The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2852 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Movie-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Wed September 27, 2017 5:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 55153
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Talk to me about Red Desert (1964). Who has seen it? What do you think of it? Should I check it out?

Antonioni is one of the greatest filmmakers to ever live. Anything he made is worth seeking out. I don't love Red Desert, but I've been meaning to revisit it.

Which is your favorite of his work? And is that also the one you would recommend I start with if I've never seen any of his work?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Movie-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Wed September 27, 2017 6:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 31281
Location: this field intentionally left blank
durdencommatyler wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Talk to me about Red Desert (1964). Who has seen it? What do you think of it? Should I check it out?

Antonioni is one of the greatest filmmakers to ever live. Anything he made is worth seeking out. I don't love Red Desert, but I've been meaning to revisit it.

Which is your favorite of his work? And is that also the one you would recommend I start with if I've never seen any of his work?

The answer to both is L'avventura. A masterpiece that deserves all the acclaim it gets.

_________________
Kevin Davis wrote:
Bullshit, I am delightful.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Movie-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Wed September 27, 2017 8:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 55153
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Talk to me about Red Desert (1964). Who has seen it? What do you think of it? Should I check it out?

Antonioni is one of the greatest filmmakers to ever live. Anything he made is worth seeking out. I don't love Red Desert, but I've been meaning to revisit it.

Which is your favorite of his work? And is that also the one you would recommend I start with if I've never seen any of his work?

The answer to both is L'avventura. A masterpiece that deserves all the acclaim it gets.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Movie-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Wed September 27, 2017 8:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 1:53 pm
Posts: 11271
Location: in the wind
Blow-Up might be more accessible, though.

_________________
Citizens for Boysenberry Jam


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Movie-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Wed September 27, 2017 9:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 31281
Location: this field intentionally left blank
That one is a close second, for sure.

_________________
Kevin Davis wrote:
Bullshit, I am delightful.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Movie-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Wed September 27, 2017 9:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 55153
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
I'll add that one to the queue also.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Movie-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Thu September 28, 2017 5:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:03 pm
Posts: 3050
Location: Washington State
https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/20 ... l-new-cast

Oh come on.

_________________
"If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family Anatidae on our hands.”


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Movie-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Thu October 05, 2017 7:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 55153
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
Man... looking through the list of films that came out in 1999 and it really just might be the best year for movies in my lifetime, so far. Just maybe.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Movie-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Thu October 05, 2017 7:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 55153
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
I hate that Idris Elba keeps making movies that I'm probably not gonna see in theaters. He's better than that. He deserves more.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Movie-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Thu October 05, 2017 9:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 31281
Location: this field intentionally left blank
1999 was a fucking incredible movie year, for sure. One of the greats.

_________________
Kevin Davis wrote:
Bullshit, I am delightful.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Movie-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Thu October 05, 2017 9:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 37949
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
1999 was a fucking incredible movie year, for sure. One of the greats.

rank the films from that year

_________________
Dev wrote:
just cuz im clinically depressed doesn't mean im not a total gangster.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Movie-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Fri October 06, 2017 1:37 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 31281
Location: this field intentionally left blank
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
1999 was a fucking incredible movie year, for sure. One of the greats.

rank the films from that year

The Matrix
Eyes Wide Shut
The Ninth Gate
The Limey
Bleeder
Magnolia
Sleepy Hollow
Galaxy Quest
Office Space
Spring Forward
Beyond the Mat
Virus
The Mummy
8MM
The World is Not Enough
Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace
Audition
Being John Malkovich
Chill Factor
The Sixth Sense
Summer of Sam
Deep Blue Sea
The Blair Witch Project
Fight Club
Payback
Terror Firmer
The Insider
Toy Story 2
South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut
Analyze This
The Mod Squad
Ravenous
Lake Placid
The Thomas Crown Affair
Ghost Dog: The Way of the Samurai
Bringing out the Dead
Sweet and Lowdown
House on Haunted Hill
Thumb Wars: The Phantom Cuticle
Bowfinger
The Jack Bull
Get Bruce!
Black and White
Tarzan
Dogma
The Iron Giant
Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me
Three Kings
Pirates of Silicon Valley
Man on the Moon
Any Given Sunday
But I'm a Cheerleader!
Big Daddy
American Movie
In China They Eat Dogs
Stir of Echoes
Dead or Alive
American Beauty
The Muse
The Green Mile
Storm Catcher
The Virgin Suicides
Wishmaster 2: Evil Never Dies
The Base
The 13th Warrior
End of Days
The Boondock Saints
Mystery Men
Abuelitos
Deuce Bigalow: Male Gigolo
Wisconsin Death Trip
Random Hearts
eXistenZ
Universal Soldier: The Return

_________________
Kevin Davis wrote:
Bullshit, I am delightful.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Movie-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Fri October 06, 2017 2:10 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 30830
Location: Mountains
I cant believe fight club, big daddy, and boondock saints are so low on your list. Psycho.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Movie-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Fri October 06, 2017 3:20 am 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 08, 2013 10:23 pm
Posts: 1465
Boondock Saints is the movie equivalent of a Kid Rock album.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Movie-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Fri October 06, 2017 3:25 am 
Offline
User avatar
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 28881
Location: Anywhere mediocrity is celebrated.
bart wrote:
Boondock Saints is the movie equivalent of a Kid Rock album.

haha so true.

_________________
dev wrote:
Love pans out.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Movie-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Fri October 06, 2017 3:26 am 
Offline
User avatar
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 28881
Location: Anywhere mediocrity is celebrated.
Strat wrote:
I cant believe fight club, big daddy, and boondock saints are so low on your list. Psycho.

Don't try to understand LV's lists. That way leads to madness. Experience them, but let them pass through you.

_________________
dev wrote:
Love pans out.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Movie-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Fri October 06, 2017 3:34 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 30830
Location: Mountains
BurtReynolds wrote:
bart wrote:
Boondock Saints is the movie equivalent of a Kid Rock album.

haha so true.

yea but its entertaining as shit.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Movie-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Fri October 06, 2017 3:36 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 30830
Location: Mountains
and if there is any confusion here....

There is nothing entertaining about a nickelback song


Last edited by Strat on Fri October 06, 2017 3:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Movie-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Fri October 06, 2017 3:37 am 
Online
User avatar
"You kids quit having fun with the word filter!"
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:35 pm
Posts: 27201
Location: don't PM me I don't have anything
But how do you feel about Kid Rock

_________________
tragabigzanda wrote:
Stop it, this is pissing me off.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Movie-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Fri October 06, 2017 3:41 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 30830
Location: Mountains
Hilarious. i read that post minutes prior to responding.

Kid Rock/Nickelback. All the fucking same. Trash.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2852 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Tue November 21, 2017 11:45 am