The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1657 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 79, 80, 81, 82, 83
 Post subject: Re: Calling All Comic Geeks!
PostPosted: Fri December 29, 2023 7:52 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

My kid got duplicate Attack on Titan for Christmas. The local comic book store wouldnt take a return or exchange. I know they probably had someone read and return something once, but cmon! You're begging me to never buy a book from you again and just use Amazon.

PostPosted: Fri December 29, 2023 8:05 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

B wrote:
My kid got duplicate Attack on Titan for Christmas. The local comic book store wouldnt take a return or exchange. I know they probably had someone read and return something once, but cmon! You're begging me to never buy a book from you again and just use Amazon.

i hate when stores do that. I bought a L' Occitane cream to my mom, they gave me a exchange ticket but no, i need to pay more if i want to exchange it for a similar cream because the day i bought it i got a discount.

Bitch, it the same fucking item with the same retail price.

PostPosted: Fri December 29, 2023 8:08 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

VinylGuy wrote:
B wrote:

i hate when stores do that. I bought a L' Occitane cream to my mom, they gave me a exchange ticket but no, i need to pay more if i want to exchange it for a similar cream because the day i bought it i got a discount.

Yeah, and if your store sells only items that are cheaper on Amazon, you could at least try to win on customer service. The book is in pristine condition, it was clearly never opened.

PostPosted: Fri December 29, 2023 8:37 pm 
Future Drummer

B wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
B wrote:

Yeah, and if your store sells only items that are cheaper on Amazon, you could at least try to win on customer service. The book is in pristine condition, it was clearly never opened.

Sadly customer service is disintegrating at such a crazy rate.

I'm sure the local comic shop got burned at some point, scamming is far too prevalent, but perhaps that person on duty wasn't afforded any leeway on returns. Store credit, assuming there is time to judge the return, is such an acceptable solution.

PostPosted: Tue January 02, 2024 7:13 pm 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

Top 5 favorite comic series of 2023. Honorable mention to the various Millarworld books that came out in 2023(The Magic Order, Night Club, Big Game ect).

PostPosted: Tue January 02, 2024 7:20 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

oasisfan35 wrote:
B wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
B wrote:

Sadly customer service is disintegrating at such a crazy rate.

I'm sure the local comic shop got burned at some point, scamming is far too prevalent, but perhaps that person on duty wasn't afforded any leeway on returns. Store credit, assuming there is time to judge the return, is such an acceptable solution.

I don't blame the specific employee working. I blame the store owners. I'm not even particularly angry. I just know that this store is down at the bottom of my list now because other stores and/or Amazon have a lot more flexibility.

PostPosted: Fri January 12, 2024 11:04 pm 
Future Drummer

wease wrote:
The only thing I’ve read by Terry Moore is Strangers in Paradise. Fantastic book.

Starting this tonight. Really haven't been feeling jumping in to any superheroesque stuff for a while now. First issue of Somna was good but the next isn't out for a bit.

PostPosted: Thu February 01, 2024 9:54 pm 
Major Dude

About 2/3 thru LAZARUS by Greg? Rucka and Michael Lark. Gorgeous book. Great story. Highly recommended.

I first discovered Rucka thru the Grendel Prime novel he wrote. That’s probably been 25-30 years ago, now. I don’t have everything he’s done but I have a LOT of it and I don’t think there’s been anything I’ve disliked. I’m not really sure where I first saw Lark’s work, but he’s one of my favorites and he’s one I try to get everything of.

PostPosted: Sun February 25, 2024 5:36 pm 

Skybound is killing it with their Energon Universe. Every issue has been gold so far. I'm legit excited for each new issue.

PostPosted: Wed March 06, 2024 7:54 pm 
Future Drummer

Looking forward to starting Night People after I finish American Gods.

PostPosted: Sat March 09, 2024 12:02 am 

I really enjoyed Boom Studio's first Vol. of Buffy The Vampire Slayer. It was a sorta reboot/re-imagine where some things are the same some are different. The art was fantastic. Dan Mora really captured the cast. He's one of my favorites. The art in Vol. 2 was atrocious. Story was still good. Hopefully Mora is back for Vol. 3.

PostPosted: Sat March 09, 2024 12:14 am 
Future Drummer

bada wrote:
I really enjoyed Boom Studio's first Vol. of Buffy The Vampire Slayer. It was a sorta reboot/re-imagine where some things are the same some are different. The art was fantastic. Dan Mora really captured the cast. He's one of my favorites. The art in Vol. 2 was atrocious. Story was still good. Hopefully Mora is back for Vol. 3.

This was not on my radar but definitely is now :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Mon April 01, 2024 11:48 pm 
Major Dude

Just found out Mark D Bright passed away aged 69 a few days ago. I was a big fan of his from Iron Man to Green Lantern to Power Man & Iron Fist to Quantum & Woody. A great talent gone too soon.

PostPosted: Tue April 02, 2024 12:51 am 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

When all those late 80s early 90s guys start dying off I'm going to be worried. Luckily most of them were pretty young.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Tue April 02, 2024 4:54 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

wease wrote:
Just found out Mark D Bright passed away aged 69 a few days ago. I was a big fan of his from Iron Man to Green Lantern to Power Man & Iron Fist to Quantum & Woody. A great talent gone too soon.

for some reason i always thought jackson guice and bob layton did armor wars/iron man stuff from that time. the art in those iron man stories was defining for me, much like silvestri will always be xmen, Buscema for avengers and romita sr spiderman

PostPosted: Tue April 02, 2024 9:01 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

BurtReynolds wrote:
When all those late 80s early 90s guys start dying off I'm going to be worried. Luckily most of them were pretty young.

Dude i was a wreck when Norm Breyfogle died

PostPosted: Tue April 02, 2024 10:15 pm 
Major Dude

Peeps wrote:
wease wrote:

for some reason i always thought jackson guice and bob layton did armor wars/iron man stuff from that time. the art in those iron man stories was defining for me, much like silvestri will always be xmen, Buscema for avengers and romita sr spiderman

Guice followed Bright who left right after Armor Wars. Bright was on the book for 2-3 years. He started with 200 and Akin/Garvey inking him but when Michelinie and Layton came back to the book, it REALLY took off. And Layton looked great over Bright’s pencils. He was a favorite of mine after that. I recognized him from the Falcon mini and a FF annual, but he really came alive on Iron Man.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1657 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 79, 80, 81, 82, 83

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment