The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1657 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 83  Next
 Post subject: Re: Calling All Comic Geeks!
PostPosted: Fri January 18, 2013 9:14 am 
AnalLog

This is one hobby I wish I had the time and money for.

PostPosted: Fri January 18, 2013 2:37 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Soma. wrote:

it can definitely be expensive if you wanna read a lot of different stuff, i havent been in to pick my stuff up in like a month and im expecting it to be 75 or 80 bucks worth of stuff :gomez:

PostPosted: Fri January 18, 2013 5:38 pm 
AnalLog

Soma. wrote:

yeah... it definitely takes alot of devotion, time, money, and, well, looking past bad story arcs waiting for the next great one haha

PostPosted: Fri January 25, 2013 3:08 pm 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

Pick of the week: 01-23-2013

PostPosted: Fri January 25, 2013 4:10 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

i finally picked up my stuff after 6 weeks and was surprised by the fact that it was almost $100, i didnt really look through it though, but when i got home it seems like half of it is DC cross over stuff and im getting a bit aggravated with all of it, i dont really want to keep up with all these books that i wont read after the cross overs are done, and its costing me an arm and a leg these last few months anyway. im gonna have to make some changes next time i stop at the comic shop

PostPosted: Fri January 25, 2013 5:48 pm 

Do you have a iPad?

PostPosted: Fri January 25, 2013 6:34 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

bada wrote:
Do you have a iPad?

i have an android tablet

PostPosted: Fri January 25, 2013 8:20 pm 

Get a comic book reader app. There are prob some for free. In the other bands forum you post in a thread that implies you are Internet savvy as far as "finding" things. Comics are no different than any other type of media.

PostPosted: Fri January 25, 2013 9:07 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

bada wrote:
Get a comic book reader app. There are prob some for free. In the other bands forum you post in a thread that implies you are Internet savvy as far as "finding" things. Comics are no different than any other type of media.

i see, i never even thought to try that, thanks for the heads up

PostPosted: Sat January 26, 2013 12:05 am 
Future Drummer

bada wrote:

:lol: I love the subtle wording. This phenomena is the main reason I got back into comic books.

PostPosted: Sat January 26, 2013 5:23 am 
AnalLog

doone wrote:
bada wrote:

:lol: I love the subtle wording. This phenomena is the main reason I got back into comic books.

yeah, that can definitely save you money, I know I found one awhile ago that had X-men 1-550+, plus the annuals. Ill still buy all the giant size / omnibus's of Xmen back issues though...

course now with Pearl Jam touring... there goes my spare comic book money for awhile lol

PostPosted: Mon January 28, 2013 10:18 pm 

Anyone read Avengers #3? I had a hell of a time following it. I had no idea who half the characters were!

PostPosted: Tue January 29, 2013 9:11 am 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other
 WWW  Profile

Location: North of Sunny Golf, East of Neon Cash, South of Potato Lotto, West of Cowboy Booze/Fireworks
bada wrote:
Anyone read Avengers #3? I had a hell of a time following it. I had no idea who half the characters were!

Really wasn't the point of knowing all the characters, just a point of how Capn America said that they needed to be bigger to defeat the Garden martians.

PostPosted: Tue January 29, 2013 9:15 am 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other
 WWW  Profile

Location: North of Sunny Golf, East of Neon Cash, South of Potato Lotto, West of Cowboy Booze/Fireworks
Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:
i finally picked up my stuff after 6 weeks and was surprised by the fact that it was almost $100, i didnt really look through it though, but when i got home it seems like half of it is DC cross over stuff and im getting a bit aggravated with all of it, i dont really want to keep up with all these books that i wont read after the cross overs are done, and its costing me an arm and a leg these last few months anyway. im gonna have to make some changes next time i stop at the comic shop

Shit, I hate when I don't go in every week. And this happens to me, I'm like welp, there goes my paycheck.

But also the only DC cross over that I read is the Batman family of books. So right now I'm getting slammed by "Death of the Family". Then also I'm getting slammed by all the Before Watchmen comics, but these are almost done.

Mostly I'm just getting overwhelmed with MarvelNOW, but just like DC's New52s. I read all the first story arcs, then decided which to keep, this is what I'll do with MarvelNOW.

PostPosted: Tue January 29, 2013 12:57 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Wes C. Addle wrote:
Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:

Shit, I hate when I don't go in every week. And this happens to me, I'm like welp, there goes my paycheck.

But also the only DC cross over that I read is the Batman family of books. So right now I'm getting slammed by "Death of the Family". Then also I'm getting slammed by all the Before Watchmen comics, but these are almost done.

Mostly I'm just getting overwhelmed with MarvelNOW, but just like DC's New52s. I read all the first story arcs, then decided which to keep, this is what I'll do with MarvelNOW.

the batman stuff doesnt bother me because i was already reading Batman, Batman and Robin, Nightwing, Batgirl, Dark Knight, and Detective Comics, but i was trying to read Green Lantern and im getting 4 books a month for that, and with justice league i think im gonna be getting like 3, its just too much, so i think im gonna wait until thursday so its not too crazy in the store and just let then know that im just wanting the books i have marked on my list and none of the crossovers, and if i get a little lost then ill find what i need to know online. but i really need to cut back a bit, im about 2 months behind and have no idea how ill catch up :lol:

PostPosted: Tue January 29, 2013 1:04 pm 
Broken Tamborine

I love storm with the mohawk :)

any one read Brian K Vaughn's series Saga?

It has some nice reveiws includeing Patrick Rothfuss who gushed over it. I was thinking about picking it up

PostPosted: Tue January 29, 2013 1:52 pm 

Wes C. Addle wrote:
bada wrote:

Really wasn't the point of knowing all the characters, just a point of how Capn America said that they needed to be bigger to defeat the Garden martians.

Well yeah Capt said they needed to get bigger 15 times during the first three issues I could follow that. It was the character I never heard of being possessed by the spirit of a character I never heard of magically saving the day that left me scratching my head. That and the guy who easily beat up the Hulk. Hyperion or something. If they are putting together a team of this many heavy hitters who could possibly be a threat?

PostPosted: Thu January 31, 2013 11:43 pm 

Pick of the week: 01-30-2013

PostPosted: Fri February 01, 2013 2:10 am 
A Return To Form
 WWW  Profile

intodeep wrote:
I love storm with the mohawk :)

any one read Brian K Vaughn's series Saga?

It has some nice reveiws includeing Patrick Rothfuss who gushed over it. I was thinking about picking it up

I picked up the first TPB vol a couple weeks ago. Really liked it. A lot of different themes and ideas going on, great art and story.

PostPosted: Fri February 08, 2013 4:25 pm 

Pick of the week: 02-06-2013

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1657 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 83  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment