The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1652 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 83  Next
 Post subject: Re: Calling All Comic Geeks!
PostPosted: Sat March 09, 2013 5:06 pm 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

oasisfan35 wrote:
bada wrote:
HardTI wrote:
Anyone into X-O Manowar? I just randomly got a copy of issue 8 and loved it. I went back and read 1-10, and I gotta say this is maybe my favorite current comic. PLANET DEATH!!!

Yes! It's easily my favorite from the Valiant line. I'm a few issues behind though.

I had no idea Valiant titles were still in production. I remember when they began, I got a ton of early series issues but none seemed to grab me at the time. I do recall enjoying the art though.

They folded for a few years but just relaunched again last year. They only have like 6 titles out I think.

PostPosted: Tue March 12, 2013 1:25 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

if you have the marvel app you can download a shit ton of comics for free until sometime tomorrow

PostPosted: Fri March 15, 2013 5:04 pm 

Pick of the week: 03-13-2013

PostPosted: Sat March 16, 2013 8:37 pm 
AnalLog

bada wrote:

Man, that was such a good issue. Todd, The Ugliest Kid on Earth would be my runner up this week. That's such a bizarre comic.

PostPosted: Sat March 16, 2013 10:33 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

bada wrote:

They are saying this one is a masterpiece.

PostPosted: Sun March 17, 2013 1:32 pm 
AnalLog

VinylGuy wrote:
bada wrote:

Have you read it yet? I'm not sure that I would call it a masterpiece, but it is pretty awesome.
I'm really excited for the Batman & issues coming up. Comic Vine has a preview of the next Red Hood comic and it looks pretty awesome. I can't wait to see how fucked up Jason is.

PostPosted: Sun March 17, 2013 9:38 pm 

It was an excellent comic. Can't say if it's masterpiece level but there were surely a few panels that were pretty masterful. The close up of Batman's face before he lost it....pure rage.

PostPosted: Mon March 18, 2013 12:10 pm 
Future Drummer

Finished reading the Sword of Azrael mini-series last night, will hopefully start Vengeance of Bane tonight. This arc was so long ago I felt I wanted to revisit it plus I know I missed some issues back in the day. May have to crack open my comic boxes to get the pre-Knightfall Batman and Detective issues. Thanks for the heads up on Batman and Robin too.

PostPosted: Mon March 18, 2013 5:37 pm 
AnalLog

Have anyone read the Injustice: Gods among us comic series?
Is it any good?

PostPosted: Mon March 18, 2013 5:42 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

HardTI wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
bada wrote:

Have you read it yet? I'm not sure that I would call it a masterpiece, but it is pretty awesome.
I'm really excited for the Batman & issues coming up. Comic Vine has a preview of the next Red Hood comic and it looks pretty awesome. I can't wait to see how fucked up Jason is.

i have it but havent read it yet....why is jason more fucked up than before?? did he remember the joker killing him in this new universe?

PostPosted: Mon March 18, 2013 6:28 pm 
AnalLog

VinylGuy wrote:
HardTI wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
bada wrote:

i have it but havent read it yet....why is jason more fucked up than before?? did he remember the joker killing him in this new universe?

The Joker physically did something to him. Poor Jason lol. Check out Red Hood and the Outlaws #17 or you can check out the preview below to get an idea.
http://www.comicvine.com/news/exclusive ... 18/146231/

KurtLeon, that series is a fun read. I've enjoyed the 4 issues I have read so far!

PostPosted: Mon March 18, 2013 7:36 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

HardTI wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
HardTI wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
bada wrote:

The Joker physically did something to him. Poor Jason lol. Check out Red Hood and the Outlaws #17 or you can check out the preview below to get an idea.
http://www.comicvine.com/news/exclusive ... 18/146231/

KurtLeon, that series is a fun read. I've enjoyed the 4 issues I have read so far!

So the story of the joker beating him to death is still a part of the universe? and now he has thrown acid to his face?

PostPosted: Mon March 18, 2013 8:01 pm 
AnalLog

Yup! Seriously, the poor kid can't catch a break. Jason is one of my absolute favorite characters in comics. (He's actually what got me into reading them as a kid). I'm not understanding the need to constantly change things up with him up, and add ridiculous new elements to his story. He's been DC's guinea pig for way too long now.

PostPosted: Mon March 18, 2013 8:13 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

HardTI wrote:
Yup! Seriously, the poor kid can't catch a break. Jason is one of my absolute favorite characters in comics. (He's actually what got me into reading them as a kid). I'm not understanding the need to constantly change things up with him up, and add ridiculous new elements to his story. He's been DC's guinea pig for way too long now.

he always seemed like a lost cause, maybe they needed a character like that after having someone like Dick Greyson before him.
I dont really understand the need to get him back after so long...his death was pretty good and what came after too.
Most of the robins have been great characters, right?

PostPosted: Mon March 18, 2013 8:55 pm 
AnalLog

VinylGuy wrote:
HardTI wrote:

he always seemed like a lost cause, maybe they needed a character like that after having someone like Dick Greyson before him.
I dont really understand the need to get him back after so long...his death was pretty good and what came after too.

They brought him back just for suckers like me. I think the Jason fans are pretty rabid and eat up anything he is in.

I have really enjoyed all of the Robins for different reasons. Stephanie included. Damian was probably my lease favorite, but now that he's dead I kind of miss him.

PostPosted: Tue March 19, 2013 12:00 am 

HardTI wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
HardTI wrote:

They brought him back just for suckers like me. I think the Jason fans are pretty rabid and eat up anything he is in.

I have really enjoyed all of the Robins for different reasons. Stephanie included. Damian was probably my lease favorite, but now that he's dead I kind of miss him.

Damian is my favorite Robin followed closely by Tim. Dick has been Nightwing for as long as I've been reading and he's awesome as Nightwing. My introduction to Jason was his death so I don't have an attachment. The two girls were fine.

PostPosted: Wed March 20, 2013 12:14 am 
jeeeesus relax already

bada wrote:
HardTI wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
HardTI wrote:

Damian is my favorite Robin followed closely by Tim. Dick has been Nightwing for as long as I've been reading and he's awesome as Nightwing. My introduction to Jason was his death so I don't have an attachment. The two girls were fine.

There is hint about that girl Harper becoming the new robin...it would be awesome to have that girl from the frank miller`s books

PostPosted: Wed March 20, 2013 2:30 am 

VinylGuy wrote:
bada wrote:
HardTI wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
HardTI wrote:

There is hint about that girl Harper becoming the new robin...it would be awesome to have that girl from the frank miller`s books

I'm kinda thinking Harper should be Oracle.

PostPosted: Wed March 20, 2013 6:53 pm 
AnalLog

bada wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
bada wrote:
HardTI wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
HardTI wrote:

I'm kinda thinking Harper should be Oracle.

I'm hoping for that too. I think we will go without a Robin for a while. I'm pretty happy about RHATO today =)
X-0 Manowar is fantastic this week. Might be my pick of the week, but I still need to read Invincible and Nightwing.

PostPosted: Wed March 20, 2013 9:29 pm 

You just volunteered yourself to put up the pick of the week this week!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1652 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 83  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment