Switch to full style
Books, movies, television...
Post a reply

Re: TV: Archer

Thu July 03, 2014 8:40 pm

I laughed the first time they presented Christian Slater as a mid-level drug trafficking lacky. There were a few good moments in each episode, usually....and the Krieger clones were a great idea that so far hasn't really paid off, but could lead somewhere good.

Not a great season. But it hasn't fallen as far as Always Sunny, which was weirdly predictable and almost totally dependent upon callback jokes last season.

Fri July 04, 2014 2:22 am

McParadigm wrote:I laughed the first time they presented Christian Slater as a mid-level drug trafficking lacky. There were a few good moments in each episode, usually....and the Krieger clones were a great idea that so far hasn't really paid off, but could lead somewhere good.

Not a great season. But it hasn't fallen as far as Always Sunny, which was weirdly predictable and almost totally dependent upon callback jokes last season.

wasn't that the premise of last season or am i thinking of the season before?

Sun March 08, 2015 6:04 pm

New season on Netflix now. I've got three episodes to go.

It definitely gets off to a rocky start, but gets better as it goes. The early episodes had too much gross Pam, too much Cheryl, and too much yelling.

Wed July 01, 2015 10:09 pm

this last season felt... safe. They are kinda running on empty but its still good for a laugh here and there.

Sat March 26, 2016 1:36 am

So I just discovered this. Loved the first episode. How long does this stay good for?

Sat March 26, 2016 2:03 am

At least 3 seasons

Sat March 26, 2016 2:03 am

First 2 are great, then it tapers off gradually.

Fri June 24, 2016 1:29 am

I find myself to be so disappointed in adults that haven't watched Archer. I feel like giving them a "boop" on the nose.

Tue December 20, 2016 1:09 pm

Season 7 has been great. Much better than 6. I'm laughing outloud in pretty much every episode.

Wed December 21, 2016 12:18 am

Yeah a lot of people talked shit about Archer Vice (5th season), but I still think that's one of the funniest ones. First season is by far the worst one.

I think the 8th season will start airing in March. Can't fucking wait. Gonna fix myself a black Mexican to chase my Glengoolie Blue with.

Fri April 07, 2017 5:02 am

...so you dinguses see the first episode of Archer: Dreamland yet?

Fri April 07, 2017 5:15 am

The last season fixed some of the problems, but it's still running on fumes.

Maybe 8 will improve on it more.

Fri April 07, 2017 3:08 pm

You just reminded me I didn't watch last season at all. I've got such a TV backlog that I think I'll just have to drop some shows. That or take a week off just to watch television.

Fri April 07, 2017 10:56 pm

bune wrote:You just reminded me I didn't watch last season at all. I've got such a TV backlog that I think I'll just have to drop some shows. That or take a week off just to watch television.

it just dropped on Netflix I think.

Sat April 08, 2017 12:56 am

Jammer XCI wrote:...so you dinguses see the first episode of Archer: Dreamland yet?

I did.

Mon June 04, 2018 4:49 pm

This season has been pretty bland so far.

Thu June 21, 2018 10:20 am

Wow, the finale was hilarious. Saved a lackluster run.
Post a reply