The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1652 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 83  Next
 Post subject: Calling All Comic Geeks!
PostPosted: Wed January 02, 2013 8:42 pm 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

Pick of the week: 12-26-12

Post subject: Re: Calling All Comic Geeks!
PostPosted: Thu January 03, 2013 4:19 pm 

Pick of the week: 01-02-2013

PostPosted: Thu January 10, 2013 5:00 pm 

Pick of the week: 01-09-2013

PostPosted: Thu January 10, 2013 7:26 pm 
A Return To Form

bada wrote:
Pick of the week: 12-26-12

How are variants even distributed? I don't think I've ever even seen one much less had the opportunity to snag one (unless I eBay it).

PostPosted: Thu January 10, 2013 9:39 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

bada wrote:
Pick of the week: 01-09-2013

Is this one actually a new book starting at 1? Id love to read some of the star ways stuff but figured id be way lost starting in the middle somewhere

PostPosted: Thu January 10, 2013 9:42 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

How much is everyone reading right now? I think im at somewhere around 16 or so comics, and maybe its just because i just started like a year and a half ago, but i tend to get overwhelmed feeling and im always like 1 or 2 months behind. Am i just trying to read too much or does everyone read a large amount every month?

PostPosted: Thu January 10, 2013 11:18 pm 

griffinxi wrote:
How are variants even distributed? I don't think I've ever even seen one much less had the opportunity to snag one (unless I eBay it).

Think it's just luck unless your buds with a store owner.

Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:
Is this one actually a new book starting at 1? Id love to read some of the star ways stuff but figured id be way lost starting in the middle somewhere

New book....takes place after A New Hope. That's why I'm jumping on.

Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:
How much is everyone reading right now? I think im at somewhere around 16 or so comics, and maybe its just because i just started like a year and a half ago, but i tend to get overwhelmed feeling and im always like 1 or 2 months behind. Am i just trying to read too much or does everyone read a large amount every month?

I read a lot of them. I can be tough sometimes to remember what happened in the last issue. I can take a few pages before it comes back to me.

PostPosted: Fri January 11, 2013 4:10 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

i dont follow any month to month. ill pick up a TP or a HC if i see it at the store or will special order from amazon

PostPosted: Fri January 11, 2013 5:41 am 
AnalLog

Peeps wrote:
i dont follow any month to month. ill pick up a TP or a HC if i see it at the store or will special order from amazon

Me too pretty much... Just finished Avengers Omnibus 1...
taking a comic book break to read Neil Young's autobiography
then back to Evolutionary Wars cross over.

I really wish i could get into keeping up with the X-force comics, and Uncanny Avengers, and The All New X-men, and Uncanny X-men when it starts back up... but that month wait just kills me... so i just wait till the hard cover collections come out

PostPosted: Fri January 11, 2013 5:59 pm 
A Return To Form

Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:

I just got back into collecting, and I'm buying all the Marvel re-launches to see what's worth following. Right now I'm really liking The Avengers, Uncanny Avengers, All-New X-Men, Captain America, Thor God of Thunder, and Indestructible Hulk.

I love Spider-Man but the loss of the flagship title is really bugging me. Amazing Spider-Man was my bread and butter as a kid; I don't care if Doctor Octopus is Spider-Man, cause that shit will get sorted out. But I want the title back.

PostPosted: Tue January 15, 2013 11:24 pm 

This looks cool! Storm got her mohawk back! Coming in April!

PostPosted: Tue January 15, 2013 11:30 pm 
RM Elitist

bada wrote:
This looks cool! Storm got her mohawk back! Coming in April!

There don't appear to be any men in those X-Men

PostPosted: Wed January 16, 2013 2:24 pm 

Pick of the week: 01-16-2013

Last edited by bada on Thu January 17, 2013 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed January 16, 2013 2:43 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

havent picked up my stuff from the shop in like a month, im probably gonna have something like 20 or more comics waiting for me :lol:

PostPosted: Thu January 17, 2013 3:58 am 
Banned from the Pit

My buddy just gave me the first two hardcovers for Invincible I'm halfway through the first one and i like it. Just downloaded The Dark Knight Returns and Year One and am looking forward to reading those as well.

PostPosted: Thu January 17, 2013 11:31 pm 

Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:
havent picked up my stuff from the shop in like a month, im probably gonna have something like 20 or more comics waiting for me :lol:

Are you reading Thor God Of Thunder? It's really good.

PostPosted: Fri January 18, 2013 12:19 am 
Mind Your Tanners

bada wrote:
Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:

I didn't pick that one when it started a couple of months ago. Im mostly reading DC stuff, a bunch of batmam titles, flash, aquaman, green lantern and green arrow, swampthing, justice league and superman. Then the marvel stuff is, incredible hulk(the one where hulk and banner have been separated) avengers assemble, uncanny avengers, xtreme men, and a few more i can't think of right now. Im hoping i can find that starwars when i get a chance to get to the shop

PostPosted: Fri January 18, 2013 12:33 am 
Looks Like a Cat

I bought the first volume of The Invisibles TPB a year or so ago, but I never made it past the second issue in the volume. Someone in this thread encourage me to finish the story, please.

PostPosted: Fri January 18, 2013 1:38 am 

Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:
bada wrote:
Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:

I didn't pick that one when it started a couple of months ago. Im mostly reading DC stuff, a bunch of batmam titles, flash, aquaman, green lantern and green arrow, swampthing, justice league and superman. Then the marvel stuff is, incredible hulk(the one where hulk and banner have been separated) avengers assemble, uncanny avengers, xtreme men, and a few more i can't think of right now. Im hoping i can find that starwars when i get a chance to get to the shop

That's cool. I've been mostly a DC guy myself for a while but I've been taking advantage of the Marvel Now thing to get back into Marvel especially the X-men. Outside of Uncanny X-Force I haven't been a regular X-men reader since like 1990. The Bat books and the Green Lantern ones have been great. I'm kinda losing interest in the others you mentioned though for the moment I'm sticking with them. Except Green Arrow. Never gave that one a chance.

PostPosted: Fri January 18, 2013 1:46 am 
Mind Your Tanners

bada wrote:
Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:
bada wrote:
Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:

That's cool. I've been mostly a DC guy myself for a while but I've been taking advantage of the Marvel Now thing to get back into Marvel especially the X-men. Outside of Uncanny X-Force I haven't been a regular X-men reader since like 1990. The Bat books and the Green Lantern ones have been great. I'm kinda losing interest in the others you mentioned though for the moment I'm sticking with them. Except Green Arrow. Never gave that one a chance.

I like arrow, but haven't loved this current story line, i just keep hoping it will get enjoyable. i wanted to read a few of the marvel now books, but didn't know if i could keep up with many more books. I did pick up iron man which i don't know about yet, and fantastic 4 which i didn't like.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1652 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 83  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment