The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 429 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22
 Post subject: Re: TV: The Strain (FX) (Del Toro)
PostPosted: Sat September 23, 2017 10:44 am 
Looks Like a Cat

I was satisfied with the end.

Spoiler: show
Said my wife never. :shock:

PostPosted: Sat September 23, 2017 11:41 am 
Champion of RM

It was a good final season. The only episode that sucked was the Zach heavy episode towards the end. I was disappointed that he nuked the Master. I wish the Master nuked him. I hated that kid.

PostPosted: Sat September 23, 2017 2:08 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Did they bring the angel aspect into it?
Quote:
Two years have passed since the vampires, led by the Master, used atomic weapons to create a nuclear winter, blocking the sun almost continuously and allowing the vampires to move freely, except for 2–3 hours when sunlight filters through. The vampires have restructured society as a police state. The strongest and most influential humans have been exterminated; and those spared are used as slaves, while the infirm and weak have been herded into camps to harvest their blood.

A few survivors continue to resist the vampire occupation. Epidemiologist Dr. Ephraim Goodweather grows distant from his friends: the Master, now occupying the body of rock star Gabriel Bolivar, has adopted Goodweather's son, Zach, as his protégé and is grooming the boy to be his next host body. Goodweather's lover, Dr. Nora Martinez, leaves him for exterminator Vasiliy Fet. Following his friend Abraham Setrakian's death, Fet struggles to decipher the Occido Lumen, a tome possibly holding the key to defeating the Master. He is aided by Mr. Quinlan, the vengeful half-vampire who was first created when the Master infected his then-pregnant, human mother.

Flashbacks to biblical times reveal the vampire race's origins: the seven Ancients, including the Master, arose from Ozryel. Ozryel was an archangel of death, one of the three angels that God sent to destroy the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah for their wickedness. Ozryel was overcome with bloodlust while the cities were destroyed. God punished him by having the other archangels cut his body into seven pieces and scattering them across the Earth. Over time, Ozryel's blood leaked from the burial sites and became sentient, thus spawning the Ancient Ones. The Master was spawned last, from Ozryel's throat, and so was referred to as "the Young One" by the other Ancients.

Goodweather finally deciphers the Occido Lumen and determines that the Master originated on one of the Thousand Islands in Lake Ontario. The survivors detonate a nuclear weapon on the island. Goodweather, Zach, and Mr. Quinlan are killed, but the Master's strain is permanently eradicated. In the aftermath of the explosion, Nora and Vasily witness Ozryel, presumably purified, reunited with Gabriel and Michael, who have come to return him to Heaven. This was possible because Mr. Quinlan brought the other Ancients' ashes with him, following instructions he read in the Lumen. All the vampires disintegrate, and the surviving humans rebuild society. Nora and Vasiliy move to Vermont, where they have two children: a boy named Ephraim after Goodweather and a girl named Mariela after Nora's mother.

PostPosted: Tue September 26, 2017 5:30 pm 
Future Drummer

bune wrote:
Did they bring the angel aspect into it?
Quote:
Two years have passed since the vampires, led by the Master, used atomic weapons to create a nuclear winter, blocking the sun almost continuously and allowing the vampires to move freely, except for 2–3 hours when sunlight filters through. The vampires have restructured society as a police state. The strongest and most influential humans have been exterminated; and those spared are used as slaves, while the infirm and weak have been herded into camps to harvest their blood.

A few survivors continue to resist the vampire occupation. Epidemiologist Dr. Ephraim Goodweather grows distant from his friends: the Master, now occupying the body of rock star Gabriel Bolivar, has adopted Goodweather's son, Zach, as his protégé and is grooming the boy to be his next host body. Goodweather's lover, Dr. Nora Martinez, leaves him for exterminator Vasiliy Fet. Following his friend Abraham Setrakian's death, Fet struggles to decipher the Occido Lumen, a tome possibly holding the key to defeating the Master. He is aided by Mr. Quinlan, the vengeful half-vampire who was first created when the Master infected his then-pregnant, human mother.

Flashbacks to biblical times reveal the vampire race's origins: the seven Ancients, including the Master, arose from Ozryel. Ozryel was an archangel of death, one of the three angels that God sent to destroy the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah for their wickedness. Ozryel was overcome with bloodlust while the cities were destroyed. God punished him by having the other archangels cut his body into seven pieces and scattering them across the Earth. Over time, Ozryel's blood leaked from the burial sites and became sentient, thus spawning the Ancient Ones. The Master was spawned last, from Ozryel's throat, and so was referred to as "the Young One" by the other Ancients.

Goodweather finally deciphers the Occido Lumen and determines that the Master originated on one of the Thousand Islands in Lake Ontario. The survivors detonate a nuclear weapon on the island. Goodweather, Zach, and Mr. Quinlan are killed, but the Master's strain is permanently eradicated. In the aftermath of the explosion, Nora and Vasily witness Ozryel, presumably purified, reunited with Gabriel and Michael, who have come to return him to Heaven. This was possible because Mr. Quinlan brought the other Ancients' ashes with him, following instructions he read in the Lumen. All the vampires disintegrate, and the surviving humans rebuild society. Nora and Vasiliy move to Vermont, where they have two children: a boy named Ephraim after Goodweather and a girl named Mariela after Nora's mother.

I wish they would of kept more to this story. In the end the lumen didn't play a big factor.

PostPosted: Wed September 27, 2017 1:06 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

It was a little strange that after seasons of struggle to get the lumen, it turned out to be a big nothingburger.

PostPosted: Thu October 19, 2017 2:32 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

So Season 3 was the end?

That battle between Quinlan and the Ancients vs. the vamps was pretty cool. So was the nuke at the end, especially when it hit Eichorst's car.

PostPosted: Thu October 19, 2017 2:39 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

It looks like Ruddo posted this back in the day, but the video he posted is a dead link. So, I'm posting again, b/c I just saw it for the first time. :nice:

PostPosted: Thu October 19, 2017 3:14 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

B wrote:
So Season 3 was the end?

That battle between Quinlan and the Ancients vs. the vamps was pretty cool. So was the nuke at the end, especially when it hit Eichorst's car.

No, there were 4 seasons.

PostPosted: Thu October 19, 2017 3:32 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

Cool. I guess I need to leave this thread for a while. :gomez:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 429 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment