The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 348 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
 Post subject: Re: HBO: Silicon Valley
PostPosted: Fri December 13, 2019 6:22 pm 
TIER 1 Essential Critical Infrastructure Worker

I liked Middleditch in the Richard role but the supporting characters were extremely well cast.
The last season felt unneeded but as I mentioned before, the show was consistently enjoyable but never felt like one of my "must sees". Now that it's done I will probably forget about it quickly.
Whatever happened to TJ Miller? He seemed to disappear after he left the series.

PostPosted: Fri December 13, 2019 6:53 pm 
Production Police

Biff Pocoroba wrote:
Whatever happened to TJ Miller? He seemed to disappear after he left the series.

All the stuff that came out after made it seem like he was a narcissist, an addict, and would often position himself as "above the material" or "too smart for conventional audiences" out of some weird fear-based defense mechanism. Like his entire post-firing interview circuit was variations on "I'm drunk right now and fuck anyone who doesn't get my creative genius." Funny how people like that don't get called back for more work.

PostPosted: Fri December 13, 2019 9:30 pm 
slower than 82% of US

tragabigzanda wrote:
Biff Pocoroba wrote:

All the stuff that came out after made it seem like he was a narcissist, an addict, and would often position himself as "above the material" or "too smart for conventional audiences" out of some weird fear-based defense mechanism. Like his entire post-firing interview circuit was variations on "I'm drunk right now and fuck anyone who doesn't get my creative genius." Funny how people like that don't get called back for more work.

He appeared to have a huge problem with Alec Berg.

Anyway, his comedy special kinda shed light on it. He brings up how he had a brain hemorrhage and was told he’d die from it, so he kinda said fuck it and wanted to do something else. His stand up is not great either. I remember long before he ever became more mainstream in his acting roles, he was shitting on Dane Cook popping in at one of the comedy clubs, but Miller’s brand of whacky yelling during his special reminded me of Dane Cook in a few ways

PostPosted: Fri December 13, 2019 9:34 pm 
Production Police

Mecca wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
Biff Pocoroba wrote:

He appeared to have a huge problem with Alec Berg.

Anyway, his comedy special kinda shed light on it. He brings up how he had a brain hemorrhage and was told he’d die from it, so he kinda said fuck it and wanted to do something else. His stand up is not great either. I remember long before he ever became more mainstream in his acting roles, he was shitting on Dane Cook popping in at one of the comedy clubs, but Miller’s brand of whacky yelling during his special reminded me of Dane Cook in a few ways

If I had any sort of deal with Alec Berg I would bend over backwards to make Alec happy.

PostPosted: Sat December 14, 2019 1:59 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

still haven't watched an episode of this

heard great things

maybe one day i will

just not totally sold yet that this industry is gonna take off

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Sat December 14, 2019 2:01 am 
slower than 82% of US

96583UP wrote:
still haven't watched an episode of this

heard great things

maybe one day i will

just not totally sold yet that this industry is gonna take off

Have you been workshopping that joke for 5 years?

PostPosted: Sat December 14, 2019 2:11 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

what joke

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Sun November 28, 2021 8:07 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

Currently watching s5. Its an ok show with a good cast and some cool jokes. Everything with Gavin is great.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 348 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment