The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1657 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 83  Next
 Post subject: Re: Calling All Comic Geeks!
PostPosted: Sat March 30, 2013 6:38 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

HardTI wrote:
I'd personally drop Detective and Dark Knight. Detective isn't anywhere near as good as pre new 52, and Dark Knight I haven't liked a single issue of. Although, with the main Batman series taking place well in the past for the next year I'm assuming Detective and the Batman & series will now carry the meaty stories. What other books are on your pull list?

Currently I've got aquaman, avengers assemble, flash, indestructible hulk, justice league, kick ass, star wars, swamp thing, uncanny avengers and xtreme xmen.
But i was thinking about droping xtreme xmen, possibly justice league and one of the avengers titles with a batman

PostPosted: Sun March 31, 2013 12:29 am 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:
HardTI wrote:
I'd personally drop Detective and Dark Knight. Detective isn't anywhere near as good as pre new 52, and Dark Knight I haven't liked a single issue of. Although, with the main Batman series taking place well in the past for the next year I'm assuming Detective and the Batman & series will now carry the meaty stories. What other books are on your pull list?

Currently I've got aquaman, avengers assemble, flash, indestructible hulk, justice league, kick ass, star wars, swamp thing, uncanny avengers and xtreme xmen.
But i was thinking about droping xtreme xmen, possibly justice league and one of the avengers titles with a batman

X-Treme X-men has been cancelled so its safe to kill that. You'd have to read the Xtermination crossover to finish out the story anyways. Of all the Batman comics Dark Knight is the worst. I'm not wild about Justice League either but I do like the Shazam back up stories. Kickass has got to be done or almost done too I think. You should deep six Avengers Assemble and get Thor. What you should really do is fire up that tablet and read everything!

HardTI I read East of West it was really cool even though I'm not really sure what's going on. :D

PostPosted: Sun March 31, 2013 1:03 pm 
Future Drummer

bada wrote:
Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:
HardTI wrote:

X-Treme X-men has been cancelled so its safe to kill that. You'd have to read the Xtermination crossover to finish out the story anyways. Of all the Batman comics Dark Knight is the worst. I'm not wild about Justice League either but I do like the Shazam back up stories. Kickass has got to be done or almost done too I think. You should deep six Avengers Assemble and get Thor. What you should really do is fire up that tablet and read everything!

HardTI I read East of West it was really cool even though I'm not really sure what's going on. :D

Definitely glad I purchased a tablet just wish there was more time, there sure are a lot of comics out there.

PostPosted: Sun March 31, 2013 1:21 pm 
AnalLog

Tablets are the way to go! My wife let be buy one when she realized it would pay for itself by me not spending 40-50 a month.
What app do you guys use to read your comics on? I use Comic Rack. It's pretty solid, but with their last update I can't do wireless sync on my Samsung Galaxy 1 Tab. Grrrr

PostPosted: Sun March 31, 2013 1:28 pm 

I use comic flow. It's free.

PostPosted: Sun March 31, 2013 3:41 pm 
Future Drummer

I also use Comic Rack (Free Edition) I don't keep too many mags on my SD card and I never bothered to sync my Android Device with my PC Comics folder.

PostPosted: Sun March 31, 2013 5:08 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Are you guys using something like utorrent to download the comics? I didn't really want to download a bunch of stuff onto the harddrive of my tablet

PostPosted: Sun March 31, 2013 7:50 pm 

Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:
Are you guys using something like utorrent to download the comics? I didn't really want to download a bunch of stuff onto the harddrive of my tablet

I don't use torrents but if I did I would prob download them to my PC and then transfer them to my tablet. Then delete them from my tablet after I read them but have them archived on a dedicated external drive. That's all theory though since I don't do that.

PostPosted: Sun March 31, 2013 8:12 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

bada wrote:
Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:

I don't use torrents but if I did I would prob download them to my PC and then transfer them to my tablet. Then delete them from my tablet after I read them but have them archived on a dedicated external drive. That's all theory though since I don't do that.

How would i transfer them, theoretically speaking? Could i email myself the file and open it with the tablet?

PostPosted: Sun March 31, 2013 9:09 pm 

Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:
bada wrote:
Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:

How would i transfer them, theoretically speaking? Could i email myself the file and open it with the tablet?

USB

PostPosted: Sun March 31, 2013 9:20 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

bada wrote:
Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:
bada wrote:
Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:

USB

Don't have one on my tablet

PostPosted: Sun March 31, 2013 9:21 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:
bada wrote:
Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:
bada wrote:
Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:

USB

Shit, never mind, i assume i can use the one i charge it with :lol:

PostPosted: Sun March 31, 2013 10:24 pm 
AnalLog

Any cloud storage like Google Drive or Dropbox would work for you too. I use Comic Rack's sync but before that I used Google Drive.

PostPosted: Mon April 01, 2013 12:45 am 
Future Drummer

Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:
Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:
bada wrote:
Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:
bada wrote:
Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:

USB

Shit, never mind, i assume i can use the one i charge it with :lol:

also you can transfer files with a sd or micro sd card, which ever your tablet takes...

PostPosted: Mon April 01, 2013 12:59 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

got an offer from marvel, 60 for the year for over 12000 titles. not sure if it is just for me or not but heres the link

http://marvel.com/comics/unlimited?utm_ ... lUnlimited

PostPosted: Mon April 01, 2013 1:59 pm 
Future Drummer

I got that too. Still mulling it over as I'm on android and that app doesn't exist yet.

PostPosted: Mon April 01, 2013 4:30 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

im leaning towards it with my ipad

PostPosted: Mon April 01, 2013 5:02 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

bada wrote:
Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:
HardTI wrote:

have you read the uncanny avengers? ive been getting it since it it started 5 or 6 months ago, but havent started reading it yet

PostPosted: Mon April 01, 2013 5:36 pm 
AnalLog

That Marvel deal would be great if it wasn't for this part : "Read more classic and newer issues every week — added as soon as 6 months after they hit stores!".
I'm just not patient enough to wait at least 6 months to read a new issue.

PostPosted: Mon April 01, 2013 5:56 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

i normally only buy the HC so this wouldnt be a huge deal.

i just picked up the kree/skrull war and the first xmen (wolverine gathering mutants along with creed and mags) the latter i should have left stay on the shelf

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1657 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 83  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment