The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1302 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: R.I.P.
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 1:04 am 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 08, 2013 10:23 pm
Posts: 1679
Also, Black Christmas was her best role.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: R.I.P.
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 2:10 am 
Offline
User avatar
"You kids quit having fun with the word filter!"
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:35 pm
Posts: 30048
Location: gone fishin'
Goddamn Family Guy is somehow always even worse than I remember

_________________
oh no!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: R.I.P.
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 2:23 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 46778
theplatypus wrote:
Goddamn Family Guy is somehow always even worse than I remember

you have terrible taste in comedies

_________________
Dev wrote:
just cuz im clinically depressed doesn't mean im not a total gangster.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: R.I.P.
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 2:55 am 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:28 pm
Posts: 8810
Location: Space City
Damn. They got Glenn Branca. :|


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: R.I.P.
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 3:25 am 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 19510
washing machine wrote:
Damn. They got Glenn Branca. :|

On the plus side, any one of his albums will make great funeral music.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: R.I.P.
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 4:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 19510
Tom Wolfe :(


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: R.I.P.
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 4:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 20489
she Was in an amazing film with gene wilder set in Dublin in the 60s. Well worth looking up. It’s on YouTube


_________________
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky-the Han Solo of RM.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: R.I.P.
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 4:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 34297
Location: this field intentionally left blank
tragabigzanda wrote:
Tom Wolfe :(

Ever seen De Palma’s adaptation of Bonfire?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: R.I.P.
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 5:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 19510
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
Tom Wolfe :(

Ever seen De Palma’s adaptation of Bonfire?

Never have, I hear it's awful.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: R.I.P.
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 5:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 34297
Location: this field intentionally left blank
tragabigzanda wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
Tom Wolfe :(

Ever seen De Palma’s adaptation of Bonfire?

Never have, I hear it's awful.

I fucking love it. You should give it a shot. It’s quite prescient.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: R.I.P.
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 5:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 19510
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
Tom Wolfe :(

Ever seen De Palma’s adaptation of Bonfire?

Never have, I hear it's awful.

I fucking love it. You should give it a shot. It’s quite prescient.

well damn. I'll check it out.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: R.I.P.
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 5:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 62711
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
tragabigzanda wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
Tom Wolfe :(

Ever seen De Palma’s adaptation of Bonfire?

Never have, I hear it's awful.

It's great!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: R.I.P.
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 5:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 19510
durdencommatyler wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
Tom Wolfe :(

Ever seen De Palma’s adaptation of Bonfire?

Never have, I hear it's awful.

It's great!

I SAID I WOULD CHECK IT OUT


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: R.I.P.
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 5:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar
"You kids quit having fun with the word filter!"
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:35 pm
Posts: 30048
Location: gone fishin'
Yeah. I think of it this way: no Tom Wolfe, no Bonfire of the Vanities, no Brian de Palma-filmed version of Bonfire of the Vanities, no The Devil's Candy: The Bonfire of the Vanities Goes to Hollywood, Julie Salamon's absolutely stellar 1992 book covering the production of said film start to stop, in doing so not only providing a general snapshot of time and place but an all too perfectly telling meditation on power, structural bias, sexism and much more in Hollywood. So even if he hadn't done anything else in his career, Tom Wolfe and his damned white suits brought some good to the world.

_________________
oh no!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: R.I.P.
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 5:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 19510
theplatypus wrote:
Yeah. I think of it this way: no Tom Wolfe, no Bonfire of the Vanities, no Brian de Palma-filmed version of Bonfire of the Vanities, no The Devil's Candy: The Bonfire of the Vanities Goes to Hollywood, Julie Salamon's absolutely stellar 1992 book covering the production of said film start to stop, in doing so not only providing a general snapshot of time and place but an all too perfectly telling meditation on power, structural bias, sexism and much more in Hollywood. So even if he hadn't done anything else in his career, Tom Wolfe and his damned white suits brought some good to the world.

Never even heard of this, but it sounds great. Will see if my library has it before ordering a used copy on Amazon. Thanks jorg.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: R.I.P.
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 7:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 62711
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
tragabigzanda wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
Tom Wolfe :(

Ever seen De Palma’s adaptation of Bonfire?

Never have, I hear it's awful.

It's great!

I SAID I WOULD CHECK IT OUT

GOOD


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: R.I.P.
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 7:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 62711
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
tragabigzanda wrote:
theplatypus wrote:
Yeah. I think of it this way: no Tom Wolfe, no Bonfire of the Vanities, no Brian de Palma-filmed version of Bonfire of the Vanities, no The Devil's Candy: The Bonfire of the Vanities Goes to Hollywood, Julie Salamon's absolutely stellar 1992 book covering the production of said film start to stop, in doing so not only providing a general snapshot of time and place but an all too perfectly telling meditation on power, structural bias, sexism and much more in Hollywood. So even if he hadn't done anything else in his career, Tom Wolfe and his damned white suits brought some good to the world.

Never even heard of this, but it sounds great. Will see if my library has it before ordering a used copy on Amazon. Thanks jorg.

Support the author and pay for the fucking book, trag.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: R.I.P.
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 8:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 19510
durdencommatyler wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
theplatypus wrote:
Yeah. I think of it this way: no Tom Wolfe, no Bonfire of the Vanities, no Brian de Palma-filmed version of Bonfire of the Vanities, no The Devil's Candy: The Bonfire of the Vanities Goes to Hollywood, Julie Salamon's absolutely stellar 1992 book covering the production of said film start to stop, in doing so not only providing a general snapshot of time and place but an all too perfectly telling meditation on power, structural bias, sexism and much more in Hollywood. So even if he hadn't done anything else in his career, Tom Wolfe and his damned white suits brought some good to the world.

Never even heard of this, but it sounds great. Will see if my library has it before ordering a used copy on Amazon. Thanks jorg.

Support the author and pay for the fucking book, trag.

But my taxes have already paid for the library to procure it for me.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: R.I.P.
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 8:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 62711
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
tragabigzanda wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
theplatypus wrote:
Yeah. I think of it this way: no Tom Wolfe, no Bonfire of the Vanities, no Brian de Palma-filmed version of Bonfire of the Vanities, no The Devil's Candy: The Bonfire of the Vanities Goes to Hollywood, Julie Salamon's absolutely stellar 1992 book covering the production of said film start to stop, in doing so not only providing a general snapshot of time and place but an all too perfectly telling meditation on power, structural bias, sexism and much more in Hollywood. So even if he hadn't done anything else in his career, Tom Wolfe and his damned white suits brought some good to the world.

Never even heard of this, but it sounds great. Will see if my library has it before ordering a used copy on Amazon. Thanks jorg.

Support the author and pay for the fucking book, trag.

But my taxes have already paid for the library to procure it for me.

The library is fine. I meant "used copy" from Amazon.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: R.I.P.
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 3:33 am 
Offline
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:45 pm
Posts: 20181
Location: the beach
Philip Roth :(


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1302 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: tree_ and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Mon May 28, 2018 3:41 am