The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7605 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 275, 276, 277, 278, 279, 280, 281 ... 381  Next
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Movie-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Fri December 31, 2021 4:32 am 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

I meant with their life. I want theatre managers' and Regal executives' heads on pikes

PostPosted: Fri December 31, 2021 4:32 am 
Production Police

Goodness

PostPosted: Fri December 31, 2021 4:37 am 
The Master

The Argonaut wrote:
I meant with their life. I want theatre managers' and Regal executives' heads on pikes

That's fair.

PostPosted: Fri December 31, 2021 5:03 am 

I'm old and I drink coffee all day. I need to pee a lot. Movies are all two and a half hours long all of a sudden for some reason. I need to pee right before the movie starts if I want to stand a chance at enjoying the second half of the show. Today I peed before I went into the theatre, watched a bunch of trailers, and then I went out to pee again during the J.Lo/Owen Wilson trailer. Then I came back and they still played two more trailers

PostPosted: Fri December 31, 2021 5:07 am 
The Master

I feel that. Even when I only drink water all day I still have to pee a lot.

PostPosted: Fri December 31, 2021 5:19 am 
The Master

You guys should probably get your prostates checked.

PostPosted: Fri December 31, 2021 5:20 am 
The Master

Maybe you could check each others.

Last edited by spike on Fri December 31, 2021 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri December 31, 2021 5:20 am 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

I haven't peed in 3 years

PostPosted: Fri December 31, 2021 5:23 am 
The Master

Yikes

PostPosted: Fri December 31, 2021 11:09 am 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

I show up twenty minutes late, but there are usually still more trailers waiting for me when I get there. Insane.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Fri December 31, 2021 11:52 am 
Production Police

I’d pay $20 to watch three hours of trailers if it meant three hours away from household and work responsibilities

PostPosted: Wed January 05, 2022 1:17 pm 
Production Police

tragabigzanda wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
if IP are so fucking important, you are killing a potentially big one right now. They spent a lot of money trying to make an event film and they are killing it by releasing it on streaming the very same day. Again, do it, but leave it on the theatres and Imax alone for 20 days, one month.

IP is a feature of their product; it drives the consumer benefit of choice. Warner is in a choice war with Netflix, Disney, etc.

Title-to-title box office battles are a thing of the past. Which platform offers the greatest number of high quality choices? How can they get new customers in the door to sample their buffet? By offering an exclusive viewing of a major motion picture that will drive online and dinner table discussion during the holiday season.

Vindicated!

HBO Max and HBO Ended 2021 With 73.8M Global Subscribers, Beating Company Forecast

The WarnerMedia streamer exceeded management's target range with a fourth-quarter content slate including 'Succession,' 'Dune' and 'Sex and the City' sequel series 'And Just Like That.'

Quote:
WarnerMedia’a streaming service HBO Max and HBO ended 2021 with about 73.8 million subscribers, exceeding management’s forecast, AT&T said on Wednesday.

The update from the telecom giant, in a regulatory filing before the stock market open, came before a session with AT&T CFO Pascal Desroches at the Citi AppsEconomy Conference.[…]

It cited “strong international and ad-supported subscriber growth,” which offset a user hit related to a strategic decision to remove the HBO subscription option from Amazon Prime Channels.
[…]
AT&T, led by CEO John Stankey, had said in March that HBO Max and HBO would reach between 120 million and 150 million on a combined basis by the end of 2025, up from a previous forecast of between 75 million and 90 million.

Wednesday’s update before Desroches’ appearance also said that AT&T recorded 3.2 million postpaid phone net user additions in 2021, its highest annual net adds figure “in more than a decade, as the company continues to benefit from strong network performance and its disciplined and consistent go-to-market strategy.”

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/busin ... 235069297/

PostPosted: Wed January 05, 2022 1:55 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

BurtReynolds wrote:
I show up twenty minutes late, but there are usually still more trailers waiting for me when I get there. Insane.

We sat through 24 minutes of trailers before Licorice Pizza last week. Insane.

PostPosted: Wed January 05, 2022 1:58 pm 
The Master

spike wrote:

If we pee a lot it means our bodies are flushing out toxins and operating at full efficiency.

