. Just watch Manhunter instead.

_________________
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
What's going on in here

a lot of hurt


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Movie-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 3:41 am 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu April 04, 2013 6:27 am
Posts: 8139
Location: Port Perry Lodge on voluptuous Lake Perry
Ya it's pretty bad. ..

_________________
radio coming soon


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Movie-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 3:42 am 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu April 04, 2013 6:27 am
Posts: 8139
Location: Port Perry Lodge on voluptuous Lake Perry
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Red Dragon is fucking horrendous. Just watch Manhunter instead.

Do you mean mindhubter?

_________________
radio coming soon


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Movie-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 3:43 am 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Fri March 22, 2013 7:20 pm
Posts: 9426
Location: 41.1716° S, 174.8248° E
tree_ wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Red Dragon is fucking horrendous. Just watch Manhunter instead.

Do you mean mindhubter?

Quote:
Manhunter is a 1986 American crime horror film based on the novel Red Dragon by Thomas Harris. Written and directed by Michael Mann, it stars William Petersen as FBI profiler Will Graham. Also featured are Tom Noonan as serial killer Francis Dollarhyde, Dennis Farina as Graham's FBI superior Jack Crawford, and Brian Cox as incarcerated killer Hannibal Lecktor.

_________________
"I really enjoy sandwiches but the other guys are so good at making sandwiches that I don't make them. Now I make sandwiches."


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Movie-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 3:46 am 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu April 04, 2013 6:27 am
Posts: 8139
Location: Port Perry Lodge on voluptuous Lake Perry
Rangi Guy wrote:
tree_ wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Red Dragon is fucking horrendous. Just watch Manhunter instead.

Do you mean mindhubter?

Quote:
Manhunter is a 1986 American crime horror film based on the novel Red Dragon by Thomas Harris. Written and directed by Michael Mann, it stars William Petersen as FBI profiler Will Graham. Also featured are Tom Noonan as serial killer Francis Dollarhyde, Dennis Farina as Graham's FBI superior Jack Crawford, and Brian Cox as incarcerated killer Hannibal Lecktor.

Oh man I wish it were on Netflix

_________________
radio coming soon


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Movie-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 3:48 am 
Offline
User avatar
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 34560
Location: Donkeys live a long time.
I never saw that one.

_________________
Death is coming. Eat trash. Be free.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Movie-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 3:50 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 37854
I love Manhunter hard. It is pure Mann beauty. Probably his second best movie behind Heat. I kinda think Cox is a better Lecter than Hopkins too. He is much colder and steelier; you never know what he's up to.

_________________
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
What's going on in here

a lot of hurt


Last edited by LoathedVermin72 on Mon May 28, 2018 3:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Movie-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 3:51 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 52361
BurtReynolds wrote:
I never saw that one.

me either...just another thing we have in common

_________________
Jammer XCI wrote:
My bong got broken tonight


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Movie-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 3:51 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 52361
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
I love Manhunter hard. It is pure Mann beauty. Probably his second best movie behind Heat.

i still need to rewatch heat

_________________
Jammer XCI wrote:
My bong got broken tonight


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Movie-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 3:52 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 37854
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
I love Manhunter hard. It is pure Mann beauty. Probably his second best movie behind Heat.

i still need to rewatch heat

do it

_________________
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
What's going on in here

a lot of hurt


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Movie-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 3:53 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 52361
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
I love Manhunter hard. It is pure Mann beauty. Probably his second best movie behind Heat.

i still need to rewatch heat

do it

it's so long and i've lost all ability to concentrate on filmz

_________________
Jammer XCI wrote:
My bong got broken tonight


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Movie-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 3:53 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 37854
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
I love Manhunter hard. It is pure Mann beauty. Probably his second best movie behind Heat.

i still need to rewatch heat

do it

it's so long and i've lost all ability to concentrate on filmz

try going off all your meds, see if that helps

_________________
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
What's going on in here

a lot of hurt


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Movie-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 3:54 am 
Offline
User avatar
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 34560
Location: Donkeys live a long time.
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
I love Manhunter hard. It is pure Mann beauty. Probably his second best movie behind Heat. I kinda think Cox is a better Lecter than Hopkins too. He is much colder and steelier; you never know what he's up to.

I could totally believe Cox is a better Lecter. He's great.

_________________
Death is coming. Eat trash. Be free.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Movie-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 3:54 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 52361
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
I love Manhunter hard. It is pure Mann beauty. Probably his second best movie behind Heat.

i still need to rewatch heat

do it

it's so long and i've lost all ability to concentrate on filmz

try going off all your meds, see if that helps

:?

_________________
Jammer XCI wrote:
My bong got broken tonight


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Movie-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 3:55 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 37854
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
I love Manhunter hard. It is pure Mann beauty. Probably his second best movie behind Heat.

i still need to rewatch heat

do it

it's so long and i've lost all ability to concentrate on filmz

try going off all your meds, see if that helps

:?

i didnt mean it, dont do it!!!!!!!!

_________________
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
What's going on in here

a lot of hurt


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Movie-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 3:58 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 52361
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
I love Manhunter hard. It is pure Mann beauty. Probably his second best movie behind Heat.

i still need to rewatch heat

do it

it's so long and i've lost all ability to concentrate on filmz

try going off all your meds, see if that helps

:?

i didnt mean it, dont do it!!!!!!!!

too late

_________________
Jammer XCI wrote:
My bong got broken tonight


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Movie-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 4:08 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 37854
Now I'm just thinking about Manhunter. My god, what an absurdly beautiful movie. Look at the composition of light and shadow in this shot:

Image

The way the central source of light pours downward, backlighting the walking figure and creating contrast with the lamps on either side, which create an effect of emitting light upward into the dark top of the frame. Add that shadow in the middle of the central light reflecting off the brick and you have an immaculately composed shot. Stellar work by Mann and Spinotti. Just wow.

Here are some more amazing shots because I love this movie so much:

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

_________________
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
What's going on in here

a lot of hurt


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3414 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160 ... 171  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Tue November 13, 2018 5:45 am