The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 435 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 22  Next
 Post subject: Re: TV: The Leftovers (HBO)
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 6:45 pm 
post-structuralist

spike wrote:
malice wrote:
so was that actually evie last night visiting kevin from the dead? I mean i get he was seeing her when it was actually another person, but was she there in the same way patty was there?

i'm starting to wonder if this whole departure thing even happened, and we're just seeing the world through a bunch of crazy peoples' eyes.

I really enjoy this series, and look forward to new episodes, but theres been a ton of plot lines that start out very interesting and unravel into absolutely nothing. Im getting tired of that. If they're going to do the plot twists, they could at least have the decency to roll it into the plot. I mean how many murder mysteries out there introduce a gun/knife/blunt instrument and make the detective throw it out halfway through the book because they deem it unnecessary...

Spoiler: show
people change. people stay the same. people are so often disappointing - random PM, person unnamed

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 6:53 pm 
The Master

malice wrote:
spike wrote:
malice wrote:
so was that actually evie last night visiting kevin from the dead? I mean i get he was seeing her when it was actually another person, but was she there in the same way patty was there?

i'm starting to wonder if this whole departure thing even happened, and we're just seeing the world through a bunch of crazy peoples' eyes.

I really enjoy this series, and look forward to new episodes, but theres been a ton of plot lines that start out very interesting and unravel into absolutely nothing. Im getting tired of that. If they're going to do the plot twists, they could at least have the decency to roll it into the plot. I mean how many murder mysteries out there introduce a gun/knife/blunt instrument and make the detective throw it out halfway through the book because they deem it unnecessary...

life is pointless, we're all alone.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 7:25 pm 
post-structuralist

spike wrote:
malice wrote:
spike wrote:
malice wrote:

where's lenny?

people change. people stay the same. people are so often disappointing - random PM, person unnamed

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 9:03 pm 
The Master

malice wrote:
spike wrote:
malice wrote:
spike wrote:
malice wrote:

where's lenny?

You reckon lenny would let that baby die to cure cancer?

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 10:38 pm 
slower than 82% of US

spike wrote:
malice wrote:
spike wrote:
malice wrote:
spike wrote:
malice wrote:

where's lenny?

so Nora answered yes
guy in the desert that burned himself said no (i think, i know Kevin Sr said he wouldnt)

what answer are they looking for?

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 2:28 pm 
post-structuralist

Mecca wrote:
spike wrote:
malice wrote:
spike wrote:
malice wrote:
spike wrote:
malice wrote:

where's lenny?

so Nora answered yes
guy in the desert that burned himself said no (i think, i know Kevin Sr said he wouldnt)

what answer are they looking for?

the articles i googled on it says it's supposed to be a test to the reaction you have as opposed to the answer you give, either that or nora is pregnant and they turned her down because of that, not the question.

also, anyone know why nora kept having weirdo effects on the electronic stuff all over the place?

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 2:22 pm 
The Master

wow, what an episode.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 2:58 pm 
post-structuralist

spike wrote:
wow, what an episode.

they only have 2 episodes left. it's not enough.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 3:17 pm 
The Master

I'm two episodes behind. This baby thing is ruining my TV watching.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 2:28 am 
The Master

This is the best show.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 1:15 pm 
post-structuralist

spike wrote:
This is the best show.

theyre basically giving one episode to each of the characters this last season. I'm put off by that

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 4:16 am 
The Master

malice wrote:
spike wrote:
This is the best show.

theyre basically giving one episode to each of the characters this last season. I'm put off by that

you just want more shirtless kevin garvey

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 6:26 am 
The Master

That Matt-centric episode was kind of odd, but so captivating.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 2:45 pm 
post-structuralist

spike wrote:
malice wrote:
spike wrote:
This is the best show.

:oops: is that so wrong? (sans beard please)

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 2:56 am 
The Master

malice wrote:
spike wrote:
malice wrote:
spike wrote:
This is the best show.

what's wrong with beards :(

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 4:17 am 
slower than 82% of US

spike wrote:
malice wrote:
spike wrote:
malice wrote:
spike wrote:
This is the best show.

what's wrong with beards :(

:cry: :cry:

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 11:49 am 
post-structuralist

he's just better looking without it. I think most men look better clean shaven, but beards are fine if they're kept fairly close to the face.

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 2:20 am 
post-structuralist

ok, i forgive them for the other episodes

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 7:30 pm 
slower than 82% of US

malice wrote:

is this because of the bathtub scene without a beard?

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 11:09 pm 
post-structuralist

Mecca wrote:
malice wrote:

is this because of the bathtub scene without a beard?

I figured spike or remod would ask that as soon as they started that scene, but honestly, i was thrilled it was one of the freaky bizzarro dead in an alternative reality shows, not that it made any more sense than the others (or just about any show from this series), but they've been the most entertaining. Funny, interesting, weird, baffling, all the best things about the show in general.

(i have to admit though, justin theroux has a bangin body, holy shit, all muscle and tendon. What the hell does this guy do to stay in that kind of shape? enter a triathlon every week?)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 435 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 22  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment