Switch to full style
Books, movies, television...
Post a reply

Re: HBO: Last Week Tonight

Mon March 09, 2015 9:32 pm

I am very much pro daylight savings time. I get home from work around 6 and I enjoy the extra daylight. Changing the clocks is strangely kind of fun to me.

Tue March 10, 2015 3:31 pm

Spoiler: show
john oliver drops f bombs in the next ep

Tue March 10, 2015 5:39 pm

I'm all for getting rid of the clock changing ritual as long as we stay on EDT, or more simply, just switch to AST.

Tue March 10, 2015 6:20 pm

My wife cried during the segment on territory voting rights. They've got to clean that shit up. Surprised he also didn't mention that DC residents get no vote in the legislature, but of course it was focused on how people in the territories are still, legally, weird aliens.

Mon March 16, 2015 6:58 pm

Mon March 16, 2015 10:26 pm

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Fri April 03, 2015 3:15 am

Fri April 03, 2015 3:39 am

thats painful

Mon April 06, 2015 4:50 pm

Mon April 06, 2015 11:00 pm

No one is doing a better job with type of show now. I love The Daily Show as much as anyone but Last Week Tonight is eating their lunch. You can't even call it fake news; it's a news show period.

Tue April 07, 2015 7:37 pm

Biff Pocoroba wrote:No one is doing a better job with type of show now. I love The Daily Show as much as anyone but Last Week Tonight is eating their lunch. You can't even call it fake news; it's a news show period.

Agree 100%, this is great journalism. It feels totally wrong to say that someone is doing this better than Jon Stewart, but it seems to be happening.

Tue April 07, 2015 8:16 pm

Rob wrote:
Biff Pocoroba wrote:No one is doing a better job with type of show now. I love The Daily Show as much as anyone but Last Week Tonight is eating their lunch. You can't even call it fake news; it's a news show period.

Agree 100%, this is great journalism. It feels totally wrong to say that someone is doing this better than Jon Stewart, but it seems to be happening.

Ever since he announced that he's stepping down, I've just gotten the sense that Stewart is tired of the political climate in America that his show has thrived on. The show has lost a lot of the verve and biting edge that it's had for years. Oliver's program doesn't rely so heavily on partisan politics, and they've found a way to make asking extremely difficult questions funny, provocative, and challenging. Doing only one show per week for like 25 weeks a year makes me think that it'll have a long life.

Wed April 08, 2015 12:58 pm

I've felt that way about John Stewart since his return from directing.

Mon April 27, 2015 2:33 am

Mon April 27, 2015 4:38 pm

Mon May 04, 2015 7:08 pm

Tue May 19, 2015 2:34 am

Wed May 20, 2015 6:24 pm

can this show be distributed in podcast form please

Wed May 20, 2015 11:01 pm

LoathedVermin72 wrote:can this show be distributed in podcast form please

Definitely- you came to the right place to make that happen.

Good job

:thumbsup:

Wed May 20, 2015 11:04 pm

I feel like he's scraping the bottom of the barrel for issues to get people worked up about.
Post a reply