The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3072 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148 ... 154  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Movie-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Sat January 27, 2018 3:46 am 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
Posts: 13447
dimejinky99 wrote:
Outside of Big and Forest Gump, name a Tom Hanks film where he actually acts and isn’t just Tom Hanks in it.


Road To Perdition.

_________________
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Movie-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Sat January 27, 2018 3:47 am 
Offline
User avatar
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 31269
Location: Anywhere mediocrity is celebrated.
whatever he was doing in Cloud Atlas.

_________________
"anticipation of death is worse than death itself" - Steven Seagal, Hard to Kill


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Movie-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Sat January 27, 2018 3:48 am 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
Posts: 13447
VinylGuy wrote:
Watching Eyes Wide Shut for the first in maybe....16 years. I went to see this one in the theater...almost what..20 years ago? Nicole Kidman is such a star...My god that initial shot is just breathless.


Wow. Of course i remembered Eyes Wide Shut being a masterpiece, but this new view took me for surprise...this movie is incredible. The fact that both Cruise and Kidman did it when they were a couple add a lot to them. Both of them are so fuckin good here...and Pollack? My god. What an amazing piece of art.

_________________
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Movie-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Sat January 27, 2018 3:48 am 
Offline
User avatar
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 31269
Location: Anywhere mediocrity is celebrated.
Wait, both the Wachowskis are chicks now?

_________________
"anticipation of death is worse than death itself" - Steven Seagal, Hard to Kill


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Movie-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Wed January 31, 2018 6:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 62302
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
If I were to rank the 2018 Academy Award Best Picture Noms, I'd go (I haven't seen the *'d shows):
The Shape of Water
Get Out
Ladybird
Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri
Call Me By YOur Name
Dunkirk

*The Post
*Phantom Thread
*Darkest Hour


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Movie-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Fri February 02, 2018 4:36 am 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 8:08 pm
Posts: 1971
VinylGuy wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
Watching Eyes Wide Shut for the first in maybe....16 years. I went to see this one in the theater...almost what..20 years ago? Nicole Kidman is such a star...My god that initial shot is just breathless.


Wow. Of course i remembered Eyes Wide Shut being a masterpiece, but this new view took me for surprise...this movie is incredible. The fact that both Cruise and Kidman did it when they were a couple add a lot to them. Both of them are so fuckin good here...and Pollack? My god. What an amazing piece of art.


I also thought this movie was pretty amazing after watching it again a few years ago vs. the first time I saw it. It's definitely underrated.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Movie-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Fri February 02, 2018 2:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
Posts: 13447
Orpheus wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
Watching Eyes Wide Shut for the first in maybe....16 years. I went to see this one in the theater...almost what..20 years ago? Nicole Kidman is such a star...My god that initial shot is just breathless.


Wow. Of course i remembered Eyes Wide Shut being a masterpiece, but this new view took me for surprise...this movie is incredible. The fact that both Cruise and Kidman did it when they were a couple add a lot to them. Both of them are so fuckin good here...and Pollack? My god. What an amazing piece of art.


I also thought this movie was pretty amazing after watching it again a few years ago vs. the first time I saw it. It's definitely underrated.


Its such a good movie. Weird, menacing, mysterious....Tom´s thoughts on his wife being fucked by another and his willing to do the same, but he just..cant for a reason...The ending?? wow. Nicole Kidman telling him they need to fuck when they arrive....wow.

_________________
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Movie-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Fri February 02, 2018 2:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
Posts: 13447
Im thorn about The Post. I want to see it because its Spielberg but at the same time i dont need to see a movie about fucking journalists. I hate them. The idea of watching something that puts them into a pedestal seems like a waste of time.

_________________
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Movie-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Fri February 02, 2018 6:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:53 pm
Posts: 8440
Trumpism is alive in Central America.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Movie-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Fri February 02, 2018 6:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar
"You kids quit having fun with the word filter!"
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:35 pm
Posts: 29916
Location: gone fishin'
bada wrote:
Trumpism is alive in Central America.

...

_________________
oh no!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Movie-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Mon February 05, 2018 9:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Mon March 18, 2013 11:48 pm
Posts: 2030
When I saw the SB preview for "Skyscraper," I thought it was gonna be some kind of reboot for "Die Hard."


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Movie-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Mon February 05, 2018 9:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:53 pm
Posts: 8440
Me too. The money shots were awful.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Movie-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Mon February 05, 2018 9:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 34150
Location: this field intentionally left blank
You KNOW I am all in for Skyscraper. It looks absurd.

_________________
Dev wrote:
it's really not surprising someone of your body type is a marxist.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Movie-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Mon February 05, 2018 9:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 48359
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
You KNOW I am all in for Skyscraper. It looks absurd.

Never leave me, LV

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Movie-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Mon February 05, 2018 9:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 34150
Location: this field intentionally left blank
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
You KNOW I am all in for Skyscraper. It looks absurd.

Never leave me, LV

Between that and Rampage, 2018 is gonna be a good year

_________________
Dev wrote:
it's really not surprising someone of your body type is a marxist.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Movie-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Mon February 05, 2018 9:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 48359
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
You KNOW I am all in for Skyscraper. It looks absurd.

Never leave me, LV

Between that and Rampage, 2018 is gonna be a good year

I truly believe that one of these days, Dwayne Johnson really is going to save earth from the apocalypse.

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Movie-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Mon February 05, 2018 9:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 34150
Location: this field intentionally left blank
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
You KNOW I am all in for Skyscraper. It looks absurd.

Never leave me, LV

Between that and Rampage, 2018 is gonna be a good year

I truly believe that one of these days, Dwayne Johnson really is going to save earth from the apocalypse.

I mean...how do you know he already hasn’t? Think about it.

_________________
Dev wrote:
it's really not surprising someone of your body type is a marxist.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Movie-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Mon February 05, 2018 10:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 48359
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
You KNOW I am all in for Skyscraper. It looks absurd.

Never leave me, LV

Between that and Rampage, 2018 is gonna be a good year

I truly believe that one of these days, Dwayne Johnson really is going to save earth from the apocalypse.

I mean...how do you know he already hasn’t? Think about it.

Image

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Movie-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Tue February 06, 2018 4:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar
"You kids quit having fun with the word filter!"
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:35 pm
Posts: 29916
Location: gone fishin'
Spoilers for both Logan and Les Miserables

Spoiler: show
Someone needs to make a third movie that ends with Hugh Jackman dying while holding his daughter's hand, to complete the trilogy

_________________
oh no!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Movie-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Tue February 06, 2018 4:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 62302
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
run2death wrote:
When I saw the SB preview for "Skyscraper," I thought it was gonna be some kind of reboot for "Die Hard."

Me too. And I was so fucking happy when it wasn't a Die Hard remake. I think I was happier about that than the outcome of the fucking game.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3072 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148 ... 154  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Mon May 21, 2018 7:25 am