PostPosted: Wed January 05, 2022 4:33 pm 
The Master

lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
spike wrote:

If we pee a lot it means our bodies are flushing out toxins and operating at full efficiency.

Maybe.

PostPosted: Wed January 05, 2022 5:14 pm 

tragabigzanda wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
if IP are so fucking important, you are killing a potentially big one right now. They spent a lot of money trying to make an event film and they are killing it by releasing it on streaming the very same day. Again, do it, but leave it on the theatres and Imax alone for 20 days, one month.

IP is a feature of their product; it drives the consumer benefit of choice. Warner is in a choice war with Netflix, Disney, etc.

Title-to-title box office battles are a thing of the past. Which platform offers the greatest number of high quality choices? How can they get new customers in the door to sample their buffet? By offering an exclusive viewing of a major motion picture that will drive online and dinner table discussion during the holiday season.

Vindicated!

HBO Max and HBO Ended 2021 With 73.8M Global Subscribers, Beating Company Forecast

The WarnerMedia streamer exceeded management's target range with a fourth-quarter content slate including 'Succession,' 'Dune' and 'Sex and the City' sequel series 'And Just Like That.'

Quote:
WarnerMedia’a streaming service HBO Max and HBO ended 2021 with about 73.8 million subscribers, exceeding management’s forecast, AT&T said on Wednesday.

The update from the telecom giant, in a regulatory filing before the stock market open, came before a session with AT&T CFO Pascal Desroches at the Citi AppsEconomy Conference.[…]

It cited “strong international and ad-supported subscriber growth,” which offset a user hit related to a strategic decision to remove the HBO subscription option from Amazon Prime Channels.
[…]
AT&T, led by CEO John Stankey, had said in March that HBO Max and HBO would reach between 120 million and 150 million on a combined basis by the end of 2025, up from a previous forecast of between 75 million and 90 million.

Wednesday’s update before Desroches’ appearance also said that AT&T recorded 3.2 million postpaid phone net user additions in 2021, its highest annual net adds figure “in more than a decade, as the company continues to benefit from strong network performance and its disciplined and consistent go-to-market strategy.”

This is like rounding the first lap of a mile race in first place and claiming victory. They mortgaged their future for a short term bump to save some suits their jobs. Congrats.

PostPosted: Wed January 05, 2022 5:20 pm 

Yeah, that number seems like the Netflix data where they say insane things like "3.3 billion people watched this movie" and then it comes out two weeks later that they got to that number by counting all the accounts who watched it for at least two minutes and estimated that there were fourteen people huddled in a room together watching it on each of those accounts

PostPosted: Wed January 05, 2022 5:37 pm 
Production Police

bada wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:

Vindicated!

Quote:

[…]

This is like rounding the first lap of a mile race in first place and claiming victory. They mortgaged their future for a short term bump to save some suits their jobs. Congrats.

How do you figure? They effectively did two things here:

1. Sent a clear message to the marketplace that they will continue to be a premier location for top-tier day-and-date streaming content, and

2. They don't need Amazon to meet their subscription targets.

Considering their merger with ATT and the real likelihood that many Amazon Prime subscribers will be using their infrastructure to watch Prime content, this is a pretty successful power play, IMO

PostPosted: Wed January 05, 2022 6:08 pm 

I don't think day and date is sustainable over the long term and the damage to relationships with talent that they created with this stunt are unlikely to be repaired. Bean counters can't actually make the product. We'll see.

PostPosted: Wed January 05, 2022 6:12 pm 
Production Police

bada wrote:
I don't think day and date is sustainable over the long term and the damage to relationships with talent that they created with this stunt are unlikely to be repaired. Bean counters can't actually make the product. We'll see.

HBO has been in the business of content creation and delivery for over 30 years, while Netflix, Amazon, and Hulu have been doing it for much less. This is an integration of their core service with the underwriting technology that their competitors rely on. They're aiming for a monopoly of sorts, and so far they seem to be on track to achieve it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7605 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 275, 276, 277, 278, 279, 280, 281 ... 381  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment