The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1652 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 83  Next
 Post subject: Re: Calling All Comic Geeks!
PostPosted: Fri March 01, 2013 2:53 pm 
AnalLog

Well, aparently, Wolverine now is gay.

PostPosted: Fri March 01, 2013 9:58 pm 
AnalLog

KurtLeon wrote:
Well, aparently, Wolverine now is gay.

ummm? which version of Wolverine? lol
616 Wolverine was last seen hooking up with Storm on the last issue of Wolverine and the X-men lol

PostPosted: Fri March 01, 2013 10:02 pm 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

I think it's in X-Treme X-men which I believe is an alt timeline. I don't read that one.

PostPosted: Fri March 01, 2013 11:33 pm 
AnalLog

bada wrote:
I think it's in X-Treme X-men which I believe is an alt timeline. I don't read that one.

Yeah, is this one.
He is hooking up with Hercules

PostPosted: Sat March 02, 2013 5:16 am 
AnalLog

I think I remember the writer playing it off as...
"the dudes 100+ years old... and still in his... prime, and out lives everyone hes ever been with..."

still just seems like a cheap writing ploy to be controversial... take the most macho character and make him gay in an alternate universe
but it does follow the 2 rules to reading comic books.....
1 - anythings possible
2 - no one stays dead

PostPosted: Sun March 03, 2013 5:51 pm 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

That's my problem with comic books these days. Everything is a gimmick to generate controversy and drum up sales,|| or part of some giant cross-over.

PostPosted: Sun March 03, 2013 6:06 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Bringing Superman back was the end of it for me. My faith was shattered. Only read Spawn after that. And even that I only read to issue 102. Haven't really read a comic-book since.

PostPosted: Sun March 03, 2013 11:00 pm 

Reboots and events, characters dying and coming back and continuity errors really don't bother me. It's all in fun. The last Batman Inc was a bummer but what are you gonna do?

Batman is supposed to be starting an 11 or 12 issue arc this year with no crossovers. Of course if it sucks it'll be a long year.

PostPosted: Mon March 04, 2013 5:51 am 
AnalLog

bada wrote:
Reboots and events, characters dying and coming back and continuity errors really don't bother me. It's all in fun. The last Batman Inc was a bummer but what are you gonna do?

Batman is supposed to be starting an 11 or 12 issue arc this year with no crossovers. Of course if it sucks it'll be a long year.

Im totally the same way with that stuff... I mean, when you consider Wolverine was supposed to be, a half man / half Wolverine mutate... from Australia, with metal claws in his gloves... originally... and even made it onto the Spider Man and his Amazing Friends cartoon with the Aussie Accent. Or, the fact that Bucky Barnes coming back as Winter Soldier was still one of my all time favorite stories ever, not just comics, I really got into that arc... course... Cap should have stayed dead for a few years after that...

PostPosted: Mon March 04, 2013 3:04 pm 

X-Files Season 10!!!!!

Quote:
IDW and Twentieth Century Fox Consumer Products Announce Creative Team and Direction for THE X-FILES
Sunday, Mar 3rd, 2013
Chris Carter returns to Executive-Produce "Season 10"
San Diego, CA (March 3, 2013) - Fans of The X-FILES and the paranormal exploits of Special Agents Mulder and Scully are in for a treat! Today at Emerald City Comic-Con, IDW Publishing and Twentieth Century Fox Consumer Products announced the creative team for their upcoming comics based on the legendary television series. The entire project will be executive produced by THE X-FILES creator Chris Carter, who is returning in an active role to help steer his characters back to the forefront of popular culture once again.
THE X-FILES: SEASON 10 will be written by Joe Harris, writer of the acclaimed series Great Pacific, with art and colors by theComeback team of artist Michael Walsh and colorist Jordie Bellaire. Issue #1 will feature covers by Dave Johnson, Joe Corroney, and Carlos Valenzuela, along with a classic photo image of Mulder and Scully.

"It was already an incredibly exciting prospect to tell stories set after the second THE X-FILES movie, especially after Joe Harris worked up such a great plan in that regard," said Chris Ryall, IDW's Chief Creative Officer/Editor-in-Chief. "But my excitement level went off the charts after a meeting with Chris Carter, where he agreed to come aboard and executive produce our Season 10. In much the same way Joss Whedon steered our Angel: After the Fall series, Chris has graciously returned to do the same here. What do THE X-FILES look like in this increasingly paranoid and untrusting post-Wikileaks era? Well, they look like canon to me... and come June, the rest of the world will be able to see it for themselves, too."

In the opening story arc, "Believers," readers will catch up with Dana Scully and Fox Mulder, living normal lives together under secret identities. However, a visit from an old friend threatens to rip them from suburban anonymity, as they learn that someone is preying upon everyone involved in THE X-FILES. Prepare to revisit familiar faces-some very unexpected, threats old and new, and an intriguing mystery designed to return the beloved franchise to its former glory!

THE X-FILES: SEASON 10 launches this June when fans everywhere can enjoy a new supernatural experience.

THE X-FILES: SEASON 10 #1 (FC, 32 pages, $3.99). In stores 6/19/13

PostPosted: Tue March 05, 2013 8:40 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

bada wrote:
X-Files Season 10!!!!!

Quote:
IDW and Twentieth Century Fox Consumer Products Announce Creative Team and Direction for THE X-FILES
Sunday, Mar 3rd, 2013
San Diego, CA (March 3, 2013) - Fans of The X-FILES and the paranormal exploits of Special Agents Mulder and Scully are in for a treat! Today at Emerald City Comic-Con, IDW Publishing and Twentieth Century Fox Consumer Products announced the creative team for their upcoming comics based on the legendary television series. The entire project will be executive produced by THE X-FILES creator Chris Carter, who is returning in an active role to help steer his characters back to the forefront of popular culture once again.
THE X-FILES: SEASON 10 will be written by Joe Harris, writer of the acclaimed series Great Pacific, with art and colors by theComeback team of artist Michael Walsh and colorist Jordie Bellaire. Issue #1 will feature covers by Dave Johnson, Joe Corroney, and Carlos Valenzuela, along with a classic photo image of Mulder and Scully.

"It was already an incredibly exciting prospect to tell stories set after the second THE X-FILES movie, especially after Joe Harris worked up such a great plan in that regard," said Chris Ryall, IDW's Chief Creative Officer/Editor-in-Chief. "But my excitement level went off the charts after a meeting with Chris Carter, where he agreed to come aboard and executive produce our Season 10. In much the same way Joss Whedon steered our Angel: After the Fall series, Chris has graciously returned to do the same here. What do THE X-FILES look like in this increasingly paranoid and untrusting post-Wikileaks era? Well, they look like canon to me... and come June, the rest of the world will be able to see it for themselves, too."

In the opening story arc, "Believers," readers will catch up with Dana Scully and Fox Mulder, living normal lives together under secret identities. However, a visit from an old friend threatens to rip them from suburban anonymity, as they learn that someone is preying upon everyone involved in THE X-FILES. Prepare to revisit familiar faces-some very unexpected, threats old and new, and an intriguing mystery designed to return the beloved franchise to its former glory!

THE X-FILES: SEASON 10 launches this June when fans everywhere can enjoy a new supernatural experience.

:luv:

Yeah, I'm all in!

PostPosted: Thu March 07, 2013 8:53 am 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other
 WWW  Profile

Location: North of Sunny Golf, East of Neon Cash, South of Potato Lotto, West of Cowboy Booze/Fireworks
Pick of the Week: 6-March 2013

PostPosted: Thu March 07, 2013 1:25 pm 
Future Drummer

durdencommatyler wrote:
bada wrote:
X-Files Season 10!!!!!

Quote:
Sunday, Mar 3rd, 2013

:luv:

Yeah, I'm all in!

PostPosted: Thu March 07, 2013 2:32 pm 

Wes C. Addle wrote:
Pick of the Week: 6-March 2013

Thx you saved me the hassle of trying to find a jpg this week! :D

PostPosted: Fri March 08, 2013 12:06 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

anyone ever buy digital comics? thoughts?

PostPosted: Fri March 08, 2013 2:02 am 
AnalLog

Anyone into X-O Manowar? I just randomly got a copy of issue 8 and loved it. I went back and read 1-10, and I gotta say this is maybe my favorite current comic. PLANET DEATH!!!

PostPosted: Fri March 08, 2013 3:51 am 

HardTI wrote:
Anyone into X-O Manowar? I just randomly got a copy of issue 8 and loved it. I went back and read 1-10, and I gotta say this is maybe my favorite current comic. PLANET DEATH!!!

Yes! It's easily my favorite from the Valiant line. I'm a few issues behind though.

PostPosted: Fri March 08, 2013 6:39 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

this is sweet

http://gizmodo.com/5989011/marvel-unlimited-marvels-spotify-for-comics-is-out-now-for-ios

PostPosted: Sat March 09, 2013 3:13 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

mike deodato and bryan hitch may be my fave artists out there

on a side note i watched part two of dark knight returns. good freaking lord was it awesome

PostPosted: Sat March 09, 2013 4:41 pm 
Future Drummer

bada wrote:
HardTI wrote:

Yes! It's easily my favorite from the Valiant line. I'm a few issues behind though.

I had no idea Valiant titles were still in production. I remember when they began, I got a ton of early series issues but none seemed to grab me at the time. I do recall enjoying the art though.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1652 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 83  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment