The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 258 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: TV: Hannibal
PostPosted: Tue August 25, 2015 2:30 am 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

spike wrote:
unless he had it done somewhere else, seems to me it wouldn't be hard for the fbi to canvas area tattoo parlors and ask around about an entire human back sized red dragon tattoo. it's memorable and wouldn't be too many of them.

But you don't have to give a tattoo artist your real name or home address, so how would that help?

PostPosted: Tue August 25, 2015 2:39 am 
The Master

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
spike wrote:
unless he had it done somewhere else, seems to me it wouldn't be hard for the fbi to canvas area tattoo parlors and ask around about an entire human back sized red dragon tattoo. it's memorable and wouldn't be too many of them.

But you don't have to give a tattoo artist your real name or home address, so how would that help?

well it wouldn't hurt!

PostPosted: Fri August 28, 2015 4:46 am 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

Haha holy shit

PostPosted: Fri August 28, 2015 11:17 am 
A Return To Form

Holy shit doesn't even do it justice :shock:

Spoiler: show
So, Hannibal and Will have their metaphorical sex-murder dance at Dolarhyde's expense, and then in a moment of shared joy and love, they embrace and take a dive off the cliff?? Surely they couldn't both survive that??

It was beautiful, and it was batshit crazy. Loved it.

PostPosted: Fri August 28, 2015 4:08 pm 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

I still wish the season had been more Red Dragon, less Florence. The finale was beautiful but it did feel rushed at times.

PostPosted: Sun August 30, 2015 3:16 am 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

Daniel Bryan wrote:

So, Hannibal and Will have their metaphorical sex-murder dance at Dolarhyde's expense, and then in a moment of shared joy and love, they embrace and take a dive off the cliff?? Surely they couldn't both survive that??

Did you not see the post credit scene?

PostPosted: Sun August 30, 2015 4:55 am 
Future Drummer

The 2nd half of the season was fantastic. They really should of made the chase, florence and verger stuff less then 7 episodes.

PostPosted: Sun August 30, 2015 10:49 am 
A Return To Form

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Daniel Bryan wrote:

Did you not see the post credit scene?

I did.

But I don't think it means that Hannibal or Will survived the fall.

I just read this interview with Fuller, and in the article he talks about it being a murder-suicide on Will's part. The finale had plenty of hints that Will had come to a realisation that the only way to stop it all was to finally kill Hannibal, and he knew it might involve his own death, too.

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/hannibal-finale-season-4-movie-revival-ending-spoilers-1201581424/

Again, its open to interpretation. Bedelia, sitting there without a leg, awaiting Hannibal's arrival....I think she had been so completely changed and is still Hannibal's prisoner. She can't help herself, I think she took off her own leg in anticipation. She feels driven to impress Hannibal. But she'll be waiting forever because he'll never come back and sit at the dinner table with her.

I could be totally full of shit, and if they were doing a season 4 then its easy to say they survived and would resurface later. But I find it more poetic that they have a beautiful final moment together and then take the plunge in each other's arms.

PostPosted: Sun August 30, 2015 11:22 am 
Rank This Poster

Yeah, I don't know what the plan was for season 4,but that worked perfectly as a series finale.

PostPosted: Sun August 30, 2015 5:44 pm 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

I agree with Daniel regarding the meaning of the post-credit stinger. Personally, I wish it hadn't even been in the episode-- feels like gilding the lily, so to speak. The fall ends the series beautifully, and it doesn't go against Will's character. The Bedelia scene brings up implications that are unnecessary and implausible.
(either Bedelia chopped off and cooked her own leg, which, let's think about this for a minute, is a pretty fucking difficult thing for a human being to do-- or, Will and Hannibal survived that motherfucker of a fall while bleeding from several orifices and Will has joined Hannibal as his murder-husband to exact revenge on Bedelia for... what? Her complicity in those crimes in Florence while she was under the influence of what is effectively her abuser? This would betray Will's character. I don't buy it at all.)

PostPosted: Sun August 30, 2015 8:55 pm 
A Return To Form

theplatypus wrote:
I agree with Daniel regarding the meaning of the post-credit stinger. Personally, I wish it hadn't even been in the episode-- feels like gilding the lily, so to speak. The fall ends the series beautifully, and it doesn't go against Will's character. The Bedelia scene brings up implications that are unnecessary and implausible.
(either Bedelia chopped off and cooked her own leg, which, let's think about this for a minute, is a pretty fucking difficult thing for a human being to do-- or, Will and Hannibal survived that motherfucker of a fall while bleeding from several orifices and Will has joined Hannibal as his murder-husband to exact revenge on Bedelia for... what? Her complicity in those crimes in Florence while she was under the influence of what is effectively her abuser? This would betray Will's character. I don't buy it at all.)

Agreed.

With regards to Will, its been signposted all along and it was hinted at during the finale. Will knows he's more like Hannibal than he ultimately wants to, and although the tag team murder at the end was beautiful to him and kinda what he's been fighting against this whole time, he still knows that its wrong and isn't who he truly is. He is a lot like Hannibal, but he isn't quite on Hannibal's level. He still knows the world needs to be rid of Hannibal, but he knows he can't live with or without him....so he takes the plunge with him. The ultimate act of heroism.

Bedelia is just royally fucked up at the end. Sure, its a playful hint that Hannibal and Will survived seeing as she has two extra plates set at the table. But I think in the end, she was abused too much by Hannibal and was still under some sort of Hannibal spell. She feared him, she dreaded him, but ultimately she didn't want to be without him. She's sat at the table, meat back on the menu, waiting for someone that will never come.

PostPosted: Sun August 30, 2015 9:11 pm 
Rank This Poster

its open to interpretation
everything depends on a season 4/movie

PostPosted: Sun August 30, 2015 10:50 pm 
Future Drummer

Maybe it's better it ends now. Instead of 4 seasons from now with mads dressed like a lumberjack. What was the name is the song at the end?

PostPosted: Sun August 30, 2015 10:59 pm 
RM Elitist

I enjoyed the finale.

I like the unexpected element of killing off Hannibal. Speaking for myself, I just assumed it would dovetail into Buffalo Bill somehow, possibly with even a direct Clarice mention.

Also, I think the last scene with Bedelia (who I honestly couldnt stand. She talked so slowly it was difficult to watch. I know they needed someone for Will to talk with about Hannibal, that that was rough) was fine. I just thought it was to show despite being gone the power that Hannibal could have over people. I didn't think it was to imply a return

PostPosted: Mon August 31, 2015 1:28 am 
Rank This Poster

Anyway, Scully still has some good tits. :heartbeat:

PostPosted: Mon August 31, 2015 1:31 am 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

lowlight79 wrote:
What was the name is the song at the end?

"Love Crime" by Siouxsie Sioux. Written for the show.

PostPosted: Mon August 31, 2015 1:03 pm 

PostPosted: Mon August 31, 2015 9:07 pm 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

PostPosted: Mon August 31, 2015 9:51 pm 
Future Drummer

http://collider.com/hannibal-season-4-silence-of-the-lambs-plans-revealed-by-bryan-fuller/

Lee Pace as Buffalo Bill would of been interesting

PostPosted: Mon August 31, 2015 11:02 pm 

lowlight79 wrote:

Damn. I hope he gets to do a movie or mini series with everyone. What a great show.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 258 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment