Switch to full style
Books, movies, television...
Post a reply

Re: Post Random Movie-Related Thoughts You Have

Sat January 27, 2018 3:46 am

dimejinky99 wrote:Outside of Big and Forest Gump, name a Tom Hanks film where he actually acts and isn’t just Tom Hanks in it.

Road To Perdition.

Sat January 27, 2018 3:47 am

whatever he was doing in Cloud Atlas.

Sat January 27, 2018 3:48 am

VinylGuy wrote:Watching Eyes Wide Shut for the first in maybe....16 years. I went to see this one in the theater...almost what..20 years ago? Nicole Kidman is such a star...My god that initial shot is just breathless.

Wow. Of course i remembered Eyes Wide Shut being a masterpiece, but this new view took me for surprise...this movie is incredible. The fact that both Cruise and Kidman did it when they were a couple add a lot to them. Both of them are so fuckin good here...and Pollack? My god. What an amazing piece of art.

Sat January 27, 2018 3:48 am

Wait, both the Wachowskis are chicks now?

Wed January 31, 2018 6:09 pm

If I were to rank the 2018 Academy Award Best Picture Noms, I'd go (I haven't seen the *'d shows):
The Shape of Water
Get Out
Ladybird
Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri
Call Me By YOur Name
Dunkirk

*The Post
*Phantom Thread
*Darkest Hour

Fri February 02, 2018 4:36 am

VinylGuy wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:Watching Eyes Wide Shut for the first in maybe....16 years. I went to see this one in the theater...almost what..20 years ago? Nicole Kidman is such a star...My god that initial shot is just breathless.

Wow. Of course i remembered Eyes Wide Shut being a masterpiece, but this new view took me for surprise...this movie is incredible. The fact that both Cruise and Kidman did it when they were a couple add a lot to them. Both of them are so fuckin good here...and Pollack? My god. What an amazing piece of art.

I also thought this movie was pretty amazing after watching it again a few years ago vs. the first time I saw it. It's definitely underrated.

Fri February 02, 2018 2:00 pm

Orpheus wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:

I also thought this movie was pretty amazing after watching it again a few years ago vs. the first time I saw it. It's definitely underrated.

Its such a good movie. Weird, menacing, mysterious....Tom´s thoughts on his wife being fucked by another and his willing to do the same, but he just..cant for a reason...The ending?? wow. Nicole Kidman telling him they need to fuck when they arrive....wow.

Fri February 02, 2018 2:03 pm

Im thorn about The Post. I want to see it because its Spielberg but at the same time i dont need to see a movie about fucking journalists. I hate them. The idea of watching something that puts them into a pedestal seems like a waste of time.

Fri February 02, 2018 6:33 pm

Trumpism is alive in Central America.

Fri February 02, 2018 6:34 pm

bada wrote:Trumpism is alive in Central America.

Mon February 05, 2018 9:07 pm

When I saw the SB preview for "Skyscraper," I thought it was gonna be some kind of reboot for "Die Hard."

Mon February 05, 2018 9:07 pm

Me too. The money shots were awful.

Mon February 05, 2018 9:41 pm

You KNOW I am all in for Skyscraper. It looks absurd.

Mon February 05, 2018 9:43 pm

LoathedVermin72 wrote:You KNOW I am all in for Skyscraper. It looks absurd.

Never leave me, LV

Mon February 05, 2018 9:49 pm

E.H. Ruddock wrote:

Never leave me, LV

Between that and Rampage, 2018 is gonna be a good year

Mon February 05, 2018 9:56 pm

LoathedVermin72 wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

Never leave me, LV

I truly believe that one of these days, Dwayne Johnson really is going to save earth from the apocalypse.

Mon February 05, 2018 9:58 pm

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

Never leave me, LV

I truly believe that one of these days, Dwayne Johnson really is going to save earth from the apocalypse.

I mean...how do you know he already hasn’t? Think about it.

Mon February 05, 2018 10:24 pm

LoathedVermin72 wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

Never leave me, LV

I mean...how do you know he already hasn’t? Think about it.

Tue February 06, 2018 4:02 pm

Spoilers for both Logan and Les Miserables

Spoiler: show
Someone needs to make a third movie that ends with Hugh Jackman dying while holding his daughter's hand, to complete the trilogy

Tue February 06, 2018 4:27 pm

run2death wrote:When I saw the SB preview for "Skyscraper," I thought it was gonna be some kind of reboot for "Die Hard."

Me too. And I was so fucking happy when it wasn't a Die Hard remake. I think I was happier about that than the outcome of the fucking game.
Post a reply